z

Young Writers Society

Ivan and Joan!

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:43 am
KingKamor says...

The image is a bit fuzzy and big, but that's the best my scanner can do at the moment...
Last edited by KingKamor on Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I think it goes until it's done."
"Don't we all."

76 Reviews

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:11 am
KingKamor says...

I guess that I should just put up another drawing, since people don't seem to care much about Ivan. =\
Ivan on the right, and Joan on the left. These two, along with their friends, found a use for their capital city's library: to learn how to better control their magic. Joan, however, seems to be sleeping on the job... XD
Last edited by KingKamor on Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't we all."

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:59 am
TellATaleForTwo says...

umm... where are the pictures...?
"Theoretically, if you go to the past in the future, then your future lies in the past. This is a picture of you in the future - in the past."

~Kate and Leopold

76 Reviews

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:37 pm
KingKamor says...

TellATaleFor2 wrote:umm... where are the pictures...?
I moved some things around in photobucket, so some stuff got screwed up. D=
"Don't we all."

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:55 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Cool blades on those swords.

In the second picture, the angle of their bodies to the bookcase is off, and hands are comparatively disproportioned.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:18 pm
Meep says...

In the first one, you make the same mistake I used to: the faces are too square and flat. (I still have a problem with my drawings being too flat, but now they're too round.)
The look a little dead and lifeless, like they're just hanging there, and the cloth folds are weird. (Cloth folds, by their nature, are weird.) Plus, the hands and feet are too small.

However, I must congradulate you on taking on something as ambitious as the bookshelf scene; there's a lot of good detail in that.

Have you seen these turorials? I used them a lot when I started drawing anime/manga-style drawings. (Which I admit that I draw only because I fail at realism.) I have a bunch of other links, if you want those, too.

One last question: what's with the stuff wrapped around the blade on the bottom of the first picture? What purpose does it serve?
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:04 pm
Jennafina says...

Hey KingKamor!

On the first one, I love the swords. They look really real. The second one is very fancy, and I like the angle on the first one.

I like Ivan's angry face.

Nice job on the sandals and his feet. He looks really balanced.

He'd look less feminine if you made his shoulders a little more square, instead of so sloping.

The hand holding the sword looks really nice. The other one looks funny, though, like he's a doll, because it's all stretched out.

On the second one, I like the angle you chose for the scene. I also like the books and the map. It looks very 3-d. Nice use of perspective!

The people look a little off, though, kind of like they're stiff as boards and balanced against the shelves. You could make it look less like that by adding some wrinkles to their tunics at their wastes, where they're bent.

Since Ivan's head isn't pointing straight up, his his hair shouldn't be pointing straight down. It should be floppy like Joan's. Well, unless he's got a serious amount of hair-gel on. :)

Proportionally, hands are the same size as faces.

I like Joan's face. She looks really cute.

Thanks for posting! Really nice work.

-Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

76 Reviews

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:56 pm
KingKamor says...

Wow, thank you all for your commets and criticism. (But what's with the sudden flow of comments after a few weeks of nobody posting at all? :? )

Meep: The things on the sword and it's sheathe (below it) are talisman, which are meant to keep the sword's power in check. Ivan once broke the talisman on the pummel, and the strips of steel that were wrapped around the sword's blade turned into whips that lashed out and killed everyone around him (i.e, a whole army). =D Fun stuff, huh? (and thanks for the link!)
"Don't we all."

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:15 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

The first one's really cool! I like the sword blade.

The faces are pretty good, too. I'm jealous. :)

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

the only theft here is of decency when carina decided to rob me of my pride and put me on a banana
— veeren