You know you're a writer when...

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:56 pm
Blink says...

Ah, Gahks, perfection is corruption.

Dang. You're right.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:26 am
View Likes
LilyJamey says...

You know you're a writer when your mum yells at you for reading and writing too much.
For some people, their parents would be ecstatic, but noooo...
Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:15 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when what you want to relieve boredom is a pad of paper and a writing instrument.

You know you're a writer when you plan on putting a small notebook and writing instrument in every pocket that will hold one to make sure boredom never happens.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

58 Reviews

Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:38 pm
View Likes
LilyJamey says...

You know you're a writer when you bring notepads and writing instruments on every vacation, even on one day trips to the mall. Just in case.

I am soo guilty. I even bring my writing book when I go to camp. As in the tent-pitching, gadjet-making camp. And I cram it into my handbag. Figures.
Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you're about to pass out from pain and think: at least I know how that feels now for my writing.

Yeah, I almost did pass out from pain recently, and I really did think that. :oops:

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:36 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:You know you're a writer when you're about to pass out from pain and think: at least I know how that feels now for my writing.

Yeah, I almost did pass out from pain recently, and I really did think that. :oops:

Yeah me too!
I almost passed out in choir once two years ago, and I wasn't even like. OMG, I hate this. I was kinda glad it happened because now I know what it feels like. haha.
We're an odd bunch huh?
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

1272 Reviews

Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:52 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you have turned your room into an "office" with books, a computer and a storyboard.

Yes, I'm about to put in a giant notepad in my room to use as a storyboard!

58 Reviews

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:55 pm
View Likes
LilyJamey says...

I almost passed out in choir once two years ago, and I wasn't even like. OMG, I hate this. I was kinda glad it happened because now I know what it feels like. haha.

So agreed. I almost passed out during choir practice too, only 3 years ago. I was like.. cool.

You know you're a writer when you tell a joke like this: I saw a bear one day. It was one of those sunny days, when you just wish you could drink up the loveliness of the light. The ....

You know you're a writer when, while you read the owner's manual for your oven, you remark "Hah! They misspelled it!" every few seconds.
Got YWS?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:23 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:You know you're a writer when you have turned your room into an "office" with books, a computer and a storyboard.

Yes, I'm about to put in a giant notepad in my room to use as a storyboard!

Oh, that is such a great idea! *runs off to make a storyboard*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:51 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

You know you're a writer when, while you read the owner's manual for your oven, you remark "Hah! They misspelled it!" every few seconds.

That sounds frighteningly familiar. :wink:
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:26 pm
JosephDean says...

(100th reply to this thread here. oh yes. :D)

You know you're a writer when you can pick out various story ideas from catching the ends of sentences of random conversations in the school hallways.

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 pm
Gahks says...

You know you're a writer when you write a poem to get revenge on your literature teacher who insulted you. (I did!)
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:56 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

You know you're a writer when you have a little notebook to write down all the ideas you have.
You also know it when you have three of those notebooks, one for your room, your coat pocket, and your purse.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:08 am
Poppy Mare says...

LilyJamey wrote:You know you're a writer when your mum yells at you for reading and writing too much.
For some people, their parents would be ecstatic, but noooo...

I have the same problem! My mom thinks I'm becoming a Satan worshiper because of all the Vampire books I read... xD

You know you're a writer when you just listen to one song over and over again, just to come up with a story.
I want to do many, many things with my life, but I'm way too scared to really say. Writing, I guess is a way of being able to so all the things I want and not worry about being hurt.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:30 am
peanut19 says...

You know your a writer when your literature teacher yells at you everyday to put up your notebook and gives you funny looks when you talk about the contents of your notebook with your friend who is also getting yelled at.
Yep that's Cat_910 and I everyday.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
— Mark Twain