z

Young Writers Society

Creative writing no longer exists

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:31 pm
View Likes
DarkerSarah says...

Reichieru: I think your idea is fabulous and I would read it.

There, that's my opinion.
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:35 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

Thank you.

I'm just a little concerened about what publishers are going to make of it. Mainly because it's not going to follow the structure or style any Canadian youth novel I have ever seen. They publish a lot of issue books. But this is going to be an issue book without really looking like one. And it's also going to be largely interior monologue, and won't provide a nice, neat conclusion the way most youth books do.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:18 pm
View Likes
Harley says...

i gots one; but i'm guessing it has been done so i'm not sure i should post it. i spent a little while thinking it up with my friend and i just know it will have been done, but meh, here goes:

A group of scientisits build a time machine (don't laugh) and one oif them uses it. He is told to get talking to people and try to get the name of them, to trace their families. He and he meets a girl and falls in love with her, only to find out that she's his great great granddaughter. He has a decision- he can stay in the future, where the girl will exist until he is the age he would have been when he started a family,. or he can be parted from her forever.

that's all i got

241 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:48 pm
View Likes
zelithon says...

to reichuru

i am sory but it has been done but not in exactly the same way ofcource

my idea i think is unique a elementary 1 roomed school for Animal (in a human world) kidds with some power or talent like piano podigy or being iresistalbe get a new nurse and go on a field trip with her, get stranded in the desert split into clans when "Ha Ha" a crazy lady who starts kiddnapping them first attacks. it turnes out that Ha ha is really nurse and nurse is crazy, they escape when there bustdriver who had hichhiked a ride comes back for them but tghey leave one kidd behind
this would be a bizzare commedy you can not really tell how unque it is just by this.

241 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:49 pm
View Likes
zelithon says...

that time machine one is unique foollow though!

Reviews: 2
Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:41 am
View Likes
tinkerbell_09 says...

Last year, I wanted to take a creative writing course. But too many people started to argue with me, saying that it's not practical, i won't gain money in that kind of a job.EALLY DON"T CARE!

This time I want to take psychology. If you are in my case.... would you still take creative writing considering that you really love it?
I live not because God wants me to. But because I have the will to go on.LIFE IS HARD. And I don't know why. And I don't plan to understand.

241 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:22 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

yep. and I heard you could do radio show screenwriting as a job.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:28 am
View Likes
Sam says...

My blog!

I'm pretty sure no one's ever written about throwing pencils at the teacher's butt, licking Laffy Taffy in a wrong way and then getting it stuck to a car, or bouncing loaves of bread off parking meters.

I'm just sayin'. :P
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

241 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:40 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

I also think no one has ever written about a (I am really sory if this offends anyone) demented fat boy in denial who conciders himself hot and cool who goes to fat camp. Also people hardly ever write a whole book from the bad guy's piont of view. I want to do many books like that. Wicked is the only one I read and he made her seem misunderstood instead of evil. I plan on doing real evil.
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:42 am
View Likes
Sam says...

Mmm, real evil. Misty Lynn's done a few stories like that (at least that's what I think they're supposed to be about), so if you want a good example check her stuff out.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:10 am
View Likes
Sponson Light says...

Just because its been done, doenst mean its still awesome.
Its almost like reinventing the wheel. For example, when the pet rock was re-released, for some strange reason it was a huge hit.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:21 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

zelithon wrote:I also think no one has ever written about a (I am really sory if this offends anyone) demented fat boy in denial who conciders himself hot and cool who goes to fat camp. Also people hardly ever write a whole book from the bad guy's piont of view. I want to do many books like that. Wicked is the only one I read and he made her seem misunderstood instead of evil. I plan on doing real evil.

I've read a book about a weird fat boy... who is forced to do activity... and in a way, the later Harry Potter books have that as one of the many sideplots.

And I've written several... er... stories from the bad guy's point of view. They're are extremely creepy (and unfortunately, still lurking on the internet. ><). And if I've done it, then I'm sure others have as well. In fact, I've read quite a lot of stories from the bad guy POV.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

241 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:23 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

Not the way I am talking about.
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:25 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

The fat guy? Well... I guess.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill