24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:27 pm
JustLaugh says...

I'm not sure if this is the place for this
Attachments
Dancing.jpeg
Dancing.jpeg (62.02 KiB) Viewed 502 times
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:46 pm
Crysi says...

This is indeed the place for it! :)

Just a little nitpick -- the legs are a bit off, both in shaping and placement. If you follow the upper leg, I don't think it would end at that spot.

But other than that, I love it! Very cute and whimsical.
Love and Light

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:53 pm
Emerson says...

Very pretty =]

Other than the leg, I do have another nitpick. If you look at her dress strap to the left (her right) it doesn't seem to be in the right place, I think it should be more to the right, it also looks like it's floating over her shoulder, rather than lying on her shoulder.

Really cute though ^_^
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:16 am
Jennafina says...

Yes, this is the right place. :)

This is a very pretty picture! Proportion wise, there are some things that could be fixed which I'll talk about later, but in general it's lovely. The body language is perfect: even without a face she looks happy. That takes talent.

Her chest should be thinner, and her legs should be thicker. The front leg needs to be pointing a little more forward, so it can connect with the hips. On her back leg, the one on the branch, the knee area is unclear. Maybe you could add some more definition? Proportionally, feet are as long as between the elbow and the wrist. Seem to big? Test it, lol! I didn't believe it either when someone told me that. Also, hands are the same size as the face. The fairy's hands should be bigger, and I'd love to see some more detail on them.

Love the flower and the wings. The branch is also very nice, and the folds of her skirt are cute. :) Are you going to ink/color this?

Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:50 am
Via says...

It's pretty! But, she has no face (don't worry, I hate them too). And too me I suppose she just kind of looks stiff...like a doll? Still pretty, though. Reminds me of the tooth fairy.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:25 am
Alice says...

Of course its the place for this.

(the picture) It is missing a face, but thats always the hardest part of drawing. She needs color, but color tends to ruin the vibe of these things, if not the picture itself. Her outfit is cool, and her lack of shoes is very fairy like.

(the photograph) Yes I am aware that this is supposed to be of a dancing fairy, not a photograph of a drawing of a dancing fairy. But as a photograph its very good, its the classic sketch book picture, you have the rings and the paper in the rings.

Thats all I've got

~~~AJ~~~
I just lost the game.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:11 pm
Rydia says...

This is very cute and I like that you left it in sketch format - seems to fit the drawing - but she does need a face and the skirt looks too big on her, almost as if it's going to fall off. Other than that though, it's very pretty. Are you going to develop it at all?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 pm
Saphira says...

I really like this. I ove the detail on the wings and the way they are positioned. I also loke the detail on the branch. It looks very life like and the whole picyure looks fantastic. The only thing i would look at would be the position and size of the legs. They seem to short for her body and are at the wrong angle but apart from that this is really good.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:44 am
JustLaugh says...

Thank you. She does have no face for a reason, i don't do faces, If you can tell the emotion of a picture without the face, that is good, but i do plan on detailing it more, thats why i put it on here, to get opinions and such, as to what i could do to make it better. I do not plan on coloring it, i don't have the right tools to make it look good colored. I just started drawing in January, this is one of my first pieces. Thank you again.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality