Young Writers Society

Mental Picture Game xD

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:29 pm
[jacob]blackisthenewpink says...

Okay, so this is how it goes:

I type a word, and you close your eyes.

Type the first thing that comes to mind.

Then, write at least one sentence containing/about that object/word as you see it in your mental image. The sentence(s) can be as bizarre and un-bizarre as you want, and there is no such thing as too many adjectives. They can be in dialogue, lines for a play, or simply a description. Please don't write over a paragraph.

Example:

Me: Red

Next Poster: (Tomato.) The blistering sun gave nutrients to the greenhouse's vegetables--most especially the tomatoes--and Edward didn't hesitate to pick them.

Next Next Poster: (Salad.) The salad was fresh and crisp, with just-ripened fruits and vegetables, and the lemonade on the side looked utterly mouthwatering.

Next Next Next Poster: (Ranch Dressing.) "Wow, Edward," I said, marveling at our picnic. "I didn't know you could cook so well. This ranch dressing--oh my god." Edward smiled and said, "Yes. That would be Hidden Valley."

And so on.... The example is not funny, sorry, but the sentences should flow. When you start with a funny word it's very amusing, because it makes for a funny story.

Your word is: Fecal Contamination

Write like you would were this a strange, bizarre, fecal-based chain story.

Let's make funny words!

~Noah~
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."
- Robert Bloch -

Team Jacob: Because REAL men don't sparkle.
Team Switzerland: Because I like Edward, too.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:27 pm
KailaMarie says...

(hospitals) "Oh crap!" the yelled, realizing he had spilled the container on the counter, causing the fecal contamination alarm to sound.

(I think this is how you're supposed to do it? If I'm wrong, you can fix it.)
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:15 am
Lynlyn says...

(white coats) Men in white lab coats rushed in through the hinged aluminum double doors, seizing him by the elbows and dragging him out of the room. "This will be a lot easier if you don't fight it."
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:09 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

(Doctors)

The doctors threw him on a bed and proceeded to begin an opperation.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:18 pm
kittykat says...

(chainsaw)

"Don't you think we should use a knife or something to open the head?" one docter asked.

"What are you mumbling about now?" the other laughed, firing up the chainsaw. "This'll work just fine! Now... hold'em still."
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:43 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

((Chainsaw? Where'd that come from?))

(Texas)

The doctor cut a hole the size of texas in the man's head. Fortunetly, another doctor was more humane and gave the man drugs.

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:30 am
andimlovegalore says...

High

the drugs made the man go into a dream and he saw lots of purple and pink elephants which were eating carrots which had purple spots on. He kept yelling and trying to warn the elephants that the carrots were contaminated, but they wouldn't listen.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:53 pm
StrangeFamous00 says...

(Dumbo)

An elephant soared high above even the tallest of giraffe's head, scanning the ground methodically for something, anything, fun to do. He recklessly decides to play chicken with a 767 and thereby living up to his name, Dumbo.

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan