z

Young Writers Society

Table Rock Photography

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sun May 27, 2007 1:27 am
Kylan says...

These are a couple of my pictures that I took on Table Rock in oregon. They're all shot right after the rain. Tell me what you think!!!

Last edited by Kylan on Sun May 27, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Sun May 27, 2007 1:31 am
BrokenSword says...

Woah! I'd love to see them, but first try to shrink them down. I can't see them properly when they are so large! :S

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun May 27, 2007 1:34 am
Meshugenah says...

Size 'em down, size 'em down!

It's slowing me down on broadband...
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

387 Reviews

Sun May 27, 2007 2:13 am
Kylan says...

How do you do that? They look fine on my comp....

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun May 27, 2007 2:22 am
Alteran says...

Your computer is either resizing them automatically or your diemensions match those of the pictures or are higher.

There is avery nice and easy program called IrfanView that i use to resize photos. It's freeware, just google it.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun May 27, 2007 7:40 am
sabradan says...

I refuse to critique this until it is resized.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

387 Reviews

Sun May 27, 2007 7:53 pm
Kylan says...

I refuse to critique this until it is resized.

sabradan: Getting a little caustic aren't you? Thanks for that useless piece of information.

Anyway, I'm working on it... I'll probably just change hosts and try again. Thanks for your guy's advice.

-Kylan

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Sun May 27, 2007 9:53 pm
BrokenSword says...

Thanks for resizing! :wink:

#1: The flower needs to be shifted more into the center, and I would tilt the camera vertically. I like the fringe on the petals and the raindrops are quite clear.

#2: It's blurry; the camera's looking at the flowers behind it. I would get closer (if your camera allows it) and make sure it knows what it's focusing on.

#3: Nice landscape, but it's missing something; I want to put a sign on the left to balance out the yellow flowers. Unfortunately, you really can't just rip out a signpost and stick it there, but it does look nice. I like the sky.

#4: Nice! Even though the tree gets a little lost in the foliage around it, it is still very stark against the sky. Try playing with B&W and see what it looks like. A black border would look really good around this.

#5: Mmm...I don't like shots like this. The color's beautiful, but I keep wanting to tilt the camera up to see more. A picture like this is sort of like taking a picture of a flower and cropping out everything but the stem. I want to see the beauty of the WHOLE thing.

#6: Ah, I've done a few shots like this, putting the camera on the tree trunk. It's very interesting and I love the soft moss. The tree spiraling off into the sky is great.

#7: I would rather have the sign on a landscape. Right now it's just a sign; I don't know where it is or why it is there. Pull back so I can see where it is.

What sort of camera do you have? Does it have a macro setting? If you can set it to a lot of manual settings, play around with them. I have never set my camera to Auto because setting it to Auto will give you a good picture, not an artistic one. If you can, mess around with shutter speeds, white balance and the aperture openings. You have potential, and a good eye. Just keep practicing and posting pictures and you will start to learn which sort of shots to stick with and which ones to ditch altogether.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue May 29, 2007 12:43 am
Via says...

I like the first one.

The second one the focus is a little off.

The third one is rather boring, honestly.

Love the fourth one, although it would be better I think if the tree were off to the right a little bit more and there was a little bit more land on the left.

The other are okay, a few focus problems but ok. But my favorite is definitely the tree that looks like it got struck by lightning =]
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue May 29, 2007 3:09 am
electricbluemonkey says...

1: Great photo. Probably the best one. The flower should be in the center.

2: Again, in the center.

4: I spoke too soon. This is the best. I love the cloudy sky and how the dead tree is just there, in the middle of nowhere.

7: Haha, it looks like someone shot the sign.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue May 29, 2007 3:37 am
sabradan says...

#1: This is pretty good, although, personally, I probably would have focused more on the flower, and blurred out hte background. (I don't know if you're using an SLR or not, with a snapshot cam you can't really do that so I understand). Personally, I would have also used b/w bc the flower is such a dull color. I disagree with EBM...the compostition is fine. Completely centering your focal point=bad.
#2: Definately not as good as number one, but still nothing to scoff at. I would have zoomed in more/used a zoom lens for these close in flower shots. Also, while color is a good choice for this one, again, I would have made the flowers more of a focal point, and blurred out the rest.
#3: rather boring, Not much to say honestly.
#4: I really like this one. Not much to say. I absolutely LOVE the composition and use of positive/negative space (thanks in large part to the interesting look of the cloudy sky) I also think this one would be the best in B/W.
#5: same as three.
#6: This is probably my favorite. Great use of space, and really nice composition.
#7: same as 3.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Wed May 30, 2007 6:08 am
Sohini says...

These are so good and so full of Nature. I like the angle from which you've shot the moss-encrusted tree branch and that polished driftwood is so eerie!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:48 pm
Myth says...

First one is brilliant, love the rain drops on the petals. I also like the red tree[?] one.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:52 pm
Rydia says...

The first and fourth are brilliant and so is the sixth to a lesser extent. The second is alright too, though not the best of flowers, but the others didn't really grab my attention.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:33 pm
Fand says...

I second Myth! The first one and the red tree one are my favorites. Both are gorgeous.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..."
— Unnamed Girl from "Mean Girls"