z

Young Writers Society

letters from your characters

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:29 pm
smaur says...

Something from the Nanowrimo forums.

If your characters could vent at you in letter form, what would they say?

ETA: Poor Imp made a good point. They don't all have to be angry letters, just letters. :)

... an example:

Dear Smaur,

Okay, I get it. I need to stay cooped up in Roman's house for the Greater Good of the Plot.

But for godssakes, why doesn't he have any television? Or the Internet, for that matter? What is he, totally technologically inept? Because I'm a cross-dimensional angel, and I've already figured out how to program the remote/VCR/household pet.

Give me t.v., dammit!
Birch.
Last edited by smaur on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:31 am
Azrael says...

To my very dearest, Azrael,
I have a very simple question, and I would appreciate an appropriate response. Why the hell did you make my life so damn miserable! Why am I like this? Why do I have to be the one who loses his mind, cuts his wrists, has a hot male cousin(who I wish was a girl and not my cousin), and wears stilletos? I'm a guy, a male! Why do I have so many freaking phobias!? And above all, why did you give me shocking-pink hair?! That's really hard on a guy's ego. You suck! I hope you do kill me off so I won't have to take your stupid crap or say the stupid lines in your story. :evil:
Yours ever so truly, with much love,
Astaroth, King of the Netherworld; The Grand Duke of Hell
P.S.
Would you be interested in having tea with me this weekend? It would make me ever so happy and pleased to see you.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:45 pm
Poor Imp says...

Imp:

I hear this is meant to be angry. Well, you know me near enough - I'm a bit too diffident a sort to get absolutely irate. But I do have some comments. Perhaps you can't forget them if they're written down? That's my hope, anyways. Not that you're the sort to forget, of course - only damnably stubbornly purposeful in dodging what doesn't please. And that remark probably makes it your turn to be angry - just think before you write, kindly? It will make it easier on all of us. You see, I think my circumanstances are consistently mad already; I don't expect anything too violently horrific will add plausibilty to the telling.

But on the first note. Do you really know how long someone can last in solitary? God, I'm insane already - a little off, you know? Now, I have to talk to a wall? True, the wall is rarely annoyed. But it doesn't check me either, doesn't turn its head with the dubious quirk of an eyebrow, doesn't remind me the world is revolving around the sun. You see where this is going? I will be a full-blown sociopath by the time I stumble out of all this. I'd rather not be.

Still yes, you must write what is, mustn't you? (Whatever the bloody hell that is - don't ask me. Perspectives are limited in cells.)

Diffidently, I'm angry - true to the very last syllable. But I'm a bit too out of it at the moment to make things clearly fire and brimstone. I'll stare at the wall. You stare at a bit of paper - or the PC screen, and figure this out, won't you?

Solitarily Sincere,

Andrei Vyakhirav

(Nice idea, Smaur...I remember the Nano version well... But do you think it might be simply letters from characters? They can't all be angry, anyhow. Just a thought.)
Last edited by Poor Imp on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:48 pm
Sureal says...

Dear Sureal,

Why are you so sadistic? Do you hate me (and all my fellow characters in Whisper in the Dark)?

- From Tess.

Dear Tess,

Yes.

- From Sureal.
I wrote the above just for you.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:21 pm
Zion says...

Dear Kyril,

I will flay the skin from your flesh and the flesh from your bones and scrape your bones dry. And still you will not have suffered enough.

No love, Lyras

PS-I am not a bisexual. Im str8
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:58 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

*snicker snicker*

Dear CL,

I debated on sending you this, debated even writing it. Here I am wandering even before I begin. Question one, why is my hair green? Does it have to stay green? It's an effin horrible color for hair, and I should know, cause currently, as in right now, my hair is green. Green and hair should not be in the same sentence. Green is for grass, green is for leaves, green is for shrubbery. Green is not for hair. Oh, no, missy, this is just the beginning. First, my hair is green, then you give me him. He is entirely too happy, unemployed, doesn't do a lick of work; to put it nicely he is a mooch. He is not my boyfriend, brother, or other relative, I'm not even sure if I should call him friend. What's more, he sleeps on my couch, and if I wasn't so much of a sloth myself I'd kick him out. I don't know why he stays, other than my free couch, after all my only redeeming quality, according to him, is that I make reasonably good french toast. Bah, and to make matters worse, my parents are, what was your term - pot smoking commune hippies. For the love of all that is good and right in the world why did you name me after a plant?

- Sage (Artemis Eden)
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:58 am
zelithon says...

Dear, Bitch
Why the hell did you stop writing?! I am stuck in the dessert with a bunch of ass clowns! Finish this god dammed story already!
Also you have no logic whatsoever! I am a freak-in adorable kitten who wheres a pink bow and goes to a school for other animals who have special and vague powers. Most of the world here is human but they still treat us like normal kids. Your a freak. Plus you made me evil and bent on taking over the world. MAKE UP YOUR MIND. Why doesn't Mistar Snowman melt? Why is he called Mistar when hes a kid? He beats his dog/rock-star/classmate too. You are so stupid. Another thing you ignoramus choose one goddamed main character! Your trying to write a story equally about 25 main characters, that does not work. You read enough to know that!
Why is Sugar my brother?! You purposely added the guy I would hate most even if he was not related to me, be my constant peppy companion. The other families are the same. What the f_ck is the deal with Zoe Spumoni is she a bus driver, mother of all the dog students, or a country singer? I would write more but Sugar has started to purr and I need to kick him in the place wear a normal cat's balls would be. Wait that's it! He's neutered isn't he? I should have thought of that before.
I hate you, Ass Clown.

Go fuck yourself,
Isis

PS I will set sugar on you.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:04 am
View Likes
Sponson Light says...

Dear Artist,
Why did you stop drawing me?

-Ken'tel
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:02 am
View Likes
Fishr says...

Dear Fishr,

I'm at a loss. The decision is difficult. I do not know whether to congratulate you as my trusted mate for delivering life to me or reload my musket and shoot you square in your forehead. How much suffering am I to endure? How many pressures am I to overcome?

Look at me, dammit! I am barely in my twenties and already graying? Be warned Fishr. You may halt with my story for day or so but I shall always be inside, whispering and complaining. Upon doing so, the rest of us will haunt, scream and poke until you finish the novel. For it's not just me personally; we all have a story to share with you.

I will see YOU tonight in the heart of the Revolution. Mark my words, Fishr. Be prepared tonight. If I'm to suffer, so are you.

Undecided,
Samuel Garrison
Last edited by Fishr on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:19 am
Meshugenah says...

My Dear Meshie. What the hell were you thinking? Even attempting to stick me with that pathetic excuse of a person? Sorry, but I have better taste in guys then you. Sad, really, considering you freakin' created us.. mental case, you are. Now, about this school. Why is it in a forest? There is nothing, I repeate, nothing! to do there. Except figure out how to dump certian overprotective brothers in the river. Speaking of my levely older brother, how can you think he's older than me? Honestly, the boy can barely look after himself; and I refuse to wash any more of his dirty socks. Ever.

Kylie Damon

Mesh-
My dear, why did you give my sister the ability to think for herself? She clearly has no inkling of how more hugely mature I am then her (grammar aside, ta). And I have a right to be over protective, as she ever-so-elequently put it. She's been flirting with Louie for the past month. Sickening, really, to see my best friend reduced to this. And she could do better, no Louie, I'm not writing about you! OK.. where was I.. oh yes. And tell her that she'll keep washing my difrt socks, or I'll have to air some of her laundry on the line, if ya catch my rift.

The less obtrusive Damon,
Kyle.

P.S. Are you some sort of sadistic fool, or something? Kyle and Kylie? Nutter.

erm.. my characters aren't too fond of me as I haven't writte n anything in a long time.. and what I did I wanted to burn. Badly.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:53 am
View Likes
Crayon says...

Dear Crayon,
Whats the deal? we were such good mates, ok so you killed off my sister, well i killed my sister and you made me an evil bitch but i still felt a connection. So when the hell are you going to come to an ending? Pick up a freaken pencil you dick! Seriously right now im in the middle of making the biggest desion of my life and what do you do? leave me hanging! Freaken ass! I know how the bloody story ends but i want to know what happens in between, and just between us I want Sam to burn, shes way to fucken happy!

- Love Emily
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:37 am
Snoink says...

Dear Snoink,

You portrayed me as the wrong type of guy. Period. I mean, really. You make me sound like a lazy son of a b*tch that doesn't know anything. And come on... I have been laid a billion times already. So stop making me like a total loser.

Yours truly (phone number is on back, if you want it),

Roman
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:15 am
deleted6 says...

Dear Fontroy

Do us a favour and stop making more wimp than i am. I want to be finished, i don't want to stuck in a goddamn prision. So finish me and finish the story, and also try to make me a bit braver i'm a total wimp in your story.

Regards Godferry
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:11 pm
Myth says...

(Nice idea)

Dear Doe,

I've been wondering when you're going to get a move on in my story, I'm fed up of waiting for the dreadful Gathering, and I want to start my adventure now! On a kinder note, thank you for allowing Abella to come with me, it was pretty mean what you were going to do to her, its very unfair and I don't want anyone killed off alright?

Wind Rider.

Dear Wind Rider,

I'm sorry to put your story on hold, I was busy with my other novel which is much easier to write since its set in the modern day, but I editted your story and am working on it until the end of Part One.

Doe.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:44 pm
Joeducktape says...

Dear Joe,

What the hell was your mother thinking when she had YOU? You are the most horrible girl I've ever had the displeasure of meeting, and furthermore, a depressing writer! Why the hell did you have to kill my parents?! Huh? I would have no problems if you'd just let me live my happy life at home! And why the f*** do I have to have grays? I'm fifteen! No fifteen year old girl is supposed to have grays! I should be a blonde!
Why on earth would you make me live with such a stubborn, selfish, egotistical guy? Eli is the most frustrating human being in this whole place! I'm just glad you got rid of the kiss between me in him. GAG!
I would rather be erased from your pages completely than have to suffer such a life! You have the most depressing story I have ever read. You EMO!
With much hate,
Kyra Domelain
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren