z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:52 pm
.:Elf:. says...

wolf4 wrote:You know you're a writer when real guys don't appeal to you anymore. Only the hot, fictional characters you create make you swoon.

So guilty of this one.

You know you're a writer when you are the first person people ask for a pen, because they know you all ways have one with you.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:21 pm
MagnusBane says...

You start planning your Nano in April.

Your friends hate November, because you flip flop from "Yay! I'm ahead of schedule on my NaNo!" to "My plot sucks! I'm the worst writer ever!", sometimes in a matter of hours.

You suddenly dive for a piece of paper in the middle of your English teacher's lecture, and all he does is sigh and say "Plot bunnies strike again?"
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:47 pm
Lucinda says...

You have resorted to writing down key plot points on your arms, hands, feet, etc. for lack of something else to write on.

You never forgive your parents for your easy childhood. (Aha, joking there. ;D Silly ol' writer cliches.)

You occasionally are tempted to go through and *edit* your least favorite book.

You are sure you're able to recommend any type of person any type of book.
The history of the world
My pet
Is learn forgiveness
And try to forget!

-Sweeney Todd

I'm a damsel...
I'm in distress...
I can handle it.
Have a nice day.

-Hercules

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade
Masquerade
Hide your face so the world can never find you.

-The Phantom of the Opera

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when "infodump" is a verb, noun, adjective, and adverb.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:14 pm
.:Elf:. says...

You know you're a writer when you have a 'printer friendly' version of your work.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:24 am
airbear320 says...

Finally! People who get me! :D

You know you're a writer when you can write a 1,000 word essay without blinking an eye.
"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:36 am
liz_isle says...

You know you're a writer when you wake up in the morning and your draft is lying near your head on the bed. with a thought "didnt know i've fallen asleep..."

happen to me lots of time...
MISS WEDNESDAY

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:27 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you have a book on writing in your bookbag to read on the bus.

You know you're a writer when you have more leisure books in your bookbag than textbooks.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:45 pm
Lucinda says...

You meet another writer at a party and can't talk about anything else for the rest of the night.
The history of the world
My pet
Is learn forgiveness
And try to forget!

-Sweeney Todd

I'm a damsel...
I'm in distress...
I can handle it.
Have a nice day.

-Hercules

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade
Masquerade
Hide your face so the world can never find you.

-The Phantom of the Opera

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:51 pm
AquaMarine says...

You know you're a writer when all you've said in the last 5 minutes is "Oh my God! That's so true!"

And if u rd ths sentnce nd almst hve a hrt attck MEGA LOLZ
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:55 pm
MagnusBane says...

You know you're a writer when your English teacher asks you for advice on something he's writing.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:40 am
asxz says...

You know you're a writer when you constantly feel the need to re-write your friend's (She says she's 'better' at english than you, but she's so stubborn that you give up trying to tell her that your story won a competition when hers didn't...)story's, and then, upon reading them, she admits that your re-write is better.
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:03 am
Andie says...

ha ha
You know you're a writer when you analyze a conversation you had with a friend to try and make the dialogue more natural. . . and then use it in a story . . .
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
David Herbert Lawrence

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:50 am
asxz says...

You know you're a writer when you want to drop English because you don't learn anything, and your teacher gives you detentions because you don't do your work. Then she 'confiscates' your English book because she wants to 'see how much work you have done'. When she gives it back she admits that she wanted to read your stories. (True story)
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:18 am
McMourning says...

When a stranger reminds you of a character you've written.

When you don't realise what time it is because you're so engrossed in what your writing.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence