Photos: Cradle The Orb, Frame The Orb

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:06 pm
Rydia says...

The first one is perfect. It's just simply breath taking. Not so sure about the second though the concept of 'framing' the orb is very interesting. Keep up the good work!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:12 pm
Saphira says...

The first one is fantastic, i can't fault it. The postion and contrasts are just amazing. The secound is also really good. I like how everything is dark and the 'orb' is bright, though i think that something more is needed.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:44 am
Alteran says...

First Pic is great. Using the Tree as a kind of stand was brilliant and the colours of the bacground really help accent the sun and the tree.

The seond one...well, it's unbalanced. The Negative spaces Really over power the positive. Not crazy for it. he framing idea, however, was very good.
Last edited by Alteran on Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:47 am
Emerson says...

Fabien, you are so amazing..

Your photography is always superb. You should go professional =]
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:56 am
sabradan says...

The second one is waaay too dark. The second one is pretty good. However, as far as the second one is concerned, while the composition is better than the first (a lot tighter, better use of space and such), the shot is just too dark, negating everything else because its too hard to make out.

You are a much better photographer than this. Hoestly your other stuff is a lot better. However, I did like the fact that it all had a theme.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:33 pm
Fabien says...

Thanks for all your thoughts. I'd have to agree with most of you, I like the first one better. But let me reveal some things about the nature of these shots.

The first one was taken in May, the second in June. They're not part of a series; they just both happen to have the sun as the main subject.

The first photo - I was shooting with a digital for the first time and I was walking around and had time to position that shot and capture the image.

The second photo - was done with my analog Pentax, I took it out the passenger window of a speeding car. It was taken at the speed of two thousandth of a second. It was one of those literal split second shots, I didn't even know if I'd captured my vision until I got my photos developed.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:58 am
Alice says...

Very good pictures, they look like they were taken by a digital camera? I love taking pictures, but unfortunally theres not many photogenic places in my town so I end up taking the same pictures over and over and over again. I'd love to be able to capture a sunset like you did here.
I just lost the game.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:59 am
LowKey says...

The first one was amazing. Nothing could compare. The second one was good to, but not as good as the first. Just amazing.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:30 am
Via says...

The first one is great, but watch the red dot exposure.

The second is too dark to do much for me. Yes, there is sun............what else? Haha. First is really good though!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:45 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Your titles are, of course, perfect, darling, and I especially enjoyed the first one. I think the concept of "framing the orb" might have been a bit better served if you had framed it in a way that allowed us to see more than just sun and frame, but I really did like the second one anyway.

Marvelous, darling, keep it up!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:54 am
JC says...

The first one is amazing. Beautiful. Breathtaking. You get the picture. (no pun intended). But what's with the four pink spots? Those kind-of tripped me out.

The second one just didn't do it for me. I like the contrast with the one bright light and the rest of the darkness, but the placement was odd. Good concept though.

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon