z

Young Writers Society

100 challenges

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:25 pm
stirly says...

This is one of the few times where you're going to see the line art instead of an actual, finished, polished picture. Why? Because the colored version actually sucked more than the line art (It happens on a rare occassion)

Challenge #(Something or another)
Take either someone else's character or a character of your own and draw them in someone else's style.

Snow White would make an excellent ambassador between characters of different companies.

Timmy's speech bubble: AND NICKELODEON SHALL RISE UP, AND DOMINATE CHILDREN'S TELEVISION, AND DISNEY SHALL BURN IN A FIERY HELL OF DOOM!

Snow White's speech bubble: You do realize that you probably wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Disney, don't you?

DON'T COMMENT/CRITIQUE THIS. Seriously, I really don't want to hear it. I know it sucks already, and I don't want to go through the trial of reading mistakes that I already see. I don't to hear whether it is even remotely good, either. Just look at it, and move on. It isn't a good peice, and I know it. It fullfills a challenge, though!

I hate it when I create something ugly.

Again, to see the best version, double click and full size the pop-up.

I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:32 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Hey, if you don't want people to critique or praise anything here, then don't post it.
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

106 Reviews

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:31 am
stirly says...

yoha_ahoy wrote:Hey, if you don't want people to critique or praise anything here, then don't post it.

I wouldn't of, but it completed a challenge :D Quite a nasty situation, actually.

Challenge #(I REALLY have to figure out these numbers!)
Don't use the same color twice.

The parts I cheated on:
The bolts in the leg armour, the shading, and the arrows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callamire (Teenage Writers)
A thin, fast girl who was great with a bow and spear. She existed to embody feminist ideals into the story. Tom openly loved her for some strange reason, but return his love she did not.

She popped in to my head WAY too easily. Anyway, I like the fact that though the colors will look EXTREMELY similar at times, they're still completely different. For the first time in a while, I'm actually quite happy with the coloring.

I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:41 pm
Rydia says...

Really if you're cheating on these challenges then you can't count it as completing them but the drawing by itself is nice. She's a bit thin though and her neck is rather long but it's better than my pictures.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:01 pm
Rydia says...

I like the first one though she's a little pale for that photo.
Writing Gooder

106 Reviews

Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:29 pm
stirly says...

kitty15 wrote:Really if you're cheating on these challenges then you can't count it as completing them but the drawing by itself is nice. She's a bit thin though and her neck is rather long but it's better than my pictures.

And yet I count them anyway :D

She's a cliche, she's supposed to be obnoxiously skinny. If she was normal than the whole story would be ruined. I do agree with you on the neck, though. It is quite giraffe like.

106 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:25 am
stirly says...

Challenge #(I'll edit this later)
Create your own wallpaper

This particular peice brought back a LOT of good memories. I had a decent idea (probably shaped by the film Hook) of what mermaids looked like before Disney ran away with my imagination. This was it. YAY FOR TURTLES! Anyway, its smaller here than it actually is, but oh well.

As usual, double click than full size the pop up for best results.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:50 pm
Rydia says...

I'm not so sure about the tops they're wearing but the hair has been done well and the choice of colours is good.
Writing Gooder

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:53 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Oh! I LOVE the mermaid background! Especially their hair ^^
ohmeohmy

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:58 pm
Myth says...

It looks a little empty but I love the purple mermaid!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

106 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:52 pm
stirly says...

Kitty13: I don't know why, but I always grew up with the idea that mermaids used cloth (usually taken from sails) that they found on sunken ships for clothing. Random, I know.

Myth: I know, and its actually sort of killing me. The only thing of interest is the mermaids and the turtle..... and thats it. Unfortunately, because of a lack of a tablet, I can't do a lot of the stuff that I want with it. You're absolutely right, though. Until then, we'll pretend they're hanging out in Curacao :D

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:12 pm
Via says...

Haha I was thinking the same thing about the tops. Cavemen mermaids? Ah, who knows, it could happen. I like it a lot, really! I'm glad to see one of your drawings with a background.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:56 pm
Imelda says...

I actually rather like it slightly empty. Busy desktops drive me mad. ^^ And most people have their icons on the left, so it's a useful gap! Fanbulous as usual, Stirl!

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:42 am
Pushca says...

Wow. I think the emptiness is really good for wallpaper. *Contemplates whisking off to desktop* I love the mermaids, and turtles are da shiz.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:09 am
Alteran says...

Lovely, I do hope to see you go into animation. They really are very nice. :D
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

if ya mention chickens, i have to show up, that is the law.
— alliyah