z

Young Writers Society

Character Conversations

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:59 pm
Emma says...

She stares at him, her eyes glistening, her face full of confusion.

"Did I say something wrong?" She asks,

She stays seated in the sand, she crosses her legs and plays with the sand again, but not as playful as she normally would be.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:33 pm
Shadow Knight says...

The young man walks away from the group of people, until he's out of view entirely. He looks around the beach, and starts trudging into the water
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:45 am
Gazza_14 says...

Suddenly, reappearing, Daniel stares mindlessly out at the beautiful clear waters and sighed.
He'd be gone soon.
His feet play with the sand, sketching out initials and then watching the rolling tides wash them away. There's an eerie accuracy to Damien's life.
As subtly as he can manage, he looks at a confused Emma.
They seem to be the only ones left- and she's leaving soon.
He feels so lonely on the beach, as if Emma has already left. The winds cruelly whip his face, and he sweat begins to trickle down his forehead.
In a desperate bid to knock down the wall between the, he blurts out:
'What time is it?"
He suddenly notices the digital watches flashing on his wrist, and erupts into a laughing fit. He hopes Emma will join in.
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:57 pm
Emma says...

She yawns, wondering what he is laughing about, she gives off a chuckle getting the idea that he is okay with her. She shuffles up closer to him and rests her head on him.
"I've never done an all-nighter..." She yawns,

49 Reviews

Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:26 pm
Gazza_14 says...

With Emma resting on his shouldr, Damien smiles.
"I've had to do many," He replies " It's cool though.."
As he waits for a reply, he stares out at the jagged rocks around them, mindlessly watching the waves bounce off them and rolling away once more. . It's a beautiful scene, and Damien appreciates more than he could imagine.
The winds are harsh, but Damien feels comfortable on the beach with Emma, the misery of his ankle long forgetten.
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:01 pm
Emma says...

She laughs,
"Cool? No its not, its tiring. I need sleep! But I suppose it's better when you're around..."
She blushes slightly then smiles, playing with her nails - like she always does when she is overcome with shyness and embarrassment. She licks her lips, she needs a drink... She ignores her thirst and flicks Damien's nose.
"Shh, I felt like it!" She laughs,
It was always her way of fun when things become slightly uncomfortable.

49 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 pm
Gazza_14 says...

He laughs out loud as Emma flicks his nose.
"Yep, we'll get through the night...together!" He exclaims, rasing his hand in triumph.
Emma's gone suddenly red. He wonders why...
"Shall we go for a walk?" He suggests, "It might wake you up."
As they rize lazily he kicks some sand onto her,and playfully pokes his tongue out.
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:23 pm
Emma says...

Damien kicks some sand onto her as she gets up. He then playfully pokes his tongue out at her. She laughs at him, giving off another yawn. She suddenly becomes dizzy and sits back down on the sand again, holding onto her head. Once the dizziness passes, she gives him a weak smile to show that she is okay, then slowly gets back up again.
"I hate it when that happens," She laughs,
She grabs a hold of Damien's arm and starts to walk while holding onto her head.

49 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:17 pm
Gazza_14 says...

Worried as Emma dizzily stumbles along the beach with him, Damien tries his best to balance the rag doll in his arms.
"Are you sure you're ok?" He asks, confused.
She mumbles something.
"Should I call someone?" He shouts in her ear, as if she were deaf.
Squinting, he sees the figures above them on the cliff. He looks from Emma's pale face to the long, jagged rocks that leads him to them.
"Emma?"
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:42 pm
Emma says...

He shouts in her ear, not wanting this noise she pushes Damien's face away, causing him to stumble from the force. She turns round - ready to shout at him. She sees him holding onto his nose,
"Oh! I'm sorry, I just hate people worrying about me!" She gasps,
She walks up even closer to him, taking is hand away from his face and checks for any damage.
"Sorry..." She sighs,

49 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:48 pm
Gazza_14 says...

Stumbling backwards, Damien's mouth springs open in shock.
He stares at the agitated Emma before him, her face weak and pale but her eyes burning fiercely. He's seen a new side to Emma, one he'd rather forget.
His nose throbs with pain. He stares at her, desperately trying for his eyes not to reflect the sadness he now feels.
He knows it was sbontanous, but then...almost doesn't.
For a moment they stare at each other, then Damien turns away.
"Perhaps I should be going, " He snaps, and his eyes scan the beach for the notebook he threw to the wind earlier.
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:58 pm
Emma says...

"Fine!" She shouts, "But I did say sorry!"
She watches him scan the beach. She couldn't believe him, the cheek he has. She's too tired for all this, maybe she should just go home. What about he mum? She will kill her once she finds out what she has been up to. If she does go home, she will be grounded for the rest of her life... PLUS she will probably never get to see Damien again.

49 Reviews

Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:44 pm
Gazza_14 says...

Damien hears Emma's shouting behind him. The cheek..
His eyes try to look at the sky above, but they only slyly wander back to the disgruntled Emma, who is pouting behind him.
He wants to laugh at her- but knows its not wise.
She's probably ready to trudge off to her home, he thinks miserably, And now I'm all alone, Emma's gone for good...
He turns to her.
"Look, if we're both mad," He says, his eyes unable to meet hers "Lets just apoligise and then go for a walk?"
He attempts a smile, and extends his hand to Emma's.
"Agreed?"
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:34 pm
Emma says...

She smiles while kicking the sand about. At least he doesn’t hate her. This normally happens after about two hours of spending time with a girl like her. She yawns sleepily, rubbing her eyes. She sees him extend a hand – ignoring it; she pulls him in for a hug.
“You’re nice and warm and comfy like a pillow!” She laughs,

49 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:43 am
Gazza_14 says...

Emma suddenly jerks him towards her.
“You’re nice and warm and comfy like a pillow!” She laughs,.
He laughs with her. They're friends again. Good friends.
"So, are you taking my offer for a walk?" He says, staring thoughtfully out at sea.
Stop. Look. Jive!

The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed...
— Charlotte Bronte