z

Young Writers Society

Writer to Writer

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:48 am
Incandescence says...

In this activity, we take a writer (actually, you use the the writer ordained by the former person) from this site and liken them to current and previous authors and why they are like those authors.

For instance, the writer I am using is Morgan (Chevy), whose writing style is a kind of fusion of Jack London and Sylvia Plath. She is a very literal writer, yet does so with a certain translucent sense of beauty. I have in mind the short story Plath wrote about the inequality in the world - that certain kind of literal imagery and storytelling style - mixed with London's "To Build a Fire," which ridicules man, in a slightly symbollic sense, for relying on nurture rather than nature. Chevy does a marvelous job with her works, and I know she will be famous one day.

The next person?...hm...how about Firestarter.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat May 07, 2005 3:44 am
Sam says...

Francine Prose, Gary Blackwood, and Michael Crichton (at least in State of Fear)

Very literal, tells it like it is- and "I don't care what you think *poke*".

Gets the point across in as few words as possible, and meshes details together in order to achieve that.

Unique style...though I guess you could say that about many people...although Jack and my authors above have such a weird way of telling things, it's hard to put a finger on it. Honestly, the above statements were mostly just a couple paragraphs picked out, I couldn't possibly describe the style in general .

Jack, to put it into 11-year-old terms, you rock!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat May 07, 2005 3:45 am
Sam says...

oh...hee hee...forgot. :D

How about my good friend, Hekategirl?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic