z

Young Writers Society

Role Play (fun!!)

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:19 pm
~PrIcElEsSlOvE~ says...

I stole this all from www.thewb.com and another forum for summerland so yeah...i didn't take the time to write all that up....

Ava Gregory (Lori Loughlin, Full House) was exactly where she wanted to be in life. In her thirties, with a close-knit circle of friends, a great house in a beautiful California beach town and a growing career as a fashion designer, the last thing on her mind was settling down and starting a family. That all changed the day Ava's sister and brother-in-law were killed in an accident, leaving Ava to raise their three children.
Until the accident, the biggest challenge in Ava's life was her career and the decision to quit her glamorous job at a large design house to start her own boutique designer label. Ava was comfortable with her role as the cool aunt who would occasionally drop in on her niece and nephews at their isolated Kansas farm or invite them to visit her in California, where they were dazzled by her exciting life.

Despite the tragedy they've endured and the sudden transition from rural Kansas to the beaches of Southern California, the kids are doing pretty well. Sixteen-year-old Bradin (Jesse McCartney, All My Children) has his own adolescent angst to deal with, but he does his best to help his younger siblings. Twelve-year-old Nikki (Kay Panabaker, The Brothers Garcia) has always adored her aunt but sometimes resents Ava's attempts to fill her late sister's shoes. Eight-year-old Derrick (Nick Benson, the upcoming feature film National Treasure) has enough on his hands just trying to understand the big issues of life, death and family.

It's a sense of family that Ava is determined to provide for her sister's children. Since college, Ava's main support system has been her three devoted friends - Johnny, Jay and Susannah. Now her friends are ready and willing to reach out and become the ultimate surrogate family, and Ava is about to discover that it really does take a village (or in this case, a hip beach community) to raise a child.

Johnny Durant (Shawn Christian, As the World Turns, Shopgirl) is Ava's former boyfriend and they have remained very close. He's an ambitious real estate wheeler-dealer who has the nagging feeling he hasn't yet found his true purpose in life. At the moment, however, he's content to be there for Ava and her instant family, acting as the father figure the kids desperately need.
A completely different kind of male role model, Ava's friend Jay Robertson (Ryan Kwanten, Home and Away) is an Australian surfer with an undeniable Peter Pan syndrome. Jay owns the local surf shop, but he's no businessman. In fact, he's only looking for one thing in life ¿ the perfect wave. Ava knows that Jay is still a kid at heart, and she asks for his help with Bradin, who instantly identifies with Jay's cheerfully laid-back philosophy of life. Jay also introduces Bradin to a stunning young surfing instructor named Erika Spalding (newcomer Taylor Cole). In Bradin's eyes, Erica embodies all that is beautiful and desirable about California.
Ava's best friend, Susannah Rexford (Merrin Dungey, Alias), is also her partner in the new business venture. Susannah handles the business decisions, while Ava is the creative force. They've learned to rely on one another and trust each other completely. Susannah is the person Ava always turns to when she needs advice. Although Susannah has no more experience with children than Ava, she never questions her friend's decision to give the kids a real home. When it comes to parenting decisions, Susannah's level-headed objectiveness is the perfect balance for Ava's more emotional viewpoint.

Ava may have started down a new path in life, but she won't be traveling alone. Relying on the diverse personalities and viewpoints of her devoted friends, Ava can face the day-to-day tasks of parenting knowing that she and her friends have the collective strength and skill to raise these kids right. As they spend their first summer together, Ava will struggle to balance the needs of her new family with the demands of a career that was once the entire focus of her life. Eventually, she will come to understand that the family she thought she didn't need is the one thing she was meant to have in her life.

Title: When Summer Turns to Fall

Plot: Fall isn't supposed to mean Fall as in "All Fall's Apart"
What if Johnny and Ava, we're still together would the house be the same? As Johnny is working up the nerve to ask Ava to marry him, the kids are faced with a new challenge, school. How can Bradin even want to go to school when the surf is right out back, and all he wants to do is be surfing? Will he be temped to skip school with Sarah? Nikki is back to being green- faced when her least favoriteperson shows up to be in her school (that would be amber) , and worst of all most of her classes. Will she try and compete again, or will Cameron convince her to be her? While Derrick tryes his hardest to make friends in the strange new setting.

Characters:

Ava-
Johnny-
Nikki-
Cameron -
Bradin-
Jay-
Erika-
Sarah-
Susannah-
Derrick-
Jason-
Amber-
Callie-
Rules:

How to RPG
1. Put dialogue in quotes
"Why are you beating up my drunk nephew?"

2. Put thoughts in paretheses
(Does she think I cant handle myself?)

3. Put actions in ::
::Bradin, pushes Jay off of himself and gets up to walk away::

4. Always make sure that it is clear who your character is speaking to or make sure it is clear in the action.
::Ava glares long and hard at Bradin::

5. Post who you are in bold before your post so everybody can follow it easier:
Nikki

::Sees Cameron walk in the door and smiles::

"Hey, Cameron so what do you want to do today?"

(Anything that doesnt involve Amber is fine with me)

Ok i know this is really dumb and cliche because i stoll the whole thing but i just wanted to see what happened when i did this. uhh...it might be kinda hard if you don't watch summerland so lol...whatever..chances are no one will reply anyway.....

If this is too complicated i can always change the show to sumthing else.
~*~PrIcLeSslOvE~*~

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:34 am
Rei says...

We do RPGs in The Tavern.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:06 pm
View Likes
~PrIcElEsSlOvE~ says...

I am aware of that, but no one ever goes in there, plus everything ( i think) needs to be approved before it can be posted. no one replied anyway, so it doesn't really matter i guess.
~*~PrIcLeSslOvE~*~

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:44 pm
ScarletDreams14 says...

Where's the Tavern?
ScarletDreams14

A wise man once said... "POTATO IS THY LORD, FOR THE POTATO MAKES DELICIOUS FRENCH FRIES."

and that is the legend of the potato...

~Scarlet

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26svqNCNH1qmib1so1_500.gif

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:06 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

@ScarletDreams14 -- The Tavern

Also, wow, major necromancing here... next time, ask someone on chatbar? :P
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo