z

Young Writers Society

Name the Character Above You

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:40 am
Lil_Pau says...

Eddie/Mason/Johnny

A 16-year-old girl who loves to skateboard and cause trouble. Ties her hair in pigtails and dyes a part of her hair pink. Always wears anything of punk fashion. Usually hangs out with a group of boys who love skateboarding as well.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Reviews: 3
Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:00 pm
siobhan says...

Kaylee. Or, Spencer. (It can be a girl's name, I've heard it as such.)

A 33-year-old male. Very tan, has freckles on shoulders, nose, and cheekbones. Used to be chubby, a little skinnier now due to traveling. Scraggly brown hair, nondescript blue eyes. He left his country, and was trying to sneak illegally into a city that is very hard to get into. His wife died a year ago on the road.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:07 pm
wookielover17 says...

I see a Joe or a John for some apparent reason

I need a name for a girl that has been alone her entire life. She has a couple of problems. And she's a little paranoid. (I know she's a mess) I can't find a right name for her... Oh and this name has to have a cute nickname! Okay that's it!!
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:34 pm
emmylou1995 says...

I would think either Ezmeralda(Ezzie) or Isabelle(Isa or Belle). Or maybe Bailey or Jessica.

Anyways here's mine.(She is not actually a character from my story but i need a name for her.)
A quiet woman who wants to get married and have a child. She is about twenty-one and three years before her and her mother were in a car accident and she lost her left leg and two fingers on her left hand. Her personality is borderline serious and she likes to help people in her community, even when she cant walk. She has short black hair and silver eyes. Her outfit consists of a red silk blouse and white cotton skirt.
When all you have is nothing, there is alot to go around.

113 Reviews

Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:27 pm
Mo. says...

Fiona, Emeline, Aisha, Holly, Hope, Jane, Rebekha, Jessie, Zoe, Kendra, Joel-(pronounced Jo-el)... Any of these I think would be good :).

A 14-15 year old boy. He has bright blue eyes, and defined cheek bones (very attractive). His hair is blonde and he arranges it in a messy mop above his head, spiked in all directions, and a small rat’s tail thing plaited from the side of his head down to just below his shoulder. He is very annoyed when people say that his plait is a rats-tail, and has an I don't care what you think attitude. He's the new kid, but doesn't care, he is who he is, and no-one is going to change that. He is muscular and well built, has unusual, but very good taste in clothing. He is also a lot smarter than people think or assume, and is actually a very nice, polite and well-mannered boy. He lives by the words, "Don't judge a book by it's cover".

Umm.. I think that's enough, (if possible a list of names would be great). :D
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:15 pm
Nightmares says...

Asim, Eric, Danny, Dan, Cody, Lloyd, James, Hamish.

At the moment thats all I can think of, I think a name that could be used either for a boy or a girl would be good because of his "I don't care" attitude and the whole don't judge a book by its cover.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My character is a 15 year old boy as well. He has ash black hair and brown eyes, very plain he claims. He always wears black and carries with him a magic marker (sharpie/nico). He's a self trained necromancer (summoner of the dead) and has a very sarcastic/go to hell attitude. Any suggestions ?
"I wish I had a man-eating vine for a houseplant,"

"If I heard ticking coming from somewhere I'd put my head close to the source of the sound too,"

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:31 am
TeekasaurusRex says...

I like this character, he sounds like someone I'd end up hanging out with haha. What about...Phoenix? Cove? Franco? Seth (always reminds me of the Cohen, whom he sounds kind of like, only more science fiction and less sad adorable dork) or Kameron. The "K" makes it hardcore. :)

...My character is a twenty year old possible Jew who works with his dad at a pastry shop, is funloving and sweet, honest to a fault (after his friend's sister died, he told her that it was gonna happen anyway, the way she was on drugs and everything), and protective of those he loves. He was really curly hair, dark eyes, thick eyelashes, and a shy sort of smile, when he does smile. He's told he's too serious.
"Either you think, or others have to think for you and take power from you, pervert and discipline your natural tastes, civilize and sterilize you." --F. Scott Fitzgerald

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:35 am
Elinor says...

