z

Young Writers Society

sentence scramblers

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:21 pm
Tara says...

This is a game we play sometimes to make up coded screen names for ourselves sometimes. I thought it might be fun to share with you. It's pretty difficult, but if you finish one it's always pretty cool. Here's the idea: you take a sentence and transform in into a completely different sentence using only the letters in the first sentence. For a very basic example, you could take the word tea and turn it into 'eat.' But in this exercise you use an entire sentence. However, if you've already used a certain letter from a certain word, you can't use that same letter again, unless it's in one of the other words in your sentence. For example, you can't turn tea into 'eat at', unless there is another word with the letters 'at' in the original sentence? If there is absolutely no other way out, you are allowed to use up to three extra letters in the sentence, and they can be whatever letters you need. these are called your 'lifelines.' If you use lifelines, put which letters they are after your completed sentence. Does all of that make sense? If not, tell me what confuses you. Sorry the rules weren't put more clearly.

Here's an example of one I did:

Original sentence: My one heart lies behind the stars.

Scrambled: The time he bends starts a honey lie.

lifeline: one extra a.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:57 pm
Firestarter says...

Original sentence: You are my soulmate, my one and only.

Ya, my mate needs you; man, you roll, no?

No lifelines, but I cheated with "ya" I suppose :wink:
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather