z

Young Writers Society

Please help me with a title...

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:45 am
vox nihili says...

I have a crime story that I need a title for. I originally called it Nightmare, but that's starting to sound kind of cheesy-and it doesn't describe the themes very well.
The scenario is centered around a man committing crimes in his sleep. Sound crazy? People all over the world have used this as a defense for homicide charges. Yes, it is, theoretically possible. Anyway, I need a title. I've considered a metaphor to Jekyl and Hyde, but that's from another book-not very original. It is a little like the whole Jekyl/Hyde case. My main character, Frank, commits a few petty crimes-and eventually murder-in his sleep. He's a good guy, and can't remember doing any of these things. How do these sound?
Creature of the Night
Before I Wake
A Peace-Less Slumber
Dreams of Darkness
Bloody Dreams
Please comment....

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:54 pm
Angel of Death says...

Before I Wake sounds good. And the plot seems like its been done before but I think you can make it your own.
~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:25 pm
KailaMarie says...

I agree, Before I Wake sounds the best. This sounds really cool, send me a link when you're done, I wanna read it. =D
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:27 pm
Tassen Spellbinder says...

Not to sound un-origional, but Before I Wake does sound good. Unless its in 3rd person. Prehaps something about closed eyes...
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. - George Orwell, 1984

Where in the world is Enoch Root?

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:28 am
MidnightVampire says...

I'm not very good with choosing titles, but Before I wake sounds good. Unless it's in third person (as stated above), in which case I would go with:
A Peace-less slumber
or
Bloody Dreams.

Though if you change your mind on a title (I know a friend who can't keep a title-or name- for more than a few months) there's always a forum at the NaNoWriMo site under Plot Doctoring where people put titles up for grabs. So it could inspire you or you could use one of those (though yours sounds pretty good)
~MidnightVampire.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

Powerful men have a way of avoiding consequences.
— Dr. Harrison Wells, The Flash