Young Writers Society

Your basic art thread

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:14 am
stirly says...

Athena:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61131814/
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:25 pm
Rydia says...

That expression is so her and I love the eyes! The hair is beautiful, the helmet perfect. The shield's a nice touch and that outfit is superb, very goddess. I think the hand holding the spear should be firmer though. It looks a touch too casual and absent to fit with that 'I'm considering killing you' expression. Very good though and one of my favourites.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 pm
stirly says...

I'm glad you like it :D

Yeah, the hand is definately a bit off. I was refferencing a statue of her, but unfortinately the expression contradicts the hand (The statue was just so... mellow. It didn't seem very Athena-ish)

I shall definately fix that when I get a tablet!
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:46 pm
Via says...

I like! Of course, I like everything...usually. BUT, anyway, I still like it! I really like the 'shading' around her, that definitely gives her the God-glow. However, I think the helmet is a little off. I don't know why, but it just looks odd to me. I see her falling backwards due to too-heavy-of-helmet and it makes me cringe. But everything else, great!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

106 Reviews

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:23 pm
stirly says...

Yeah, the helmet is definately a bit off. I think its too big or something....

Anyway, Aphrodite:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61248584/

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:44 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Aphrodite! Ah, my favorite "goddess" to diss around when I was writing reports on mythology. xD

I like her outfit, it conveys how much of a sl*t she is.

The only thing I can find wrong is her hair.....it looks so thick and tangled that it's defying the wind, kind of confusing. :P But that's all. Her facial expression is perfect. It reminds me of a cat stalking a mouse.

Which is basically what Aphrodite did. LOL.
ohmeohmy

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:28 pm
Rydia says...

I love her! I must agree that the outfit is perfect for her reputation and that expression? Brilliant. I think the hand needs a little work and her head appears to be turned a touch too far. As for the hair, I can see what Ink means but I like it. It flows so nicely and she's so pretty!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:01 pm
Phoenix57flame says...

Hey! You have a very distinct style! I love the outfit! What programs do you use out of interest? Ever tried Photoshop? If not I recommend you try it. Or if you find it hard to get that program there's The Gimp which works in the same way (and is free w00p!) Just search for it in google... if you're not sure I can always give you a link. Your work is great for your age, some I feel is a little rigid, have you thought of loosening your lines and maybe using a lighter colour than black for the outline? These are just suggestions, I really like how your work is developing! Bravo and keep up the good work!

106 Reviews

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:43 am
stirly says...

Thank you :D

I'm a big fan of the GIMP, and photoshop when school rolls around (Its the one and only time I can use it... unfortunately, I can't say I own it *le sob*).

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:53 am
Alteran says...

Athena is gorgeous. You did very well on her form and clothing. The glow around is a nice touch for a god.

Aphrodite is equally as beautiful, though her presence would overshadow Athen in a room. Her expression is perfect as is her body languag. Well done.

GIMP rocks! :D

Look forward to your other Greek gods.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:15 am
Bella says...

Woah...you're good.

Athena looks amazing; her clothing is neat, the way it flows, and is tighter in all the right places. The way she glows is a nice effect, which kind of shows how powerful she is. Her shoulders are kind of slanted though, but that's just my opinion.

Aphrodite is....pink. lol, that's the first word that came to mind, sorry. You can tell by the way she presents herself that she is full of herself. Her outfit looks amazing, and I lvoe the way her hair flows out around her.

I hope to see more of your stuff soon!
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

106 Reviews

Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:05 pm
stirly says...

Adam_Atlantian wrote:Athena is gorgeous. You did very well on her form and clothing. The glow around is a nice touch for a god.

Aphrodite is equally as beautiful, though her presence would overshadow Athen in a room. Her expression is perfect as is her body languag. Well done.

GIMP rocks! :D

Look forward to your other Greek gods.

You officially get a high-five for that.

The others will be up soon. I have to get a few requests out of the way, but as soon as I do I'm continuing work on Hera.

106 Reviews

Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:30 am
stirly says...

Woot for horrid, disproportional shoulders (Yes, that is my hint for you to not mention them)!!!!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61392986/

For Whence.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:55 am
Alteran says...

I love the teddy bear! Other than the Shoulders he looks great. Nice work.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:24 am
Loose says...

hehe, those teddy bears are really cute! They look like a ball of cotton or fluff trying to be evil and freak people out, so cute!

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
— Albus Dumbledore