z

Young Writers Society

Your basic art thread

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:58 pm
Rydia says...

I think the others caught the slight problems but she is really pretty! I'm glad that you made her hair a darker shade of red than Ginny's (Or at least darker than I imagine Ginny's) and the style is really pretty.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:50 pm
stirly says...

Baroness Ink wrote:Whoop! Can you say, "Ariel hair"?

A couple of things:

1. The wand
...stubby and chunky. XD

2. The eyes
are not almond-shaped or startlingly green!! :twitches:

3. The color of her vest/tie
are Gyffindor colors, and they're supposed to be grey, I think, at least until second year.

4. The freckles look like zits! Try a browner color. :P

Other than that, I like it. :D

WOOT FOR ARIEL!

Harry, his mums, and Lily never quite hit the almond shaped eye mark, for me. Same goes for the eye color. I hate green eyes that are too green, and Lily (the older one) always had dark green eyes in my happy, little imagination for some reason.

O.o Why gray? Gah- oh well :D It was a screw up anway, considering there was no way she could know her colors just yet. Still, it would have broken my colorscheme if I went with anything else, and I really like the way gold sets off her hair.

Yeah... they do look like zits.

Anyway, I shall one day fix those problems. As soon as I get a tablet, I'll start working on it!
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:20 am
Alteran says...

Lily is really good. A few points, I like the freckles but thought there should be fewer. Her wand sould be a bit more cylinder shaped, not so pointed at the ned.

I love the magic swirl.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:06 am
Pushca says...

Baroness Ink wrote:3. The color of her vest/tie
are Gyffindor colors, and they're supposed to be grey, I think, at least until second year.

In the books there was never a mention of vests or ties. The movie, I don't know.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

106 Reviews

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:36 am
stirly says...

Tonks:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/62059303/

I friggin' love babysitting. I made 40 bucks sitting around coloring with markers for 4 hours while the kids watched Clifford. An excellent Hermione picture also came out of it, but the dark hair is having difficulties with the yellow skin.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

647 Reviews

Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:42 am
Alteran says...

Pink hair! I love it!

Nice work. Her eyes stand out very nicely.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:12 pm
Rydia says...

I think Tonks looks a little young but the hair is awesome!
Writing Gooder

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:01 pm
Pushca says...

Three cheers for spiky pink hair!
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:33 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

Wow, these are great! I love them all.

I especially like the second Athena. That's your icon, yes?

It's very cool.

Oh, and the icon you made for the TW guy is quite nifty as well.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

106 Reviews

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:29 pm
stirly says...

http://heartsmackingboombox.deviantart. ... e-67552975

^ My third favorite goddess. Yes, I know the arms are disproportionate and that she's green. The arm thing wasn't noticed until I was pretty much finished (I'll wait until I have a tablet to fix that). The greenness, on the other hand, was on purpose. I've always thought of Persephone as something of a flower: Greenish skin, pink/purple hair, bright blue eyes, etc.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:10 pm
Rydia says...

Wow, she's very punk. Certainly not how I think of her. I always think of her as having long, golden hair and blue eyes but then, I suppose she does end up queen of the under world. I love the colour you've used for her hair and the dress is perfect. This time I think the expression is a touch strange but she's very beautiful and well drawn and you already know that the arms are diproportionate so I have no faults to point out. Great work!
Writing Gooder

106 Reviews

Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:22 am
stirly says...

Yeah... she definately appears punkish in this. I wanted her in the all black attire that Hades gives her, but for the heck of it I added random skulls. The result wasn't too good :P

You're definately right about the expression. Its definately off, and certain aspects of it need to be redone. Thank you for pointing it out! I wouldn't have really noticed it if you hadn't.

Poseidon:
http://heartsmackingboombox.deviantart. ... n-67589906

647 Reviews

Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:30 am
Alteran says...

Oh my, he's very interesting. His arms dont match his body very well. I like the crazy bulgin muscles, but his chest is too small I think. Actually, I could see the arms smaller and it still look really good. I love the greenish glow around him.

His face is brilliant. I really like it. He's so cool. Just how I imagined him. The sparkles will be cool. That's the only thing I thought he needed.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:40 pm
Rydia says...

His face seems a little long to me and brings monkeys to mind but I love how you've done his skin and how it's almost like the waves at the ocean. Very clever. Also, I like his outfit but I think it bulges a little too much where his stomach is and the facial hair is brilliant. Maybe a little more work on the crown though? You could have it as marble or black slate or something. I think a rock would be uber cool. In general very good though =)
Writing Gooder

"The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, fluttering back to earth."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening