z

Young Writers Society

Script Frenzy!

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:15 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Hey guys! Some of you have shown some interest in writing during April. Well, NaNo doesn't come until November (duh) but NaNoWriMo now has a sister project in April called Script Frenzy! I nabbed the Rules from their site. (Link below.)

Script Frenzy is an international writing event in which participants attempt the daring feat of writing 100 pages of scripted material in the month of April. As part of a donation-funded nonprofit, Script Frenzy charges no fee to participate; there are also no valuable prizes awarded or "best" scripts singled out. Every writer who completes the goal of 100 pages is victorious and awe-inspiring and will receive a handsome Script Frenzy Winner's Certificate and web icon proclaiming this fact.

Even those who fall short of the word goal will be applauded for making a heroic attempt. Really, you have nothing to lose—except that nagging feeling that there's a script inside you that may never get out.

The 5 Basic Rules of Script Frenzy

1) To be crowned an official Script Frenzy winner, you must write a script (or multiple scripts) of at least 100 total pages and verify this tally on ScriptFrenzy.org.
2) You may write individually or in teams of two. Writer teams will have a 100-page total goal for their co-written script or scripts.
3) Script writing may begin no earlier than 12:00:01 AM on April 1 and must cease no later than 11:59:59 PM on April 30, local time.
4) You may write screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, comic book and graphic novel scripts, adaptations of novels, or any other type of script your heart desires.
5) You must, at some point, have ridiculous amounts of fun.

So, if you're interested, get cracking because Script Frenzy started yesterday (April 1st) and goes to the end of April! Here's the link if anyone's interested, though hurry up beause April has already started! Script Frenzy!

~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:48 pm
Aedomir says...

I was going to do this...
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:53 am
Lynlyn says...

I'm doing NaPoWriMo instead. This used to be in June, I think: they moved it to April, which is the same month as the less-official NaPoWriMo... ugh! Now I can't do both, it's just impossible.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

237 Reviews

Reviews: 237
Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:08 pm
Teh Wozzinator says...

I'm doing it! And so far I'm right on track. (At 7 in the morning. :D I should be ahead by the end of the day... except that I have to help move some stuff for grandparents.)
Go K-State for North Division!!

370 Reviews

Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:40 pm
Aedomir says...

So that would be 3.4 pages per day... I guess I am too far behind now--it being the third day.

:wink:

2. Human.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:58 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Actually, getting a page isn't that hard, if you do actualy script spacing. Plus it's mostly dialogue, so each lite could have as little as three words on it <enter, enter> three more words of dialogue... etc. It's goes pretty fast. :)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

370 Reviews

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:32 pm
Aedomir says...

Ye, I use Celtx, great program. I am on 12 pages I think, which is great because I was 3 yesterday!

2. Human.

The best and most beautiful things in the world can not be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
— Helen Keller