By Fabien Belcourt, August 2006
Cortez Island, BC, Canada

"Before The Great White Fall"
By Fabien Belcourt, September 2006
Burnaby, BC, Canada

"Rain Kissed & Winding"
By Fabien Belcourt, October 2006
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Last edited by Fabien on Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
The surrounding world
was an ugly one,
but we needed no beauty
other than the light
within each other's eyes. - "Modern World" * topic15452

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:05 am
stirly says...

My random mini critique:

Picture number one:
Personally, I think the focus on the road takes away from the peice a bit. Personally, I'd rather focus on what the road is leading to, rather than the road itself. Black and yellow Asfault is only so interesting for so long :D

Picture number two:
I love the subject matter. Seriously- where do you live? If you have photoshop you may want to bring the contrast up a tad, but other than that I can't see anything that needs to be fixed. Well done!

Picture number three:
Again, beautiful subject matter. I especially like the way the greens, browns, and grays play off of eachother. You may want to crop out a bit of the white sky, though. The eye is immediately drawn to it, and everything below it isn't really noticeable.

Picture number four:
WHERE DO YOU LIVE?! I love this peice... with a passion. Theres really nothing to comment on. Let me know if you have a DA account- I totally want to fav this one.

Anyway, because of the stuff I listed really can't be fixed unless you want to run around retaking pictures, and its probably not the best idea to listen to me anyway, you may as well ignore this. So um... yeah. Have a nice day.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:16 am
Alteran says...

I live them. Not crazy about the first one cause the angle you choose draws the eye up but the up of the picture is destablized and out of focus. Kinda makes it a not pleasing to the eye pic.

Second and thrid are gorgeous. Really very pretty.

and I love the angle on the fourth. I want to live where you live too. So pretty!
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:22 am
whence says...

2nd and 4th = :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Awesomely awesome.

the 4th is probably my favorite. But the second makes a strong case.

[Try your hand on something other then roads, perhaps?]
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:24 am
Emerson says...

Oh, gosh Fabes... Even these photos without people are just stunning.

I loved the twisting road ever since I saw it in your blog, seeing it was the others makes it "fit" in. They all are of the same style.

You are so amazing with this. Print a book or something, with pictures and witty stories on the opposite pages that represent the pictures, lol. They're magnificent, as always.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:04 pm
Rydia says...

I love the fourth, it looks so mystical, the way the water reflects the sun and the trees lining the sides. Brilliant!

The third is a little plain but the leaf carpet of the second is nice and a good contrast with the green.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:40 am
Via says...

The first and the third one are definitely my favorite. There is a road near my house that is much like that, and the scary part is today I considered stopping and taking a picture of it today haha. But, it's slightly more populated than yours. I love 'em!

Wm
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:46 am
View Likes
whence says...

ok, you don't like awesome?

Well here's more detail for yeh':

The two main aspects of the fourth that stick out as appealing, are the texture and gloss of the road at the bottom, and the shape of it at the top. Something about pictures of the glare of wet asphalt is so enthralling to me, and your angle is well chosen. The road shape up-top is just plain interesting, and again, then angle suits it. Also, the colors are rather complimentary of each other, so it makes for an over-all pleasant and intriguing piece.
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:40 am
Myth says...

I love the fourth one because it looks like the road is turning into a stream when it starts to wind.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11