z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:41 am
View Likes
Nargles says...

You know you're a writer when you go straight to the bookshop when at the shops instead of a clothes store.

You know you're a writer when you get money from your friends and you cry out with joy because you can buy more books, and your friends look at you strangely.

You know you're a writer when you loss your notebook for two days and get really upset because you have so many ideas that you can't write down.
Don't let the Nargles bite.
And don't let a dementor kiss you good night.

It's a charm actually. It keeps away the Nargles- Luna

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:45 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

You know you're a writer (/Mangaka ^^'') when you stay up till 6 in the morning finishing your story pages

You know you're a writer when you can look at a single random sentance anf make a whole story out of it

You know you're a writer when you can take a stupid movie/show (Sky Dancers. Don't ask, it was an absolute crapy show that I watched with my siblings to make fun of it ^^'') and get a story idea out of it that becomes one of your best ^^

You know you're a writer when you are at physical therapy and are sketching/writing while waiting to start ^u^

You know you're a writer when after physical therapy, you stay an extra 15 min. to finish your sketch/writing ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:19 pm
View Likes
TheDayBeforeTomorrow says...

You know you're a writer when your mother's brain works somewhat like this: 'Typing rapidly late at night and not paying attention to anything else? I hope she shows me the story before it gets published in some magazine.'
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

People are made of places. They carry with them
hints of jungles or mountains, a tropic grace
or the cool eyes of sea-gazers. -EB

Love thy mangoes or die.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:58 pm
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

You know your a writer when you start believing the worlds in your head are real.

You know your a writer when you make a story out of everything you see.

I suffer a lot from that last one. I've come up with like thirty(thats only counting the ones I can remember) story ideas in the past seven months.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

Reviews: 4
Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:56 pm
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

You know you're a writer when you read your characters' dialogue out loud (and respond to it) as if the characters are actually in the room with you.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

28 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:14 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

You know you're a writer when you go to the library check out with one book in hand and the check out woman says "What the? Is it the apocolypse? You only have one?" then you say, "Oh! Sorry. . ." then put your bag full of books on the counter and say "These are the rest ^^ There was no room left for this book" ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:54 am
View Likes
Nook says...

You know you're a writer when you refuse to read poorly-written books, even when they're the biggest craze in the "bookworm world".
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:38 am
View Likes
OokamiKitsune says...

You know your a writer when you get super emotional when one of your characters is suppose to die. :( Also when you are constantly looking at people with the though 'My character should wear clothes like that' or 'Maybe this building could work for the secret base.'

I had to write a death scene for my favorite character and I had to have someone else prof read it cause it made me almost cry! :smt010
Every hello is the prologue to the knowing farewell, so make as many stories as you can:)

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 am
View Likes
OokamiKitsune says...

WritingWolf wrote:You know your a writer when you start believing the worlds in your head are real.

I started doing that, I like to think about it when I dream its a lot of fun.
Every hello is the prologue to the knowing farewell, so make as many stories as you can:)

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:49 pm
View Likes
Vanz says...

You know you're an writer when... People think you are copying Stephen King when you are randomly thinking up a story in chat.

(Best compliment I've got so far :mrgreen: )

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:55 pm
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

You know you're a writer when you start dreaming about your characters, and the dreams are so accurate that you decide to include them in the story (see the captain's dinner in Sea Sharp). I think it's been at least a month since I had a dream that didn't involve my characters.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:35 pm
View Likes
Twinkle4ever says...

You know you're a writer when your imagination takes you so far wide that you can see the story you're about to write, inside your mind like a movie clip that's so clear that you don't need to come up with the descriptions, they're already there, waiting for you to jot them down.

You know you're a writer when it's been like a whole year or even more since you've registered in YWS and you've been pretty active on it too. =P
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

28 Reviews

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:42 am
View Likes
KatKage says...

You know you're a writer when your characters take on a life of their own. ^^

You know you're a writer when you feel the need to show everyone the beautiful worlds that keep playing over and over in your head. ^^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

28 Reviews

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:44 am
View Likes
KatKage says...

You know you're a writer when the people on this site know your name well ^^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:57 am
View Likes
BrooklynWriter says...

... Writer's Block is a disease too you, the equivalent of larengitis.

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott