z

Young Writers Society

Deloclya's Digitals

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:16 am
Guest says...

This is an Art board, I know but these sort of constitute as it is using pictures and blending them together to make better pictures. I made these with Serif Photo Plus and take requests all the time (People on other sites put them in their signatures or on their websites and stuff...)
These are just the most recent few that I've done...I've probably done about 40 or so more.
Also, I have many posted on my website: www.freewebs.com/ichoose-a-mortal-life/ which is not just a LotR fansite but alos a writing site as I have a tips section and a section on the creation of language :D (Why not promote my site? :wink: )
NOTE: Please be patient while images load

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:02 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Delo, you make the best banners ever. I loved them, especially the Dominic Monaghan one and the Arwen vs. Liv one...but, alas...no Billy Boyd?!
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:52 am
Bobo says...

Sweet job, Delo! The only problem is that some of the writing is hard to read. I like how you used color schemes to make things fit better- you can't make a good banner when all of the characters have such different color sets and such.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:17 pm
Firestarter says...

Wow they're great!

Really, really cool!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:41 pm
Zion says...

Twas about time! :D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:49 pm
Guest says...

Arvandor knows how long I've been making these :D And you said Billy Boyd?

And just for the fun of it...

I Like to expiriment with different fonts on the same pictures until I find the right one. Any other requests? That one there took me...10 mins max to do...that was actually overly easy as all I did was erase around his jacket a little on the right picture and then I made the left picture black and white and pasted it underneath. :D :D

Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:51 pm
Guest says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:Delo, you make the best banners ever.

Thank you! :D It took a lot of practice! Observe:

One of my first banners: I didn't yet realize that you could *GASP* ERASE parts of the picture to make the banner look cool!!

Now the way I'd do this today:
I Actually couldn't find the picture that I'd wanted to use for the middle but...

Another really early blend... Didn't know how to resize images :roll:

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:41 am
Crysi says...

OOOH Great ones, Delo! I love all the Billy Boyd ones and the first Arwen one.. beautiful!! :D
Love and Light

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:03 am
Tara says...

U'r the banner masta, Delo! :wink:
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:10 pm
Emma says...

YEW MUST MAKE ONE FOR THE FOLLOWING:

TSUMINI (Cant spell)
ANIME DRAWINGS
AND FOR HERE

They are excellent! I may not be able to read your righting but I can certainly see your style! Carry on! I must see more!

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:09 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah, I agree, you should really make one for YWS. Nate would be pleased.

And the tsunami, that would be a little hard, finding pictures and all. But yeah, it would be cool if you did. I don't wanna start you off in a banner making frenzy but...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

145 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:27 am
Tara says...

Oooh, sounds fun!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:46 am
Crysi says...

I made a fire banner for YWS once.. I don't remember how it turned out. :P
Love and Light

145 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:09 am
Tara says...

I love your fire banners, Crysi. Ooh! You know what would be really cool? if we all made a banner together! Delo and I could blend, you could make the fire writing for it, and Delo could add that to it...if only we could ~*sigh*~

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:39 pm
Guest says...

Actually to tell the truth, I'm sort of out of the banner making business: I still take requests but my parents got so sick of it that I can only make a select few and I was allowed to make a Tutorial for my photo editing programme and I can make the layouts for my site. I'll still do those banners that you suggested (which brings the total # of banners that I'm commited to making but have yet to do up to 5!!! 7 if you count the buttons i'm supposed to make!)

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner