z

Young Writers Society

New Years Pictures

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:39 pm
writ3rindisguis3 says...

This is my first try at real photography. I think I did pretty good, but I want to know your opinions! These were taken New Years Eve. Please tell me what you think! Thanks! =]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31420075@N02/3156747924/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31420075@N02/3156747510/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31420075@N02/3156746802/

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:17 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Ooooh! I like this a lot, writ3rindisguis3

First photograph: I like the angle a lot. The contrast of the trees and the sky is nice.

Second photograph: It's nothing really special. I like that it was close to the fire. It made the pyromaniac in my happy, I guess. ^_^

Third photograph: Those white flower/plant thingies are really pretty with the frost on them.

All in all, they are nice photographs. I don't really know very much about photography.

Nice job!

-Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:10 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Hi! I don't know anything about photography, but I loved these pictures. They were all really pretty and artistic, in their own sort of way. I feel that the tree thing has been done already, but regardless it was still a great photo. ;)
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:41 am
ChildofEden says...

Hiya!

1st picture: I really didn't care for it much. The angle was cool, but given that there's so MUCH shadow in the picture, it looks more sloppy and careless than inspiring.

2nd picture: In love with it! But then, I'm a lil' pyro at times, so that's probably why. The vibrancy of the flame goes well against the ashen wood. I like that you did a close-up of that part instead of the whole fire.

3rd picture: Nothing particularly special about it. A close-up of a flower...nothing new here. And not even an especially beautiful one at that. I like how it's sharply clear as opposed to the background, but other than that, not too thrilled with it.

Good try, though! Maybe try some different techniques or colors?

~ Eden
The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My God, oh how you've changed me; broken, shaped, and rearanged me. How you've knocked me down so you could pick me up.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:16 am
Stori says...

Now, I'm no flower expert, but are those baby's breath? Or are they Queen Anne's lace?

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:35 pm
Squall says...

Hi there.

The first photo only shows the shadowy outline of the trees due to the time, place, and way it was taken. It would really be nice to see the actual details of the trees. However, it contrasts nicely with the sky.

The second photo isn't particularly interesting. It's just wood burning. I think it would be better if you had shown a person interacting with the fire (eg: maybe a kid burning marshmallow with it?) That would make it more interesting.

I like the third photograph. Never have it seen those flowers before. They also fit quite nicely with the background. My only complaint is that the background seems a bit blurry, but oh well.

Good work.

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson