z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:27 pm
View Likes
Sheik says...

You know you're a writer when you suddenly become inspired because of the lovely weather and you decide to write all day instead of helping with the Saturday chores. . . . .*innocent*

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:45 pm
View Likes
Livinginfantasy says...

springrain2693 wrote:You know you're a writer when you tell people out of the blue; "Oh! I just came up with the most awesome plot line!"

This is what I'm most guilty of! :lol:

You know you're a writer when after hearing a song, you run around the house acting out a scene you made up while listening to it.
I'm guilty

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:23 pm
View Likes
CastlesInTheSky says...

You know you're a writer when:

When any time anyone speaks, you add a mental description. ("She said while stroking her head thoughtfully.")

You find yourself speaking in your writing style. ("Yes, Mrs. Smith, I did complete the assignment, however, I found numbers 7 and 12 quite difficult, to say the least.")

Your parents are constantly urging to to develop some other hobby than what they call, "sitting typing away on that darnded laptop all day long."
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:27 pm
View Likes
CastlesInTheSky says...

Couldn't resist some more...

You know you're a writer when you've never had a boyfriend in real life, but in the world of fiction you are very taken.

You type full words with proper grammar faster than your friends replying in chatspeak.

You refuse to throw away old notebooks because of little phrases or things you wrote on the margin of the page concerning a story you were plotting at the time

x
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:34 pm
Leapy says...

CastlesInTheSky wrote:You know you're a writer when:

When any time anyone speaks, you add a mental description. ("She said while stroking her head thoughtfully.")

I am sooo guilty of that one. lol.

Hmm... You know your a wrister when instead of watching a brand new movie that you've been dying to see premieres on TV, you still have to sit at the computer and write that last page...

You know your a writer when you argue that you can see the TV just fine from the computer chair across the room.

You know your a writer when the thought of not being able to write atleast a tiny bit a day irritates you to the point of anger...

Im guilty of all of them... I think I have a problem.. anyone have a cure? ^_^
~*Don't Tear Me Down*~

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Juniper says...

You know you're a writer when your eyelids get heavy and your stomach rumbles, but you just can't muster up the... courage? to pull yourself away from those last few words.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:44 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Guilty of almost all of them. I think we need lives.

You know your a writer when:

You find yourself looking up tyrants, sirrial killers and mobsters to get your villans just right.

You'll listen to a song and come up with three plots for it.

Your "boyfriend" is your heroine's love interest (Very, very guilty).

You look at people on the bus, the mall or wherever and try to discribe what you see.

Ye start to speak like Shakespeare.

You'll look up anything and everything about your favourite author just to see how They do it.

You'll watch a TV show just to get insite for a character (I watched the Ten Comandments of the Mafia for this reason)

You own over 12 writing books (I have over 20....)

Your referance library is almost as big if not bigger then you're local library referance section. (Or your school library's)

You know your characters better then you know yourself.

The clock reads 1 AM, then 2 AM, then 3 AM (ad infinutm)..... and you've been going since 7 PM.

You'll speak in Latin because it's got the best phrases to say something (*coughlookabovecough*).

You'll get asked Huh everywhere because you've packed so much information into once sentence it takes three to explain it.

You use semicolons, colons, interupter commas and every other obscure grammar rule to pack as much info as possible into a sentence.

Mythbusters is a reference to get the science right.

You type "Write" instead of "Right." (I almost just did that.....)

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:22 am
KailaMarie says...

You know you're a writer when you're having a conversation with someone and you somehow weave a story into said conversation becuse of boredom. (very guilty)
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:35 am
View Likes
Bleeding Rose says...

You know your a writer when you just can't get that one little phrase, that one of your characters say, out of your head because it is just so awesome

You know your a writer when you get angry when someone says something about someone that has the same name as one of your characters

You know your a writer when you sit in class and instead of doodling you write down random sayings that you just made up(Very guilty! I do this everyday!)

You know your a writer when you cry at scenes that you haven't even written down yet.

You know your a writer when you just can't get the book out of your head

(I couldn't resist this one!)

You know your a writer when your a writer.
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:56 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Nice thread, Sarah! (Sorry, gyrfalcon, for saying it like that.)

You know you're a writer when you...

...talk with yourself as if you were a character talking to another character. You know. "'What are you doing?' 'Making a sandwich for breakfast.'" And so on.

...have this piece of dialogue stuck in your head and are not sure where you have heard it before. Then you realize you made it up yourself, and go write that down in that notebook of yours that's full of notes like this.

...have a pile of dictionaries next to the computer.

...can't express yourself in your native language, which is of course Finnish, and explain things to your mother with English expressions like "over the top" or something like that. "Se oli niinku niin over the top." ["It was like so over the top."] (Maybe this one should go under the title "You know you're obsessed with YWS" or "You know you read too much in English".)

...write down the description of the middle-aged lady who sits next to you in train. She has this clearly dyed red-brown auntie hair and glasses that were fashionable back in the sixties, and after she has talked really loudly on her cell phone in Swedish, she starts to munch a chocolate bar with a sly "I'm not sharing" look on her face. Oh yeah. That was fun.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:10 pm
Rosendorn says...

Demeter wrote:You know you're a writer when you...

...have a pile of dictionaries next to the computer.

Guilty.

You know you're a writer when everything gives you a new idea for a plot element.

You know your a writer when your a writer.

I love that one!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:21 pm
View Likes
Bleeding Rose says...

You know that you are a writer when your boyfriend says something absolutely dreamy and you scream at him for a pen and paper.

You know your a writer when you have to pee, you can't do it without describing every move and every sound...haha!

You know your a writer when someone says a word wrong you get angry and correct them.

You know your a writer when you just can't get a story out of your head that you plan to be one paragraph and once you write it down it turns out to be like ten pages.

You know your a writer when you describe everything you see.

You know your a writer when you just can't get a scene out of your head and when you write it down, you read it over and over and over and over.....and over!

That's all for now!
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:07 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

You know you're a writer when you read a really good book and get jealous.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:43 am
View Likes
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Oh! And you know you're a writer when you start to use the phrase "For the love of NaNo."
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:17 pm
View Likes
syd552 says...

you know your a writer when you LIKE to do school essays and papers....
"Friends are like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only get get the warm feeling it brings (:"

“It doesn’t matter what you are, it only matters what you do. It’s your choice.”
— Sam Winchester