z

Young Writers Society

100 challenges

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:27 am
stirly says...

Oh my goodness golly gee wiz, its been a while since I've done one of these.

Challenge #(blank)
Take an hour or more for each step (line art, coloring, etc.)
I needed to redo my self-portrait, and it was actually rather fun to do. The best part: I really am that orange/brown right now :p
It reminds me of the old nickelodeon show "Hey, Arnold"

I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:57 am
Jennafina says...

Hehe, without the ponytail you'd look like me! Sort of, anyway. xD I really like the picture. The background is subtle, but it adds a lot, and I love the way the colors all fit together.

The coloring has some problems. Nothing huge, but there's a spot on her side where the blue goes over the black line, and by her shoulder, the black line goes too far. The sketchy lines in her eye and tank top straps and the ones near her chin make it look a little sloppy.

I like the expression in her eyes. ^_^
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:08 pm
Via says...

Ooo this one is my favorite of your so far! It's got an awesome colorscheme going on.

The only fault I'm overly concerned with is the shirt over the chest area. It's okay on the right side but the left side is completely different.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:20 pm
stirly says...

I think I understand what you mean by the shirt thing, but I'm probably wrong. I made all of the stripes the same width at first, but something didn't really fit right about it. So, instead, I made them a bit funky by changing them up a bit as a redrew them.

I totally agree about the sloppy lines thing. I'll fix it up sometime soon.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:36 pm
Via says...

In the most insenstive way possible I could say it, it looks like she has one boob. That's what I mean lol. :D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:24 pm
Rydia says...

Rather you than me pointing that out but I'm in complete agreeance. Other than that slight flaw though, she's well drawn and the colours are pretty.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:44 pm
stirly says...

Yeah.... I know. I tried to work with shading to create another boob, but it didn't really work. Until then, we'll pretend that my other one fell off in a freak accident involving radio active waste and spider man.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:05 pm
whence says...

if you're gonna lose a boob, I spose that's the best way to do it.

Anyway, I really like this one. It isn't quite your usual disney style, and the freshness is wonderful. Aside from sloppiness already pointde out, very well done.

[you seriously don't have a tablet? You aren't hiding one beneath the lumpy tumor-strewn stripes? -is suspicious- ]
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:46 pm
Leja says...

Maybe if the blue stripes curved up instead of down?

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:29 pm
stirly says...

whence wrote:if you're gonna lose a boob, I spose that's the best way to do it.

Anyway, I really like this one. It isn't quite your usual disney style, and the freshness is wonderful. Aside from sloppiness already pointde out, very well done.

[you seriously don't have a tablet? You aren't hiding one beneath the lumpy tumor-strewn stripes? -is suspicious- ]

I'm too poor to afford a tablet and the many programs that are needed with it :D

You sound like you're becoming emotionally involved with the custard.
— Nikki Morgan