Young Writers Society

letters from your characters

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:48 pm
Firestarter says...

Dear Maker (what is your name, anyway?),

I have been forced to write you this letter in an attempt to force you to complete my life. You have left me hanging at the end of a conversation in the wardroom, wandering whether the Pegasus is cursed or not. Is it? This is driving me crazy.

Yours Faithfully,

Lt. Robert Shaw, of his Britannic Majesty's Royal Navy

Dear Robert,

I have no idea either.

Lots of love,

The Maker (remaining anonymous)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:42 pm
WarthogDemon says...

To WarthogDemon,

The long wait has begun left me with a feeling of apprehension. I am supposed to be a stron and feared demon but if you continue being a weak mortal and if you continue to be unsure of yourself then how am I to prove myself? Just get me out there and I will deal with the rest. Good enough for you?

Signed,
(Anonymous)

[No way am I giving out this character's name just yet.] >_>

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:48 pm
Poor Imp says...

Dear...(who are you again?)

I hope - hope! you know what you're doing. O dear - honestly - it's not amusing, it's not appropriate; it's really quite maddening. Who am I going to tell? How in the world shall I have anyone - ever! - anyone over to supper? Or to tea?

There is a tramp in the kitchen. Yes - you know he's there! Mr. Rapp - he says. It's not good for society, social that is - my life. There's a dead man at the dining table! What will Mr. Martin say? He will notice this, there's no doubt. Dead. On my table.

O dear heavens... I shall be ill.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Gwendolen Martin
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Duskglimmer says...

To my most esteemed Duskykins,

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! I swear, you make me wonder about just how much Glaeseerin is based on you every day! Must you bring me into the picture at all?! Am I really necessary?! Do I do anything more than complicate your plotline to stretch out the length of your story?!

Not that I'm asking to be deleted or anything, but seriously. Can I be more than just the wandering hunk?! Please?! You've already got one of those. Is it my fault that you've already married him off?

Not that I mind being a hunk either. I just, arg. Can you give me some sort of skills? You know, besides being able to make that gorgeous girl over there fall in love with me? Seriously, Dusk. I'm just a random character that you seem to think was a good idea to throw into this melting pot of a story that you've got going here.

I would really just be happy if you would give me something. Anything.

- Jave

Jave,

I'm sorry. I'll dig up some skills that will work into your personality and background immediately. Just don't do anything rash between now and then, kay?

Dusk
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:59 pm
Fishr says...

Dear Fishr,

Did I give you a headache? *smirks* You know very well that I tell the story; my story, and insulting John has left you speechless. The question remains - how are you going to counter it?

-Samuel

Dear Samuel,

If this is some obnoxious way of revenge, then go to hell! I admit, you left me with a minor brain cramp but I'll find a way. Rest assured, I'll find a way, you little punk. *smiles* Besides, I have big plans for you, Sammy. Relish those plans. ;)

-Fishr

Fishr -

Read what you have written. How many of those plans have I destroyed already?

-Samuel

Samuel,

Two words - Bite me. *grins*
*hugs*
-Fishr
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:05 pm
Crysi says...

(*laughs at the above*)

Samantha,

I hope it is now clear to you why I have been forcing you to think about the story. You claimed writer's block, but the answer was right in front of you. Perhaps this will teach you to read your old notes and listen to me more often. As I'm sure you've noticed, I have taken over the story temporarily. You have done well coming to that conclusion on that part of the plot, and I must say I'm slightly impressed by your discovery of the guard captain's subplot. Therefore, I shall aid you by leading you through the rest of the scene. Of course, part of my reasoning is the fact that I'm unsure of your capability to describe my quest accurately, and you and I both know the dangers of failure. I shall return the scene to you after my departure - try not to act so surprised about my brief entrance. Did you really think you could allude to the Dark Dragons, so conveniently set up the situation, and still leave me out? You still have much to learn, Writer.

--Saphirus

Saphirus,

Thank you for your praise and your help! I've been trying - you know that. I couldn't have done it without you. Try not to be too harsh on the little ones, though. I can already see where this is going, and while it's the perfect setup for later on, I hate it right now. By the way, do you REALLY have to kill him? I mean, I know it was the original plan, but he's such a cornerstone for her... The Royal Family will be absolutely devastated! The entire REALM could collapse because of it! Please tell me that's not your goal...

Yours,
~Samantha

Samantha,

You're overreacting once again. Writers should not get too attached to their work for this very reason. I will say nothing further on the topic of the murder until you finish the scene. As for the "little ones," I make no promises.

--Saphirus
Love and Light

365 Reviews

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:58 pm
Fishr says...

Fishr,

For the most part, ye have done a reasonable job of ressurecting my real charactistics, two hundred and eighty years ago. Although, I will comment, I am pondering that tiny fictional flaw you assigned to me. A vibrant trait, that is certain.
-Samuel Adams

Dear Adams,

Hey, what can I say? I'd love to have met ya, from afar of course. So, I tried to keep historic figures as realistic as possible but sometimes that's a little boring, at least for me. There's tons of biographies and record books out there to inform us of the past so why not manipulate history slightly?

However, that little trait of yours keeps interfering with my short stories. Guess I can't complain since I've been working with the great Samuel Adams for nearly five months.

I'm in your head. Fear me!

-Fishr
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:16 am
Poor Imp says...

...I'm sick of you. Get over it.

-Tov

---

To whom it may concern:

I have still, honestly, got a dead man -oh, he says he dead - on my dining table. Goodness, mightn't that be resolved? I don't know if police or perhaps, how can I tell? But - on the dining table!

Please, in the name of whatever it is that matters to you (heavens, it all matter to me!) do something.

-Mrs. Martin
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:44 pm
David Guinness says...

Warm Greetings, you fat imbecile!!!

I hate your guts...although you are quite attractive in the right light... Why did you kill off my whole family?!?! You're wonderful. You're such a sadistic old fart! With great wavy hair....

With sincerest loathing love,

Janice

... :roll: :lol:
David Guinness

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:19 am
Fand says...

Dearest darlingest author:

I have now been sitting in my flat for a full two months - count 'em, two - contemplating whether or not I'm going to trust Master Most-Certainly-Not-A-Thief (whose name, incidentally, you have not yet told me). And, just for your information, it is GETTING BORING. Plus he's just really rather weird. Keeps going on and on about some prophecy and a sword. The monologue that will never, EVER end - unless you get off your arse and do something about it!

Oh, and Weylin really really needs to be put out. He's needed to pee since before the scene began.

Yours,

Addien Braith

-

*Fand runs and hides*

-

Miss I'm-Really-Not-Hiding-Behind-The-Settee-I-Swear,

You suck at this game. And you know I hit harder than you.

Love much,
Addien
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

365 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:01 am
Fishr says...

Fishr,

With pleasure, did you enjoy your visit with me?

-Welcome
---

Fishr -

As a writer, you might be diligent but as a participating member, your best service would have been spitting on my boots and shining them. The trenches dug by you were imploreable. What type of soldier builds a trench a foot and a half deep?

You had your opportunity to visit me and so, be gone!

- Angus

---

Fish

I am glad I had you with me. I am nervous but I helped you with my life. Be kind and take it slow.

-Garrick

---

Guys,

Well, well now. Two of you finally broke out of your shells, and that's great, especially Garrick, who barely talks at all. Angus, you scare me some days; ya creep! And my trenches were awesome you self centered, perfectionist of an asshole that Graced my Great Land of White Pages!

As for you Welcome... *hugs*

To all three of you, the dreams were entertaining. *laughs*

-the perplexed fishr

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:29 am
Joeducktape says...

To You--

Okay I don't rite to much, so Ill make this short.

1. Why cant I cus more? Not fare.

2. Dont trya making me seem rifrafy by saying I have licker. So dos Eli! Check his cabnet!

3. WHATS GONA HAPEN TO ME?!?!?!?! Thay need me! You cant take me away!

4. This hole riting thing needs ficksing! FICKS IT CWEEN NO IT ALL!

-- Adolye Lynt

To Adolye:

Please don't ever write again. Ever. It hurts to read.

1. I have standards, even if you don't. Be good or I'll zap you.

2. You're not rifrafy. Not like you drink all the time. Just on special occa-- wait, he does? Hm....

3.... no comment.

4. I agree. See above. Get Kyra to teach you. Or Akita. They'll fix you up you poor, illiterate soul.

Yours Supremely,

Haley
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:44 pm
Cassandra says...

Cassandra:
How could you leave me here with these foster people? Do you hate me? Is my mom angry? Does Daddy hate me? Did they want me taken away? It really wasn't so bad at home. I'll go back. I was being a little dramatic earlier in the story...it really isn't so bad. Please can I go home?
--Scarlett

Cassandra:
First you go in one direction, then the other. Am I going to have to leave home or what? And how long is my sister going to be away? When can I go and beat my father over the head until blood pours out? And which girl do I get to make out with next?
I expect answers.
--Charlie

Reviews: 2
Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:49 pm
Mamma-Alexandria says...

Alex,

Where are you? You left me alone with a room of wild, harsh eyes and I'm scared to fall asleep. Scared to dream. It happens every night. Again, it's the same dream. It's full of darkness. I'm walking down this never-ending underground tunnel. I can't see anything. I close my eyes and try to hold myself steady, feel the walls...the dirt floor. It feels as if I'm being watched. I want to cry, but I know I can't. Not anymore.

I've written in attempt to find peace and ask you to grant my wish in any way possible even if it means death.

Always,
Elina
Love the life your given. Make it count for all it's worth. Try to see a blessing in everything.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:11 am
Crysi says...

Dearest Samantha,

Congratulations on your evolving subplots and themes. You are doing quite well, and I will do my best to assist you further.

However, I must urge you to continue with Malkin's scene. Perhaps it will give you a bit of stress relief, and then you can contrast it with Crystalia's scene. Make the king's scene brief - it will show his feelings quite accurately, I promise you.

As for Sijaeus, I was always cautious around him. I wouldn't be surprised if he did turn out to be who you think he is.

I would ask how many characters must die in this story, but I am reminded that we are in a war, after all. Kiens will do an excellent job filling in.

Faithfully yours,

Rhynaedus
Love and Light

You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop Spring from coming.
— Pablo Neruda