Young Writers Society

What's your NaNo '08 about?

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:37 pm
View Likes
Gladius says...

Number of NaNos: 'Tis my first this year...if I actually do it >.>
'08 NaNo: Crushed Crush (horrible, I know; but I just got this random idea and started writing it, and usually I have the title first, so...that's what I came up with ^^;] EDIT: Name change! Yes! It's simply Crushed now. ;)
[b]Genre:
Romance. Though I think there's going to be more to it than that, just 'cause I can't stand writing straight romance...
Plot idea:

Vague idea is--girl meets guy at dance. Girl falls for him and doesn't even realize it. Guy starts dating another girl; girl is heartbroken. Girl becomes depressed. Guy eventually breaks up with other girl over something and/or notices first girl's depression...that's if I decide I want a happy ending. If happy ending, guy asks girl out, girl goes from depressed to hyper; happy-ending-yet-to-be-made. :P No happy ending--...I don't want to think about that. O.o Think I'll go for happy ending. xD

More-defined idea is-- Amelia Darrell is our girl. She's rather tomboyish, and hangs out with the guys almost more than makes sense for a female sophomore (but not in a perverted way). She isn't into dating (a late bloomer) and only reluctantly wears makeup on special occasions. That changes at her sophomore Homecoming, when she meets handsome junior Eryk Bryant on the dance floor and falls head over heels for him...though she doesn't realize it at the time. Her day-to-day actions around school and over the summer are inextricably linked to this hidden pulse in her heart, only coming to a head when she finds out he's dating someone else nearly a year later. It's almost more than she can take, and she becomes despondent. She's sure he'd never fall for someone like her, as there's hardly been enough time for him to get to know her even less than she has gotten to know him. But she gets a break almost a year later when (in her junior year), he breaks up with that previous girl. Can she pull herself out of the hole she's fallen into in time to do something before the school year ends?
Last edited by Gladius on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:54 pm
View Likes
myfreindsavamp says...

Times done NaNoWriMo: Never before. Dun-du-da-dun!
'08 NaNo Name: I have a feeling I'm goiing to change it from A New Light on a Distant Shot to something else.
Genre: Young adult and adult
Plot Idea: It first it's a boy reading his sister's diarys. (I know sounds wrong but hey. He want to find out how she died. :roll: ) I'm going to stop right there. If you want to read the rest of the synopsis you'll have to go to my accout over there that's in my sig.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:28 am
The-Phantoms-Thorne says...

Times done NaNoWriMo: 3 (won in 2005)
NaNo Name: Starry_scorchio
Genre: Horror & Thriller
Plot Idea:

Synopsis: Hyde In Paris
The story of the doomed Dr. Henry Jekyll and the damnable fiend Mr. Edward Hyde did not end with arsenic in a locked room...
Escaping a lengthy stay in a correctional institution, Henry Jekyll makes his way across the channel to France, more specifically Paris. There, his dark side falls in love with the hedonistic way of life of 1800s Parisians.

Hyde In Paris follows Doctor Henry Jekyll's mad attempts to escape from himself and his alter-ego Edward Hyde's transistion mentally from childhood into manhood as the pair ravage the City of Light.

- As found at http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/46600 ! Add me if you feel so inclined!
~@ Hyde's Classic Lines @~
“I must say, I enjoy a bit of carnage in the evening.”
“Well, this is the oddest angle I've seen London at, I must confess.”

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:06 pm
View Likes
The Cheshire Cat says...

Times done NaNoWriMo: Never before.
'08 NaNo Name: The Adventures and Woes of Gregory Smit
Genre: Adventure
Plot Idea: Upon entering the midst of my story, you will be thrust into a world of multi-colored Ninja's, reluctant hero's, brussels-sprouts, a chair named Hal, mailmen, and a very mysterious secret society.
James Bond: Do you expect me to talk?
Goldfinger: No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:56 pm
View Likes
PerforatedxHearts says...

[b]Times done NaNoWriMo: Never before.
'08 NaNo Name: The Screwup Letters
Genre: Young Adult
Plot Idea: Alice, the narrator, is writing a series of letters to a person named James, whose identity is revealed at the end of the story. Basically, she befriends 4 people who start a club called "Assholes Anonymous", similar to Alcholics Anonymous, etc. It's for people who have messed up big-time, which is a trait that everyone in this group shares. It's pretty much a therapeutical step for Alice.

That's a crude summary for it, pretty much. I could tell it more eloquently, but it's the basic idea. The story is written similarly to the style of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, though it's a female account, I guess, with less sex and stuff. Originally Alice was never in my mind as part of the group, it was just the four (Hayley, Ryne, Ian, Nickolas) people and it was supposed to be in 3rd person, but I thought it needed a wallflower view, and that is how Alice came about.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:27 am
View Likes
Ross says...

Time Done NaNo: This is my first time!
NaNo Name: deafwriter_19
Genre: Supernatural Suspense Horror
Plot: I'm not gonna tell! Shh!
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:09 pm
View Likes
KookieKatie says...

My story is about a girl who is writing in NaNoWriMo for the first time. It talks about everything, and includes excerpts from her story, which is about a girl who can see the future. Then there is an epilouge in the end where she becomes a world-famous writer.

You can see how when I started writing, I hit a major writer's block. I think it worked out, though.
Peepsls on this website ought not to be so hatin against other writers!

It's hella hard just to post your stuff to this place, yo!

389 Reviews

Reviews: 389
Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:25 am
View Likes
SeraphTree says...

Times done Nanowrimo:0
NaNo name: K.L. Stowman
Genre: Satirical, parody, comedy.
Plot: A person having writer's block. :)
"How grateful we are that the heavens are indeed open, that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored, and that the Church is founded on the rock of revelation. We are a blessed people, with apostles and prophets upon the earth today."~ Thomas S. Monson

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:42 am
View Likes
ChernobyllyInclined says...

Times done Nano: 3456
Nano name: Derivatives (like underwater kinds)
Genre: Yes
Plot: A boy likes to paint houses blue when their people aren't around. Get's arrested. Get's rescued by a crazy person. Continues adventures with crazy people. A rat-man likes shooting people.

Yep, that's about it.
"Men invent new ideals because they dare not attempt old ideals. They look forward with enthusiasm, because they are afraid to look back."

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:05 am
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

Times Done NaNo: 3
NaNo Title: Tramezzo [ or Glibly, Wayfarer ]
Genre: The one that fits, da? or none.
Plot: The monkey chased the weasel [ and protons chase electrons? ]. Pop.

Er, I haven't the slightest.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:01 am
KailaMarie says...

Times done NaNoWriMo: first this year!
'08 NaNo Name: The Sign of Peace (might change)
Genre: realisitc fiction/young adult
Plot Idea: So this girl, Alyssa, goes to her dad's house for the summer as normal. Her dad's a really cool guy, overly friendly, and sometimes too nice for the business running man he is, but he does a good job taking care of the store he owns, and Alyssa works at. A mysterious guy comes in one day looking for a job, and Alyssa has a crush immediately (which isn't that uncommon for her, but still). But what happens when her dad finds out that that guy has been living in his car and invites him to live with them? ...Strange things...
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
— Leo J. Burke