Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:26 pm
View Likes
Blink says...

silverSUNLIGHTx wrote:You know you're a writer when you read a really good book and get jealous.

1984, by George Orwell. The idea is almost identical to mine! He obviously copied it. Made me a little sad actually :(

And when you want something traumatic to happen in your life just so you can write it down.
Last edited by Blink on Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:51 pm
Face Engine says...

You know you're a writer when you're dissapointed when something real goes on and on and on without a storylike ending (so you can base your story on it), and when you develop a grammar-related Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
I refuse to acknowledge the existence of this signature.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:13 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

When your friends were snowboarding and watching tv during break, you were taking a class on Shakespeare and read Hamlet for five days.

(True story.)
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:19 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you see something that gives you an idea and think: you know you're a writer when.... (everything gives you plot ideas)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:31 pm
Wolf says...

you know you're a writer when you wonder how you would put someone's dialogue onto paper and have it still make sense.

(like sometimes, someone says something really garbled and grammatically suicidal and I find myself wondering how I would write it down.)
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:41 pm
View Likes
Nutty says...

You know you're a writer when you start narrating your own actions in your head.

You know you're a writer when you have to resist the urge to send a friends text message back to them with the spelling and grammar corrected.

You know you're a writer when you notice the grammar and spelling mistakes on the local shop signs and menus and complain to whoever will (or won't) listen.

Personally guilty of all three ^^
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:32 pm
Fishr says...

When you accepted the Writer's Block as the norm - sort of.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:46 pm
Wolf says...

you know you're a writer when your teacher is afraid to put more than one exclamation mark on handouts :wink:
(mine did once, and I got really mad at her.)
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:01 pm
View Likes
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

You know you're a writer when:

Chat or text speak drives you crazy and you hate discifering it.

You're teacher assigns a writing assignment and tells you he doesn't want a novel.

You get mad and frustrated whe you get writer's block and must complain to someone that you can't finish a perfectly good story!

You find yourself mentally correcting mistakes in books.

You find yourself giddy over the great idea you just thought of for a story.

You've thought your life would be a great novel nd have actually thouht about writing it down.

You just read this whole post (?) to see if you're a writer.

You pause and say "you are" in place of you're to make sure you have the right you're.

You text in complete sentences and with corret grammer.

You decide to write in class bcause you're bored.

I think that's it....Lol.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:19 pm
View Likes
KailaMarie says...

You know you're a writer when you make your friends read what you wrote and then hope they will talk to you about it for hours the next time you see them. (which they never seem as interested as me about :[ )
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:37 am
View Likes
Nutty says...

You know you're a writer when you think of a plot idea while struggling to do up the zipper in your jeans...
True story :p
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:02 pm
kloka says...

You know you are an author when you find yourself continuously scribbling down your ideas on an page of shiny white paper and what you end up with is something really amazing or beautiful.But your doing this in the middle of the night.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:06 pm
View Likes
mnesomeye says...

You know you're a writer when you spend an entire morning writing a response to something on a forum. I do this too much. *sigh*
~ Mnes x

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:17 pm
View Likes
Mutant says...

You know you're a writer when you talk more about character relationships then your own.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:29 pm
Fishr says...

you've driven yourself into this self-prefected, delusional world of preciseness with your writing. Yet, while you're constantly annoyed, you're still writing.

you can accept harsh critiques now with grace and diggnity but you justify your anger by secretly taking it out on your characters instead.

you can't go two days max without writing a letter no matter if it's handwritten or electronic. You always feel the need to write something, thus a letter somehow solves all your problems -- until two days later.

you continue to write these letters, even though you know deep down, the person may not reply presently or for long spans but you still do it just because; there's no reason.

these letters begin to drive you nuts in the middle of the night, thus, you write them even more letters to hopefully bug them in a subtle way that, "Hello?! I'm here! Write me!"

you finally realize at long last -- and have accepted fully -- that "said" is exceptional when used properly.

you're constantly joking about "stabbing things" or "random objects." Uh hem...
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi