z

Young Writers Society

Writing Exercise

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:07 am
SpurYourImagination says...

A cool way to overcome writer's block is to go to www.google.com. Click where it says "Images" at the top. Type in a random word and hit enter. This will pull up a bunch of different images. Pick one of the images to write about. Start your timer for 1 minute and begin writing nonstop. No matter what you do, do not stop writing. This is a good exercise to free your mind from whatever it's worrying about and get into a more creative state. Enjoy :)
http://spur-your-imagination.blogspot.com
Spur Your Imagination--A source of ideas

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:03 am
Emozemo says...

Hey thanks a lot.That was really Nice activity to do. But you got this idea?
Hold My Hands..Let's Remember What We Share..
Understand That I know..
You Really Care..
Did You Ever Think of Me ..
As BEST FRIEND..

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:58 pm
niccy_v says...

I've thought of that. After typing the last word of my vamp novel i kind of ground to a halt - halfway through nano. So i went back and edited and then for 2 weeks after Nano i had HUGE writers block.

I did your google suggestion so now i have about 10 different beginnings to stories that are nothing but horrible! Ha it was fun... definitely beat writers block because the 11th i wrote about is now my current 'in progress'

I do contests when i am writers block. Even expired ones. The expired ones are great because i can just write and not care how horrible and disgusting it is. :P
Writing gives my life purpose

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy