z

Young Writers Society

Eggs.

Reviews: 2
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:57 am
Amblur` says...

I had to do a scetch book assignment for my art class a couple of months ago. Thus, this picture was born! I was trying not to use lines to make it look a little more realistic. I really like how it turned out!

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:59 am
KailaMarie says...

That looks really cool. I don't really know how to critique art that well, but I like how it looks.
The background is probably my favorite part. Is that just how the paper was or did you draw that? I love it either way.

Good job!

p.s. sorry this is so short. I didn't know what else to comment on.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:42 pm
Raimunda says...

The shading is awesomness. The lighting on the eggs is just right, perfect in fact. And the position is really cool. I didn't know eggs could even do that. You leearn a new thing every day.

If I was going to be constructive, I'd say...mm, two things. 1, get some different graded pencils to add to the shading more, because as its the WOW FACTOR of the drawing you should emphasize it with like, a 7b. And 2. maybe be more definate with your lines? I know it's ment to be sketchy, but having a definate egg shape would make it more realistic.

Oh, and btw, your signiture is amazingly cool.
xx
I just hit my computer
Because it was being slow
I need my daily Smallville fix
And it will not load the video.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:56 pm
Squall says...

Hi there.

The outline of the left egg doesn't look as smooth as the one on the right. As a result, this makes the left egg seem disfigured in a sense. The shading on the left egg also seems a bit off.

You should try to get darker pencils to add more detail to the eggs. It looks a bit too simplistic at the moment.

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:04 pm
Emma says...

You need more white and more black to outline ONLY the shadows on the egg. There isn't enough definition at all. Also use your whole arm not just your hand to draw the eggs or you get this rough unattractive effect. Don't circle the shines either as it looks a bit cartoon-ish.

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris