z

Young Writers Society

Describe

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:03 am
hekategirl says...

This has been something I have been thinking of for a long time, and wanting to do: describe something ordinary as if you were seeing it for the first time.
Example:

It looked like a silver-toned brick, with holes and indents on the surface. A black and green cord erupted from the side and it was almost weightless. Jacy lifted up the weightless silver brick, pointed it at me, pressed one of the indents and FLASH a bliding light emited from the hole in the front.

Also if you want you can try and guess what the person above you was describing.

So get going!
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:27 am
Areida says...

Kinda sounds like a camera...
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:13 pm
hekategirl says...

It is....but your also sopposed to make up your own....
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:44 am
bubblewrapped says...

It was a collection of strange-coloured leaves, covered with delicate, spidery veins and splotches of colour like birthmarks. He handed them to me carefully, gingerly, as though they were precious, and I stared in bewilderment. What was I supposed to do with them? All I had been taught to do with leaves was to build up the fire, or to apply them to a wound. But when I gestured this to him, he looked shocked. No, he meant for me to keep them.
"Keep them safe." He said. "I'll come back for them one day, but for now, I want you to take them and put them somewhere where no-one but you can find them."
So I did as he bid me, if only to please him. It wasnt until later that I was to realize what they were for...
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:28 pm
Kaggsy says...

I'd say fall leaves.

Kayla picked up the long pink plastic stick with white fuzz all over one end and rubbed it against her gums.
"Ow!" she whimpered, and spat out some blood.
The pink utensil was left forgotten on a cup near a bowl shaped porcelain object with hard metal curve above it.
available

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:50 am
emotion_less says...

A toothbrush.

Only once-empty indents of the ground hold to the substance they contained. First contemplation is to say that either solid aqua shouts existence or its latent being shows only 2D lines surrounding. Yet it seems that the gravel-dirt suspension claims all qualities as its own. And the only way it ends is that the brim of the slight hole tilts this world back in.

The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong, without comment.
— T. H. White