z

Young Writers Society

Table Rock Photography

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:43 pm
stirly says...

Interesting peices, and I'm glad to see that you have the ability to focus on a certain object (YAY!) my suggestions for each one (If, you know, you ever want to be silly enough to go retake them :p)

Picture number 1:
Its a beautiful flower, and the focus is flawless. It breaks the rule of thirds, though. When taking a picture of this sort (Or any picture, really) it is extremely important to remember where the placement of the object in focus lies.

Picture number 2:
Again, beautiful subject matter, but this time it is both out of focus as well as breaking the rule of thirds.

Picture number 3:
(WHERE DO YOU FIND SUCH BEAUTIFUL PLACES AND THINGS?!) Gorgeous, though there isn't any interest to it. I would recommend putting someone in there to add interest.

Picture number 4:
Its interesting, but there is nothing abosolutely astounding about it. Cool tree, by the way. Still, there is nothing really wrong with it.

Picture number 5:
There is a little too much going on at once, and though the red object captures your eye, its extremely over powering. My recomendation: Stop and think about how you can have quite a bit of focus on the object and a blurry background. A slight focus on an overall picture is nice, a single focus on ONE particular spot is powerful.

Picture number 6:
FOCUS- YAYYYYY! Still, the part in focus doesn't really feel right sitting right smack dab in the middle and a tad bit too high.

Picture number 7:
Honestly, don't crop down the entire picture to the sign and some wood. It doesn't really look professional. Take a step back, focus, remember the rule of thirds, work around with angles, THEN take the picture.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:18 pm
Alainna says...

I can't really crit so I'll just say what I like....

I loved the 1st one with the flower and the third with the dead tree.
The last one didn't really fit and it wasn't that great.

Nice photos overall.

Alainna
xxxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians