z

Young Writers Society

Evil Mage! Mwahahahahaha!

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Tue May 22, 2007 4:25 pm
Imelda says...

This is the baddie from my trilogy. She came out looking a lot more evil than she does in my head. Possibly because I actually have no artistic talent and 'subtly evil' is beyond me. ^^ I'm trying to draw all the main characters from my books, but so far she's the only one I've finished. Criticism is appreciated. :D

Reviews: 1
Tue May 22, 2007 5:15 pm
puddlehopper says...

Very cool! Though if you're trying for realism, she's rather disproportionate; the lower part of her body is much too long. Personally I think it looks cool that way--it all depends on what sort of look you were going for. ^_^
and don't get me wrong, dear, in general I'm doing just fine
it's just when it's summer in the city--and you're so long gone from the city--
I start to miss you, baby, sometimes

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue May 22, 2007 7:44 pm
Alice says...

Is she supposed to look that tall? cuz if she is that looks flippin sweet! same if she isn't though
I just lost the game.

Random avatar

Tue May 22, 2007 8:52 pm
Imelda says...

HAH! I didn't even notice she was that tall. :D She originally had a huuuuge body as well, but I cut that down. I will shorten her, because she isn't supposed to be like that. Thanks for pointing it out!

Hang on ... this is the wrong version. O_o Uh oh ... what did I do with the finished one? :S

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu May 24, 2007 12:44 am
Alice says...

this isn't finished? it looks finished. and your welcome
I just lost the game.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu May 24, 2007 7:35 am
Sohini says...

evil indeed.
She reminds me of the Witch-Queen in "Silver Chair" of the Narnia series.

I think her hand glow-thingy is really cool!!!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu May 24, 2007 9:14 am
BlackDove says...

I like the detail here in the trees but i think the colours could be worked on. also, somehow making your artwork sharper and less blurred that could work. But all in all, a very good picture and well done!

yours
BlackDove :D :D :D

P.S. No mage is more evil than the dreaded aleera!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
lol
i actually enjoy editing poeples stories - so if you would like me to edit your story, please send me a PM. I think it would be easier than me simply criting your work and certainly much more thourough!

Random avatar

Thu May 24, 2007 12:03 pm
Imelda says...

I retract that: it is finished. I think I was having eyesight problems when I looked last time ...

Thanks, Sohini. Her 'hand glow-thingy' (I love that term. XD) is her magic. And it was the funnest thing to do. :D

Hi BlackDove (I'm still critiquing your story--I just hit a bit of a critting slump). What do you mean by 'the colours could be worked on'? Do you mean they're not realistic? I'm really only just getting into the art thing ... I have no clue. :p

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu May 24, 2007 1:43 pm
Muse says...

I especially like the glow coming out her right hand, its cool. I think the colours are fine, but i do agree that her legs are far too long compared to the rest of her body though! I like her face though, its good. x
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Thu May 24, 2007 6:41 pm
Shine says...

I like the background....and the glowing hands...the colors are cool too....

and yes she is kinda too tall ....

but yes she is evil:D

keep posting ur other drawings....
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu May 24, 2007 7:17 pm
Jennafina says...

Very nice! You definitely do not not have artistic talent. You've got lots.

Okay... criticism. Right. :D

The first thing I noticed is that her head seems too small. Most humans heights are six to eight times the length of their heads. She looks like she has ten or eleven. This is different in anime/manga or cartoon style, but it doesn't look like that's what you're going for. If you make her head bigger, be sure to make her hands bigger too. ;) They should be approximately the size of her face. Hands are big!

On the subject of her hands, they look different from each other. The one on the tree is small, and delicate, (really nicely done, by the way. I love it!) The one by her hip is thicker, and sort of beefy looking. I don't know if that's the right word. xD

You could fix it by only showing the first four fingers, and coloring her pinkie green.

Nice face, her expression is really clear. Her outfit makes her figure a little masculine, but it looks fine.

I hope you post your story. This looks like an interesting character!

Thanks for sharing it.

Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Thu May 24, 2007 7:44 pm
CK Lynn says...

Her hands with that green glow is really cool. Her head is way to small, though. Also, she looks part old and part young, which is weird.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:46 pm
Slayer says...

Dammit, I can't see it. You didn't post this on TW, did you? If so, I never saw it.
Homework: (Noun) a punishment given to students by evil teachers after the students have already put in 7 hours of hard labor. (See evil, torture, wrong, cruel, unjust, satan)

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:53 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

Aw, man! I can't see this one either! Is there something wrong with my computer?? :cry:

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:56 am
Alteran says...

This is an old topic, More than likely Imelda removed the picture from its original host. And watch your language please.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
— Mark Twain