Jacob!

My Character is around 22 years old, female and slighty chubby. She has tan skin, jade green eyes and chocolate brown hair, with long, dark brown hair with blonde highlights. Has acne problems, and is a little shy. She doesn't feel comftrable when she's not with close friends.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:34 am
foxfire says...

Emily, Abigail, Terrence

cool...i'm kind of lost on what name i'll give her...

she is a 27 year old woman who loves to play the piano. She is blonde and has her hair usually tied to a ball. She has two eye colors (maybe from genetic problem) one is green and the other red.
she likes to play the piano, likes silence.
she is kind, formal and is devout to her faith.
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

113 Reviews

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:08 pm
Mo. says...

Christine, Natasha, Drew, Cindy, Crystal, Kassandra, Rebbecca, Isabella, Lauren, Jordie, Jordalee. I like any of these :D

14 year old girl, lavender eyes, natural tanned skin, brown, sun-streaked hair. Sings, dances and plays guitar. Good curves (model figure). Only child, abusive father, but she hides her heritage. She is very truthful, though she often looses friends through this, she will never lie to be nice.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:28 pm
fhwdf says...

Harriet. Hayley. I'm not sure why, but it seems like it should start with an 'H'.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to include the supernatural, but that's my character - who I fairly urgently need a name for. Can I have a few options if possible, please?

16-year-old GCSE student, intelligent but finds the sciences boring. Very artistic. Has magical powers of moving objects which are a major difficulty because she's being forced to choose what to do with them - ignore them, use them for good, evil etc... Has a mother who is constantly getting on her nerves... Usually quiet and does as she's told, but with the above and also a lot of general teenage hormones stuff is starting to fall apart a bit.
"What if, doctor, we need these knots and these tangles because they're the only things holding our souls down - and if we untied the knots and untangled the tangles and stretched them out ... would our souls just float away?"
~Luke Kennard, A Practical Course in Entry Level Expressionism

113 Reviews

Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:34 am
Mo. says...

Ashley, Amanda, Kim, Lucy, Hayley, Kristen, Kirstie, Holly, Jasmine, Summer, Joy, Storme, Raine. xD - Is that enough? :P

A super, total NERD! - but under his glasses is drop dead gorgeous. He does what he wants, but tends to hide himself from his classmates. At first he may be resistant to friendship, but he is awesome once you get to know him. He's trustworthy, mostly honest, and really, really smart.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:42 am
View Likes
Durriedog says...

Rodney, Blake, James, Fleck, Michael, Josh, Brian, Ryan, Joshua???

This is a fantasy character, and you'll understand she's of the Fire tribe if you read the first chapter of my novel ( :D ).
Red eyes, brown skin, short spikey hair bleached golden-tan by the sun, short.
Very noble (almost direct royalty), lacks some common sense, motherly, a bit bossy.
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:53 pm
Carlito says...

I looked up names that have fire in their meaning...
Angana (fire, hot, destructive, unperishable), Candice/Candace/Candie/Candis/Kandace/Kandice (fire-white), Enat (little fire), Endellion (fire soul), Keahi (the fire), Keahilani (the fire of heaven), McCay (fire), Nyimak (small fire), Tanwen (white fire), Udia/Udiya (Jehovah's fire)

17 year old girl with leukemia. She's really nice, fun loving, and optimistic. Blondish-red hair when she has hair :) Dating a boy named Shawn.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

113 Reviews

Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:10 am
Mo. says...

Asavari, Joy, Hope, Penelope, Aisha, Rebekha, Stephanie or Stefany, Josie, Paris, Summer, Madee (Madison or Madeline), Winter, Sapphire, Angeline or Angelina. That's all I can think of at the moment. :P

The popular chic. Really mean, but the main character (guy) has a crush on her for some unkown reason, however the "jock" is going out with her - he's abusive. NOT a cheerleader though. :P Although she used to be fat, and hides everything from her past.

"Yesterday you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT."
— Shia Labeouf