Young Writers Society

Character Conversations

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:21 pm
Emma says...

She looks into his, smiling.

"Not tell the police? You gotta be kidding! I MUST!" She says,

His face falls, she laughs, shaking her head. Like she would do such a thing, her mind wandered, what could he have done, why would he run away from his home and end up here? Where was he really from...?

"No, don't worry, I won't - I'm not that kind of person. At least you have the guts! So where are you actually from?" She asks, "are you really called Damien? Are you really 14?"

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:28 pm
Gazza_14 says...

He feels his whole body relax and does his first genuine smile of the evening.
"Yes, I am Damien, and I am 14," He says through a beaming smile.
He really likes Emma. She's the only one who'd made the effort to speak to him, and he feels so relaxed around her.
"I." He bgins but is cut short.
His foot is tangeled in a pile of seaweed and he twists it akwardy. He releases a yelp of pain before collapsing into the sand,which chokes him and fills his mouth.
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:40 pm
Emma says...

She screams, as he falls. She gives a small chuckle and tries to help him up, hammering him hard on his back trying to get him to stop chocking on the sand,

"are you alright?" She asks, once she is down hitting him on the back,

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:37 pm
Areida says...

Ivy nods as Ari pulls her to her feet.

"Nah, I'm up for it. As long as I don't break a bone or something I'll be fine. You coming, Joshua?"
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

49 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:09 pm
Gazza_14 says...

Damien looks around him, everything is so hazy. A blurry Emma hangs over him, he picks up her worried expression.
Finally, a lump of sand flies from his throat and he begins breathing again.
"My leg," He groans, "I think I've twisted something. Get help..'
His voice trails off. He feels so very dizzy. The world is spinning around him- it's all he can do to stop himself from vomiting on Emma.
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:36 pm
Emma says...

She panics, she knows nothing about 'first aid' what do you do to something with a sprained ankle?

"I'll be back in a minute!" She says quickly,

She runs up to Ivy and Ari,

"Hey! That Damien guy just erm.. I... He sprained his ankle! Can you help me?" She asks them,

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:30 pm
sabradan says...

Ari turns and with an apologetical smile on his face, says, "sure, where is he?" Emma and Ari took of at a quick job, Ivy behind them.
Ari came up to the Damien boy and asked him "Okay, freind, where does it hurt?" Damien points to his lower leg and ankle.
Ari examined the wound and sai,"mmm hmmm....well, its definately sprained..." He reached into his pocket and grabbed some gauze. He quickly wrapped his ankle and lower leg in a splint. He helped Damien to his feet, and asked him
"Are you okay now" but instead of waiting for a reply really, he just said to both Emma and Damien. "Make sure he stays off of it, or it wont heal. I wish I had crutches I could give him. Just try to have him walk on it as little as possible"
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

49 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:36 pm
Gazza_14 says...

"Thanks," Damien says, rubbing his ankle sympathetically. "I'm really grateful for that."
He turns with a cheeky smile to Emma.
"So much for our walk," He laughs "The best I can do now is crawl"
His laugh hurts his throat, he really needs some water
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:13 pm
Emma says...

"I'd give you a fireman's lift but I'm too weak!" She laughs,

She takes a seat in the sand, looking at the small waves in the sea, crashing down onto the soft, white sand - then fading away, only to come back again with another of its waves. She looks at Damien and pats on the ground,

"Come sit down, give your ankle a rest!" She says,

49 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:06 pm
Gazza_14 says...

Sitting next to Emma, he watches as the others begin to leave.
"Oh great," He turns to Emma "We're alone, and I haven't a clue where we are!"
He sighs.
"It's sleeping under the stars for me, " He attempts a joke but his smile is too weak.
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:12 pm
Emma says...

Emma looks at him, with a blank expression,

"Are you.. Are you angry at me? We can go.. I can try and help you to follow the others..." She says,

She takes off her converses, showing off her bright yellow and green striped socks. She gives her shoes a shake - Sand pours out of them. She wiggles her toes then puts her converses back on - Not even daring to look anywhere else, she keeps her eyes focused on her shoe laces.

49 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:15 pm
Gazza_14 says...

No, no no!" Damien cries, distraught "I wasn't angry..just annoyed."
He feels really guilty.
"Look, ignore what I say, " He says miserably "I'm just an idiot anyway."
He clambers to his feet.
"Why don't we go somehere else," He suggests, his foot aching " I actually find walking relaxing."
Stop. Look. Jive!

683 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:27 pm
Emma says...

Emma sighs, shaking her head slightly,

"Nah, you're not an idiot, come on - lets catch up with the others... That's if you can manage it." She says,

She starts to walk, a smile spreads across her face,

"You're pretty cool actually, at least your not trying to flirt with me, like some guys your age." she laughs,

She takes a hold of his wrist, so she could help him walk, and to stop him tripping on seaweed.

49 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:31 pm
Gazza_14 says...

The akwardness between him and Emma arises again.
He chooses not to attempt to break it, and listen to the waves crashing aginst the rocks.
Emma holds onto his wrist, probably worrying that he'll fall again.
He smiles at her (although she can't see it) and breathes the deep sea air.
Life is good...
Stop. Look. Jive!

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:00 pm
sabradan says...

Once Ari patched up Damien's leg, he continued to lead Ivy to the place he wanted to show her.
"We have to hurry, or we'll miss it," he kept saying, as he helped her along in her half drunken state. They came to a small bluff of white rocks, and he helped her climb to the top.
"Almost there," he said.
Finally, they came to the other side, where they had a perfect view of the entire city, as well as the entire Gulf of Eilat and also the Red Sea. The sun was begining to creep over the horizon, illuminating everything with a reddish golden hue over the desert coast city.
"This," he began, with a hint of importance in his voice, "Is the best view in Eilat. Enjoy it. I brought my girlfreind here once, but she said it was overrated."
Ari sat back, and dangled his feet over the edge of the bluff, watching the sunrise.
"Its views like this that make me remember why I love this country so much," Ari said.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.
— Pablo Neruda