z

Young Writers Society

NaNoisms!

Reviews: 3
Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:09 pm
Tigress says...

"He danced around the room like a naked banshee, flitting from place to place and making a general mess of things."

...naked banshee? wtf?

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:09 am
Juniper says...

I nodded at her and looked at her mother. She was sitting in the chair besides Lydia with her head in her hands. I sat down on the exam table and sighed.

This has gotta bite especially considering that my MC is not the one whos supposed to be on the exam table. Owchie.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:19 pm
alwaysawriter says...

She knows that he is really pushing the smaller restaurant idea but knows there will never be another date for them if she gets found.
I mean, awkward sentence anyone?

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:56 pm
tinny says...

her chest had seized up even more, the tight pain tied right across her chest, a choking pain; it was like her lungy flesh bags were made of stone or something else quite hard and not really porus.

I love how bad it is :)
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:07 pm
MidnightVampire says...

“I will now tattoo her symbol on her shoulder blade,”

Very odd sentence...*sigh*.. and I can't even edit it.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:20 pm
andimlovegalore says...

little tin fish yours is the best! I love the word "lungy"

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:27 am
BigBadBear says...

Clarice flushed. “Um, actually, my brother and sister-in-law are still coming up, I think. I’m not quite sure at the moment. But if it all falls through, I’d love to have dinner with you.” Clarice suddenly burst out laughing.

“What? What’s so funny?”

“Heh, I just rhymed. ‘But if it all falls through, I’d love to have dinner with you.’ It rhymed. It just… it made me laugh. Never mind.

Priceless.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:13 am
JC says...

Sometimes I could tell on the first night by how loud they were in the bedroom, or what kinds of sounds they made, as sick as it may sound. Men didn’t worry about that kind of stuff if they were doing a bop n’ drop, as Serena’s friends had called it

The bad thing, I don't even remember writing that. :/

. After tearing it from it’s hook and digging though it like a possessed Emily Rose I found the planner where in the back was the name of a certain Mark K. Reynolds.

So awkward.

Possessed Emily Rose? haha.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:44 am
tinny says...

"Godspeed, Tela," he said, giving her a somewhat sarcastic salute as she hop-skipped out of the alley where they had been dealing business like sneaky sly people in long trench-coats would.

C:
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

Reviews: 4
Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:01 am
danster724 says...

Ben was ever impressed by Stephs sreet gayness.

...*facepalm*...this was a spell check error.
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:16 am
LowKey says...

He was also given intense instruction in his morals, something that had surrounded him his entire lie thus far, ...

lie should be life. But interesting. Intense instruction in morals, something that had surrounded his entire lie so far... must be a big lie.

*writes ideas down*
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:49 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

He was the center of all attention in his realm. He was the lord of the ring.

Run away, Frodo!

*laughs at self*
I am reminded of the babe by you.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:40 am
The-Phantoms-Thorne says...

Two wonderful whoopsies committed by Dr. Jekyll, who apparently doesn't need to transform to be stupid:

Reaching for a small lemon tart, Jekyll's brow creased slightly. “Why did the owners choose that name? Seems a little controversial.”

“I believe that this particular street of catering businesses attracts a great number of philosophical, science and theological students. Here, they are free from the confines of their places of learning to discuss affairs close to their hearts and pursue the 'Unchained' truth, that which is free of the shackles of predetermined thought and beliefs.”

“How very noble. We shall have to become regular patrons here and discuss the absurdity of the upper class.”

Emilie clapped a hand over her mouth, suppressing a terrified squeal. Motioning for her to be silent, Jekyll moved quietly inside and grabbed a walking cane he had left beside the door to aid his more frail patients. Hearing voices inside the examining room, he inched forward, steeling his frazzled nerves in order to protect Emilie. The door was shut tight, so he reached out and grasped the handle with hand slicked with nervous sweat. Heart beating loudly in his chest and blood rushing in his ears, Henry took a deep breath and yanked the door open, brandishing the cane above his head and yelling like a madman.

“Good heavens, what the hell is going on?”

Immediately, he noticed his manservant taking away the teacup from a rather stunning young woman seated comfortably in a spindly wooden chair in the far left hand corner. Althabert swallowed and gestured to the frightening doctor, to whom the lady simply raised an eyebrow. Henry lowered the cane slowly, flushing slightly. Althabert carried on awkwardly.

“Err.. Mademoiselle Rousseau, Dr Henry Jekyll. Dr Jekyll, sir, Mademoiselle Celeste Rousseau.”
~@ Hyde's Classic Lines @~
“I must say, I enjoy a bit of carnage in the evening.”
“Well, this is the oddest angle I've seen London at, I must confess.”

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:25 am
JC says...

Haha. I love reading all of these.

Mine isn't really a specific line, but more of a timeline thing.

My story takes place in september through december, and I'm reaching the most hectic part of the story when I realize...hey, the MC just realized that November is the busiest time of the year for her...

Coincidence? I think not.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:18 pm
Kalliope says...

XD

Sometimes I'm worried about Joy's mental health ...

Orion, can you help me? Look. There’s this guy… Yeah, I bet you here this kind of thing loads of times, but y’know, you as an armed man with a cute dog seem trustworthy. So will you listen?

... I mean talking to animals, okay. But talking to stars?

And here my science brain kicks in ...

It was ime to either run or relax. My periphal nervous system seemed to have truble deciding for me, so I decided on a combination.

...making zero sense. >.>

Wait! No! She's doing it again!!

I was not giving it up, even it it meant living like a bum for a while, free under the never ending sky, Orion ans his dog Sirius my only company. And I doubted they would mind my eating habits.

Five lines later:

“Goodnight Orion,” I said, as I crawled into my sleeping bag and rested my head on my travelling bag.
“Sweet dreams, Sirius.”

Much weird?
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carol (1832-98 )

Got YWS?

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.
— Maya Angelou