z

Young Writers Society

Name the Character Above You

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:35 am
200397 says...

Owen (don't know why but it struck me)

A quiet girl, blond hair, blue eyes; French but multi-lingual. Works in a bookshop and has a quiet nature, though she speaks passionately about subjects she feels strong about. Has little self-confidence, and is training to be a master mage from her oppressive, insinuating aunt. Distrustful but kind, and very pretty.

~Sunny

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:52 am
Breezy says...

Michelle. Or if that's too obviously French how ablout Elena?

I've got three to throw at ya'll, lets see how you fare:

A teenage boy who swears he's been abducted by aliens and as a result has aqquired a twitch and a sputtery way of speech. Kind but quirky. Suspicious of electrical devices.

A guy in his 20s who works at a pet store, mostly stocks goldfish. Sometimes, when nobody's looking, he'll let a couple of fighting fish duke it out at the expense of his paycheck. An insomniac who can't get a good nights sleep for days at a time. A bit obsessive, although his intentions are innocent, he ends up stalking one girl and drowning his girlfriend in a fish tank.

The girlfriend of the guy above, perhaps a bit older than him but she acts like she's twelve. Very immature and pouty and childish but in that sense she's also impulsive and a ton of fun. Flighty. Tears other people down to bring herself up.
Winchester Cathedral - You're bringin' me down...
You stood and you watched as my baby left town.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Joey

Alec

Jenna

A tall, gangly seventeen year-old boy. He's quiet, but has a great sense of humour. He lives in the shadow of his stronger and more outgoing twin brother. He looks like a stick, so his physical stregnth often surprises people. He's an incredibly fast runner.
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:48 pm
Sura says...

James?

A blond female of 14-16 years.
~~very adventurous, curious but thoughtful, practical and determined, very athletic, not particularly pretty
I'm back!

"Breaking fixed idea!
Throw away the prejudice
that fish live in fish bowls only!"

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:31 pm
Bloo says...

Wow Sakura, you just described my main character, and Sura you gave the same name. I guess I picked right.

Now back to the point
Courtney

and
And a very out going and calm kid. He never has a worry, and if he does it disappears quickly. Through he is also someone to count on, he never bails on prior engagements, or refuses to help if he can.
He is 14-15 years old, with white hair, and pale blue, almost white, eyes, it tall but scrawny as well.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 am
Chloe(: says...

George?

Dark brown hair, medium skin, dark blue eyes. On the short side, elfin face. She is a little self centered, and usually gets what she wants. She's the queen of her land, and absolutely hates change. But she has a husband and six kids, so, yeah.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:19 am
Lil_Pau says...

Elarenne

- A tall, young woman of 17-20 years. Has long, silky light brown hair and bright green eyes. Is quite athletic and a fast runner. Is popular around her friends and classmates. Is helpful, good-hearted, but very rebellious and stubborn at times.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 pm
WaterVyper says...

Maria or Samantha.

A woman, around 25 year old. She has long black hair and narrow, blue eyes. She dresses like a gothic lolita sort of character, except with red and black as the main colors. She speaks in a soft voice, and is very confident. Unlike most other people, she has the strength to back it up. Has a minor god-complex.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:19 am
lilymoore says...

Elizabeth, Leda, or Emilie (whenever anyone says gothic lolita, I can't get the song by musician Emilie Autumn from my head.)

Young girl, bout 15 or 16 years old. Long brown hair, simple brown eyes. Overall, she appears rather average. She's very much a tomboy and spends most of her time playing video games or just hangin out. Still, she has a very innocent appeal and she has a way of wrapping peoples hearts around her finger. However, it isn't hard for people to break her heart.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

365 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:48 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hmm. Her real name is very girly, Madison-Elizabeth. Most people call her Maddy, or call her by her last name, Parker. :wink:

A young boy in foster care. He was heavily abused by his father, and hardly ever speaks. He doesn't interact with the other children in his foster home, but flies into a rage very quickly. His anger tends to get physical. He spends most of his time reading or writing poetry (but he would die if anyone found out about the latter).
(very cliche, but, hey, I couldn't think of anything!)
-Catullus, Carmen 85

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:11 pm
Chloe(: says...

Cameron

A teenage boy with dark skin and green eyes. Charming and arrogant. Has many friends and many 'friends.' Believes he is at the top of everything, and sort of is.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:27 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Casey? Perhaps... Alex? Those were the first names I thought of...

A woman, around the age of 1000... possibly more... but has the appearance of someone who is 35. She has light brown hair and has very, very kind eyes. She is patient and sometimes confusing and erratic. She is a mentor; a soul collector mentor. She lives above Earth in a big invisible house (more like a palace), and always watches over the humans. She is sort of like "god", but all she does is go down to Earth to collect souls that have passed on and are ready to go to the 'other side'...

This is why I have a hard time naming her. Nothing really fits.
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

365 Reviews

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:55 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Perhaps something with mythological roots? Something like Gaea (Earth)? That's a toughy.

Ooh, you know what would be better? Have her remain nameless. Call her the Ancient One.

A young girl of about seventeen. She has dark brown hair and is very athletic. She has a temper, but is still very popular. She is clever, but not as smart as she thinks she is. she has a twin brother, who she loves, but she is often exasperated by his impulsiveness and sarcastic sense of humor. She is loving, but watch out if you're on her bad side!
-Catullus, Carmen 85

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:45 am
200397 says...

Taylor. Or, if you don't like that, Addison. :wink:

A girl, nineteen or twenty. Nondescript brown hair, dark eyes. Tan-ish skin that doesn't seem to get any darker or lighter. Moody and sarcastic, and she wanders from college to college, collecting degrees. Has a hard time relating to other people because she is too skeptical.

~Sunny

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:23 pm
Banango Cheesecake says...

Shaun, I think. Or Shawn. Whichever spelling fits.

My character is fifteen. He has curly brown hair, green eyes and slightly tanned skin. Tall, not lanky, but not lean either. Not fat/chubby. Just your average guy, down to the height. He's human, caring, sweet and protective of the girl he likes.

He's a bit shy though, and he's not very good at sports or at fighting so he can't really protect her that much. He's pretty good at science, average at Math and English but absolutely sucks at history. He falls asleep in it most of the time.
Why do I keep having this scary nightmare...The one where I went mad and killed you with my own hands.

-Loyal AS fan-

A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden