You know you're a writer when...

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:11 pm
View Likes
CastlesInTheSky says...

You know you're a writer when

you wake up in the morning and all you can think about is writing,

even in the most horrible situations, you're mulling over how you would best write them out,

you mentally re-write chapters you read in books,

when online, you have to type out every sentence using perfect grammar and scold your friends for using chatspeak,

slowly your social life is dissolving,

when you actually have a muse. And name her. And name her something like Vivian.

You continue!
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:42 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

You know you're a writer when you hold conversations with people who aren't there, you spend all night writing their story, and you can't wait to do it again. (whoah, long sentence)

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:49 pm
View Likes
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

haha, all that is so true.

You know you're a writer when life is one big storybook and you constantly narrate it in your head.

I did that for YEARS, and it got really old though so I finally trained myself to stop, but I still do it sometimes. :]
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

202 Reviews

Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:19 pm
View Likes
CastlesInTheSky says...

Haha :] I'm constantly narrating every event in my life. Even when I'm having the most horrendous, heart-wrenching argument with my Mum over why she's ruining my life, at the same time I'm thinking, "She approached towards me, her eyes bloodshot, broken words spilling out of her mouth." It takes all seriousness out of a situation.
Anyone think of any more? I might decide to compile them into a blog list or something.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:29 pm
View Likes
happy-go-lucky says...

You know you're a writer when every song you listen to you can relate to a story or character.

That one drives me nuts :P
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"
- Oscar Wilde

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:46 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

Castles wrote:You know you're a writer when...

even in the most horrible situations, you're mulling over how you would best write them out

^ So true. ^_^

You know you're a writer when you analyse your speech to see whether it would make realistic dialogue.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:35 pm
View Likes
Angel of Death says...

You know you're a writer when every word comes like a heartbeat
When every voice and thought of your characters become your own
When ever ink mark or erasing is like the blood coursing through your veins. Forever.
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

202 Reviews

Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:26 pm
View Likes
CastlesInTheSky says...

You know you're a writer when you analyse your speech to see whether it would make realistic dialogue.

^ Haha. :] That made me laughoutloud, I can totally relate to it.

When ever ink mark or erasing is like the blood coursing through your veins. Forever.

^ Utter truth.

Oh; me got some more. :D

You know you're a writer when:

--you mentally correct anything you read subconsciously with better words and phrasing.
--you end sentences with 'for lack of a better word.' and people look at you weird and say that they don't know what the original word meant in the first place
--you make up alternative endings for books you've read, movies you've watched, and about every other story out there
--you are known as "the girl/boy who read books during recess" by those you knew in second grade.

Heh.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:18 am
View Likes
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

you know you're a writer when sad movies make you want to write.

thats how it is for me.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:58 am
View Likes
Fishr says...

You know you’re a writer when:

You’re dependant on music ninety-nine percent of the time to write anything (like I’m doing now. Sad, really).

You’re chatting on a messenger service i.e. Yahoo, and you usually take a considerable amount of time on some occasions to respond because you want to make sure the words you’ve chosen sound articulate and just amazing. Thus, the person you’re talking too assumed that they’ve might have scared you off. (True story).

When chatting on a messenger service, when your friend uses all lowercase letters, chat speak, poor grammar or can’t even have the common curtisy to use periods, you do one of the following:
*Twitch
*Get frustrated, angry, annoyed, perturbed, confused and/or wish you had the opportunity to stab them with a sharp object
*Actually scold them
*Ignore the errors for now; kill them later – in person
*Offer to tutor your this person in their atrocious literary skills but the offer is sincere so you’re able to ensnare them
*All of the above

After spending three or more hours writing, you physically have trouble sleeping and cannot wait until morning. In fact, you’re so into the story, you forsake sleep anyway, and continue even though you’d much rather prefer to drop dead.

You’re dependant on Microsoft Word

No E-mail or written letter is ever short. In fact, they’re so long and lengthy, you find yourself constantly apologizing about the enormous amount of pages like you committed a great sort of crime.

After you’ve finished said E-mail or letter, by habit, you edit everything before clicking Send.

Your vocabulary has improved by leaps and bounds.

Your vocabulary is so good, you’re friends think you’re an absolute nerd.

You indeed love your new and improved vocabulary and choose to flaunt it every chance you get.

You obsess over details. Doesn’t matter if it’s one word or if the sky would actually be blue?

Characters become your very best friend – and they’re not even alive!
When you counter and literally argue that said characters are indeed alive. Just because someone can’t see anything, doesn’t mean they’re not there.

You’ve gone so far as to see how your characters would respond to their natural environments; you’ve subjected yourself to the freezing cold (or any outstanding natural element). (Again, true story).

Good friends accept the fact when you’re mumbling to yourself it’s the norm.

You use dictionary.com extensively.

You’ve drunk coffee and/or some other high caffeinated product to keep yourself awake in the name of writing mumbo jumbo.

It’s 4:30 A.M., and you’re still writing.

You’re so tired, yet you’ve chosen to substitute coherency and write from the subconscious mind.

You’ve spend twenty minutes writing this activity – for fun!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

202 Reviews

Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:39 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Your vocabulary is so good, you’re friends think you’re an absolute nerd. You indeed love your new and improved vocabulary and choose to flaunt it every chance you get.

Characters become your very best friend – and they’re not even alive!
When you counter and literally argue that said characters are indeed alive. Just because someone can’t see anything, doesn’t mean they’re not there.

^ ^ Hahaha. (: Made me laugh so much.
Ye speaketh truth, my friend.

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:54 pm
View Likes
savingewoks says...

Samuel Garrison wrote:
No E-mail or written letter is ever short. In fact, they’re so long and lengthy, you find yourself constantly apologizing about the enormous amount of pages like you committed a great sort of crime.

Story of my life, friend.

You know you're a writer when you spend time trying to figure out how to turn your friends into characters.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 pm
View Likes
Blink says...

So, I'm not alone. I agree with them all :)

*blah/blah blah-blah*

... when you start having arguments with characters you have a permanent writer's block with.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:34 pm
View Likes
time_fox says...

You know your a writer when you can be given some random topics and make them into a song, story, etc...

You know your a writer when you get caught in class writing something you have been working on for awhile.

You know your a writer when you can take a simple thing and write it into something totally different without losing its meaning.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:20 am
View Likes
alwaysawriter says...

You’re dependant on music ninety-nine percent of the time to write anything (like I’m doing now. Sad, really).

You’re chatting on a messenger service i.e. Yahoo, and you usually take a considerable amount of time on some occasions to respond because you want to make sure the words you’ve chosen sound articulate and just amazing. Thus, the person you’re talking too assumed that they’ve might have scared you off.
That's totally me right there. Thankfully, I type fast.

*raises hand*

It’s 4:30 A.M., and you’re still writing.
*Nods* I'm guilty of this one too.

--you mentally correct anything you read subconsciously with better words and phrasing.
--you are known as "the girl/boy who read books during recess" by those you knew in second grade.
*Nods again*

You know you're a writer when life is one big storybook and you constantly narrate it in your head.
I do this a lot. In my head, I'll say something like "Kat wondered why they were staring at her but was too scared to go ask what their problem was."

you mentally re-write chapters you read in books,
Way too often for me.

slowly your social life is dissolving,
I never really had one in the first place...

You know you're a writer when you hear random parts of conversations and think "Huh, I wonder what I could turn this into."

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help