z

Young Writers Society

Black and White Photos

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:32 pm
ibelieve_inme says...

My favorite is navy pier....That is a very good photo, and should be recognized as such by anyone who sees it (just like the rest of these.) Wonderful photos...keep it up.
I open my mouth to sing, and you can see right through me.
I open my eyes to see, And I’m invisible
I look around me to take in my surroundings
And I disappear - And then the words begin...

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:25 am
yoha_ahoy says...

The ferris wheel is cool. Of all your photos, it's the sharpest. I don't like your eye picture though because it's too blurry/out of focus. 2, 3, and 7 are blurry or out of focus.

All have pretty good compositions though except for 3 and 7 which I wouldn't know what the heck they were unless you told me. You need something of refrence in those to you can get a good sense of scale to them. Otherwise, they're pretty abstract without that.

Good job though! Keep snapping away! :D
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:30 am
Dream Deep says...

Wow, Dan.

These are all so beautiful. I wouldn't even be able to pick a favorite. No criticism - merely praise. Gorgeous, all. ^_^

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:45 am
Geoff_23 says...

I may not be an expert on photography, but you seem to be more advanced than an amateur photographer. My favorite would be the fences.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:44 pm
kirsten says...

I don't know much about photography so I won't make much of a critic, I can tell you, however, that my favourite picture was the one of the pier - it seemed clearer than the others and there was just *something* about it.

I also loved the picture of the eye, simple but unusual and something that i'm immensly fascinated by. Good work.

The only other thing i'd say about the photos is that the one of the candles arn't very clear in that if you hadn't have said that it was a star then I wouldn't have known. It was a very good picture regardless.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:40 am
Riedawriter23 says...

These are really nice. I think you'll do great with the book. Each of these pictures made me look long and hard they were really interesting and caught my attention.

Best wishes,
Rieda
I love, love.
*This wonderful crit is brought to you by CCF!*

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:33 am
Fand says...

I don't know too much about photography -- I'm really just in the beginning stages of dabbling myself -- but wow... *applauds.* My favorite would definitely have to be the first. The composition is gorgeous. I'm seriously jealous of your skills... *le sigh*
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:52 pm
BrokenSword says...

Hello again!

Your photos are quite nice, and you definitely have an eye.

#1: I LOVE it. It has an old-fashioned feel, and the spokes of the ferris wheel draw your eye to the center.

#2. Eh. Not so much. It's too blurry and I'm struggling to see the detail.

#3. It's hard to tell what it is. The one thing I like about it is that it looks like an old photo from the 19th century.

#4. It's ok. I don't like the fact that the flag seems to be taking up too much space.

#5. I like it. However, the horizon's tilted, there's some dust specks, and yes, it is pretty dark.

#6. Nice. The wooden beam across the picture gives a feel of imprisonment and restriction.

#7. Pretty good. I'm not very fond of using the flash; it makes it looks like a snapshot for a newspaper. I'm also a little bugged by the fact that a little part of the star is missing/perportioned wrong.

#8. OK, but it doesn't mean anything to me.

Nice work! Keep taking pictures to your heart's content! :D

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:21 am
Sohini says...

the first one's really amazing but the eye is unclear.

i liked the candles shot as well, black and white photos have a charm of their own, well done!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:35 pm
CK Lynn says...

They're really cool. They look like the photos you would see in a museum, sorta speckly, but that just adds to the old time effect

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:12 am
JC says...

These are all really good. I was into photography for a while, and I know what you mean by prefering b/w, theres just something so classic about it.

The first one was really good, I love the angle and how parts of the wheel are cut off. It's very pretty. 5 was also pretty good, but the little things took away from it. Do you sill have the negatives for it? You can always re-develop that one.

Good job!
-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:34 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I love Black and White photos

They're better than colour 'cause you use your imagination to fill in the colours. I loved the one of the eye. Was very good.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling