z

Young Writers Society

Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:15 pm
Lucinda says...

The day started off like it might be okay: the birds were singing, the sun was shining, everything was happy. But it quickly took a turn for the worse. To start off, I lost my favorite purple pen, which totally ruined school because I had to finish all my homework in that boring black pen. And at home, my annoying little brother stole my bra...(etc.)

Continue for fifteen pages before proceeding with real story--probably the main character falling in love with some hot *eighth* grader that she can never be with. xD
The history of the world
My pet
Is learn forgiveness
And try to forget!

-Sweeney Todd

I'm a damsel...
I'm in distress...
I can handle it.
Have a nice day.

-Hercules

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade
Masquerade
Hide your face so the world can never find you.

-The Phantom of the Opera

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:22 am
hero says...

If you're thinking that this is going to be a good story, then you're wrong! It was all a dream, shazam!

Or:

Biggles the rabbit woke up to find himself sitting on a paperclip. Later, after an interesting, really cool scene that I haven't the imagination to write, he stepped over the woman's dead body. Now let me tell you about Biggles's favorite colors...
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Coming at you like a jetpack Shakespeare.

Hero's Reviews
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic53905.html

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:46 pm
Kamas says...

And a big green guy ate my parents and my house and my friends and my dog and worst of all, ate my cellphone.

The End.

*I win at life xD*
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:56 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Nuh, I do:

*insert first line of Twilight here*
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:16 am
Conrad Rice says...

It felt like crap, probably because it was crap, and this realization made him think, "Oh, crap."
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:35 am
anima9 says...

"Hi, I'm George W. Bush."
http://fatedblue.wordpress.com/

FOR PEOPLE WITH LESS THAN 3 REVIEWS: MUST READ

You MUST make a review of at least 3-4 works BEFORE posting your own. Otherwise your works will get unnoticed. So please, upon reading this, REVIEW!

Maintain the ratio of 3:1 meaning 3 reviews per work submitted.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:09 am
Fruits_Basket99Tohru says...

The very short woman with the very fat dog walked down the very long street in the very hot sun and dropped a very heavy book onto the very poorly-built sidewalk and made a very thin leash and hit any children passing by very hard and threw very dry peanuts at the adults passing by and... (this could go on forever as long as someone kept the and's and the very's going...hehe)
"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you."
--Fruits Basket Book 1, page 134

Do you need a review?

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:36 am
hero says...

I never realized how hilarious life was until my mom died.

Although I laughed out loud at the
"Hi, I'm George W. Bush."
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Coming at you like a jetpack Shakespeare.

Hero's Reviews
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic53905.html

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:04 am
Master_Yoda says...

Worst opening line ever = "Hi, my name is Mary and I'm a very pretty girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Otherwise, I guess you could say that I'm average."
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:03 pm
captain.classy says...

He looked at me, and I felt as though he was peering into my soul.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:10 am
Bloo says...

What do you get when you put crap in a toilet, my life is what.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:40 am
PenNPaper says...

Let me think...

There was this guy who wore a piece of underwear and nothing else, he walked down a street. A car came by and knocked the guy onto the floor, the guy was pronounced dead, and I don't even know that guys name.
Writing is all about imagination~

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:54 pm
JustDance says...

Master_Yoda wrote:Worst opening line ever = "Hi, my name is Mary and I'm a very pretty girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Otherwise, I guess you could say that I'm average."

Just so you know, you're awesome xD
You too Classy.
*dies laughing*

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:05 pm
Mo. says...

This came about because I was so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, bored.
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:17 pm
Xirenia says...

Okay, this is the worst opening line I can think of right now. Not only is it bad, but it annoys the hell out of me. It isn't really just one line, but I hope you can forgive me. It's more like an opening paragraph.

My name is Brittney, and my life sucks. Everything is so bad because I can't get a boyfriend, and without one, I'm worthless. I have long blonde hair and brown eyes, but I'm not nearly as pretty as my best friend, Courtney. She gets all the cutest guys, and she's so perfect. I wish I could be like her because then my life would be complete.

I almost died writing that :smt099 *Feels betrayed by her own mind*

Okay, here's an opening line.

John Brown was the regional manager for Kenny Kow milk industries.

I have no idea where that came from, but it's awful :) :smt042
We're young, open flowers in the windy fields of this war-torn world - Mumford & Sons

*surprised scream* Aaaaah, NaNo!
— spottedpebble