z

Young Writers Society

letters from your characters

688 Reviews

Reviews: 688
Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:23 pm
xanthan gum says...

Gummy:

So, our paths finally cross. You've been dancing around me for a while, studying me and such, and it's been quite annoying... So I'm glad that you've finally started. You made me seem pretty hot in the Rosalina scene, but you know... I'm not that much of a witch. Just because I'm a warlord and have some anger problems doesn't mean you have to make me come across as EVIL GLAREY STAB STAB. I mean, I'm the heroine, for God's sake.

Oh, and you better start writing again. I don't know how long Rosalina's arms with hold out before she twitches and pulls the trigger. Killing off the storyteller before he starts telling is a horrible crime.

Here's a suggestion: don't start out with the Captain or with Magestic. Start out with Vinny and Rosalina.

Yeah, I know I'm good.

--Empri
Carpe Diem.

Reviews: 0
Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:13 pm
Coco says...

Dear Coco,

Why have you made me keep the baby when you know I don't want it? I thought you had big plans for me?
I have to say this ... I don't like the way you change your mind so much. One minute I'm an aspiring dancer on my way to university and the next I'm just another statistic, teen mum on benefits! Come on, give me some credit.
I also think you need to stop spending so much time watching tv and get back to finishing off your work otherwise before you know it, you'll be back at university and too "busy" to give your writing a second look.
You should try being at the brunt of so-called "Writers Block" - it sure aint interesting waiting around.

From a fustrated Lana.

Dearest Lana,

If I change my mind so much then who knows ... I might just change it again and have you KILLED off! After all you're just a minor character lucky enough to be given some limelight. The cheek!

From a busy Coco.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:24 am
Fand says...

Dear Author,

Now I know you've hit a motherload of inspirations during your first week at college, but really, must it all be so dramatic? You know you had a blast playing out in the hurricane today. Why dwell on the painful things? Yeah, and for that matter, why not actually tell the reader my name? You know it well enough, since I'm just some bizarre distortion of yourself.

Yours ever,
Girl

-

Dear Girl,

Shut up. And yes, that was fun, wasn't it?

Warmest,
Author

-

Authy baby,

You shut up - I already said it was - and finish your English paper already.

Sincerely,
Girl

-

You,

*sticks out tongue*

Me

-

Dearest procrastinator extraordinaire,

*rolls eyes*

Girl
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:57 pm
Fishr says...

Fishr,

We all are eager to know, when is it that you will start writing again? Each of our stories must be told! We are waiting...

-Entire cast of Bound for Glory: Our Brethren

---

Dear Cast,

Soon, very soon. My little vaca is coming to an end but, Fort Ticonderoga has me way too distracted! Yay! The Revolution relived! Living History is awesome!

*coughs*

-fishr
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:31 am
Wiggy says...

Dear Wiggy,

Enough lass! May all the faeries of Ireland come to plague ye if ye don't start writing soon! My story is waiting to be told! (And you know how patient I am...*grins wickedly*)

Your impatient Fineena

Fineena,

Try doing research on the Famine. Or maybe you could actually come to life and then no more research for me!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:36 am
Dream Deep says...

Dear Dream Deep:

What. The. Bloody. Hell. Are. You. Thinking. God, if I wasn't bleeding all over the place I'd get up right now and break your legs.

Shan

--

Dear Shan...

*winces* Problems?

Dreamy

--

Dream Deep:

You have three seconds to take that back and THINK for just a moment or else I'm getting Livny in here with his saber, you frigging sadist.

Shan

--

Dear Shan:

Ah. That. *flees*

Dreamy

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:14 pm
Gazza_14 says...

(funness)

Dear Great Overseer,
Uh, hello? So one minute I'm a borderline OCD sufferer with a backstory and a stalker, and now i'm in your recycle bin? I think I deserve better than this, if only for my pretty name. Is my stalker going to kill me? Or Am I going to kill him? You've left me all these unanswered questions, which in my opinion as a character, is pretty stupid.
And get rid of the bloody clock!
Love
Lorraine Thellois

Dear Lorriane,
Go suck a lemon.
The Great Overseer
Stop. Look. Jive!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:19 pm
Snoink says...

Dear Authoress,

Well, at least it was funny. Don't you think so?

-- J
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:16 am
Myth says...

To the so-called Eclectic,

When are you going to stick to your promise? Write more of OP, please.

- Monessa

.:

Hello there Monessa!

If your patient then I will, all right?

The Eclectic.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

402 Reviews

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:07 am
Wiggy says...

Wiggy,

Me temper is blazing for the itch to get started! Ah, how grand it would be to finally have my story told! *stares off wistfully into the distance*

Fineena

Sorry Fineena. This bonny lass has something called geometry. Try your pretty little red head at that!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie

Got YWS?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:41 am
Fishr says...

Writer!

I live! Well done, yes, well done bringing me back to life. I enjoyed my role in Pugna Pro Patria thoroughly; I was on center stage.

Now, why-oh-why I shunned in Bound for Glory? My part was less than acceptable.

-Your servent,
Patrick Henry
---

Henry,

*coughs*

Call Bound for Glory ridged historical fiction with a dash of alternative history. You may have visited Boston but history didn't plan your course that way, no it did not. Your future was set the moment you were born, and therefore why not give one legend from the past a second chance? By my fingers I gave you a heart, and so I was able to take a trip into the past once again through you.

He he... 'Tis fun.

-Fishr

PS - Cuthbert will keep you on your toes - Watch out for him!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:07 pm
tinny says...

Dear Tinny

When are you going to come back to us again? When are you going to come back and give us the flesh and life that we deserve? Lorek has simply faded away and I'm sure one of these day's you'll forget all about him. And then all about us. Then the ideas that are fresh in your mind now will be replaced by newer ones till all you know now has crumbled away. With perhaps the exception of Ket, you seem to think about her more than any of us. It's not nice where we are, bits of broken script trip us up and the other day Fir fell down a plot hole. It took us three weeks to get her out. That and the fact that there's dead ideas here. Ones you tried to get rid of, and did. But the shell remains, like a snake skin. Do you think Senice will like it here? She might survive but Mire wouldn't stand a chance.

Please, will you take us back and treat our untold lives with the respect they deserve before we befome fodder for the roaming empty head?

Yours,
Lime
Writing on behalf of all from the land of abandoned stories.

My Dear Lime,

I will come back don't worry, and tell Lorek I have a little notebook with all the things I thought about him in my room safe and sound. I know you're upset, but Senice will join you sooner if I don't keep writing about her.

Lots of love,
Tinny

P.S. If the empty heads try and eat you, start singing out of tune. They can't stand it.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:31 pm
Myth says...

Myth,

I know your other characters call you something else but I can't bother right now. I'm stuck in The Beginning and you decide to stop writing and when you come back I'm flipped to Chapter Two. And then, you being so typical, I'm back where I started.

When are you going to get your act together and just finish up to Chapter Three and I'll be happy. Then I can pester you to move on.

Brenna.

.:

Dear Brenna,

I am sorry about what I do. It's not my fault, I can't write things the way they are meant to appear. I mean, how can I possibly explain what the Road looks like and the forest is the hardest scene to write because of its 'wildness'.

Things are going to be changed and hopefully you won't be stuck anymore.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

402 Reviews

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:07 pm
Wiggy says...

Wiggy,

Your deadline is approaching!!!! *does scary ghost sound* You'd better finish my story! Everyone, especially Dreamy, is anxious to find out what happens to me!

-Anthony Simmons

Yo Tony,

I'm writing more today after school. So there! :D

Wiggy ;)

Got YWS?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:26 pm
Crysi says...

Samantha,

While it is understandable that your current situation is greatly affecting you, use the pain to write more convincingly. I know you understand. Writing will help to shape your emotions, and your emotions will help to shape your writing. Do not pass this opportunity up.

Sincerely yours,

Saphirus

~*~

Saphirus,

Thank you. That truly means a lot to me. I'm not sure anything in my story relates to what I'm currently going through, but I'll find a way to translate it.

Always,

Samantha
Love and Light

I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina