z

Young Writers Society

100 challenges

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:12 am
stirly says...

Dysangelist (On teenage writers) posted some uber cool challenges for people to take over the summer, and this is where I'm going to dump the art that I created because of it. Basically, by the end of this thread, there should be 100 images. They'll all come from 1 of the 3 challenges (some are impossible for me to do).

Challenge 1: 1 image, three different types of coloring (I cheated on this one, but oh well.)
[QUOTE=Callamire;229720]“There’s something else,” said the princess. “Since you’re my brother (Tum told me), and I’m a princess, and our parents are dead, and we’re living in a cliche feudalistic society, that makes you the king!”[/QUOTE]
This particular moment is when she's saying, "A cliche, feudalistic society"

http://www.teenagewriters.com/forum/sho ... php?t=9498

I loved that story :D Something tells me quite a bit of fanart is going to come out of it. The complete lack of descriptions gave my imagination some freedom, while still giving me enough overly used adjectives to give me some idea as to what they might look like.

Don't critique it too harshly. I already see pretty much all the bad details. Actually, I probably wouldn't have even posted it had it not been for the hair and the fact that it fullfilled the first summer challenge.

IMPORTANT NOTE: click on the image, then full screen the pop up. The image that appears there isn't nearly as pixilated.

I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:58 pm
Rydia says...

She's very pretty and well drawn. The dress is absoluetely gorgeous though something about her makes me think of ariel out of little mermaid. I think it's the hair. Very nice though and she looks really good in the dark green.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:00 pm
Via says...

She reminds me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast lol. That's pretty cool though. What are the other two challenges?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:11 pm
Myth says...

Brilliant! I knew your art reminded me of something: Disney!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

106 Reviews

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:17 pm
stirly says...

:D Her hair had to be "cascading" so It ended up kind of looking like Ariel's (I think her hair is the thickest out of all the Disney Princesses.... other than Jasmine) But I imagined her hair brown, and her dress green, so she ended up looking like a mash up between Ariel and Belle with a bit of Princess Peach thrown in (If she dyed her hair brown and switched up her dress a bit, something tells me they'd be a lot alike)

I'm hoping to do about 1 challenge a day, so every day a new one should be posted.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:51 pm
stirly says...

Challenge #(something or another) take two characters of the opposite sex that belong to someone else and genderbend them. DON'T YOU DARE COMMENT ON THE FEET/LEGS, THE UNBELIEVABLY PATHETIC BACKGROUNDS, ARIEL/ALLEN'S JAW, OR THE FACT THAT ERIC/ERICA IS PRETTY MUCH JUST BROKEN. Seriously, I'll bit your ears off.

Princess Erica: She enjoys playing the recorder and fantisicizing about the non-existant man that she thinks saved her life.

Allen (WHAT GUY NAME GOES WITH ARIEL?!) Unfortunately, he can't talk. He spends him time brushing his hair with forks and staring at Erica.

YAY FOR UNORIGIONALITY!!!!!!!!!
I'm done now.

820 Reviews

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:54 pm
Myth says...

I love Allen's expression! Though Ariel's clothing look a little bland, the colour choice mainly. But still brilliant, can't wait to see the next entry.

'...'

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:59 pm
stirly says...

The colors on both characters are a little bland. I was trying to stick to the origional character's color schemes and styles as much as possible. Unfortunately, it made for some dull costumes :D

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:57 pm
Rydia says...

Ariel looks good as a boy and the face of Erica is beautiful but the body needs a little work. Very good though, much better than anything I could do and an interesting challenge. I shall have to suggest it to my sister...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:20 pm
stirly says...

Yep.... you just officially lost your right to ears :D

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:34 am
oregongirl says...

WOW :shock: you're an amazing artist! I agree with whoever thought that she kind of had an Ariel look from the little mermaid. The second pictures were amazing also! :D good job! :D
ML,
oregongirl
OREGONGIRL

106 Reviews

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:16 pm
stirly says...

TO SEE THE BEST VERSIONS OF BOTH PICTURES, PLEASE DOUBLE CLICK ON THE IMAGES AND FULL SIZE THE POP UPS. Otherwise, you'll have to live with the horrible, uber pixilated, low quality images that are autopmatically there.

Challenge #3:
Take a drawing that you created it put it into an actual photograph. I beg of you, please don't comment on how pixilated they are or the fact that Marie Antoinette is pretty much in the most akward post ever. This peice is humiliating enough already (Its just so..... bad.) Again, its one of those things that had to be posted because a. I like the way she looks (except for the edges and her face) and b. it completes a challenge. There are two options to this one:

Color:
I like it because the colors are very.... her.

Color-less:
I like it because it reminds me of a classic film, which is very me :p Aaaaannd I like the fact that its a bit less pixilated around the edges.

820 Reviews

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:21 pm
Myth says...

It isn't so bad! Her hair reminds me of vanilla ice cream topping =]

'...'

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:35 pm
Via says...

I like it! The colors are a little washed out...but I assume if you like it it's all good! Good drawing, still!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:42 pm
Twit says...

VERY good! All of these are good.

*clutches ears* I liked Erica and Allen best, but it was only your comment that made me look critically at their feet. :D Allen's feet weren't that bad, but Erica's were a bit clunky.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
— Leonardo da Vinci