z

Young Writers Society

Practice your Signature!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:04 pm
MiwaKi says...

^.^ I did it on black, but it's the same basic idea anyhow.
-Ki

"It's a truly rare man in this world, who can forgive those who hate him so easily from his heart. I wish they were all like you." - Old Man, KNF

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:19 pm
Meep says...

MiwaKi, is there a reason you right "ヲ" instead of "ワ" and you put it twice? (Is there some spelling rule I haven't learned yet?) Also, isn't "ミ" supposed to be slanted, otherwise it's "三," right? (I don't know; it's why I'm asking you.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

5 Reviews

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:08 pm
MiwaKi says...

Meep wrote:MiwaKi, is there a reason you right "ヲ" instead of "ワ" and you put it twice? (Is there some spelling rule I haven't learned yet?) Also, isn't "ミ" supposed to be slanted, otherwise it's "三," right? (I don't know; it's why I'm asking you.)

Funny things happen when we handwrite our names. I dare say that most of us do things to normal letters in our everyday signatures that are NOT in the textbooks.

The second kanji is ha, ba, hane... "wing(s)" (many dictionaries list it as feather, plume or even petal, I believe, and occasionally even omit this definition, but it is definitely correct.) ... Another reading of that kanji alone is the name "Tsubasa" ... again, "wing(s)" This is a not so ordinary reading of it. (read "wa" ... this is not the only instance where that character... "ha"... is read "wa" ... also in the particle, "ha" is read "wa." Kind of like the kanji 'ko(u)' or 'hikari' for light is not actually "Hikaru" but can be used by itself to spell that name.

The three stroke kanji is "mi" as in mitsu, also san, yes, "three" ... when you TYPE it, yes, it is perfectly straight... but short of getting out a ruler that's probably not going to happen. Try writing it with a Japanese calligraphy brush and see what happens to the ends of the strokes... Kind of does interesting things all by itself.

三羽キ Is the way I've written it. For the record, キ is not really the name, but short for it. But it's much faster to write than if I wrote out the intended kanji. Some other variations of the two kanji part of the name are Sanba, Miu, Mitsuha, Mitsuwa and Mibu. Usually kana only names are used by girls, but I think the line is starting to blur there now. I used the katakana 'ki' only as a matter of style.

-edit- Miwa and Mitsuwa are surnames, by the way. I apologize if I sound tense... it's been a pretty bad day, so I am rather wound up. Don't take it personally. x_x
-Ki

"It's a truly rare man in this world, who can forgive those who hate him so easily from his heart. I wish they were all like you." - Old Man, KNF

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:34 pm
Meep says...

Ah, thank you.

(I was wondering if there was some huge kana thing that I'd overlooked.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

5 Reviews

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:13 pm
MiwaKi says...

Meep wrote:Ah, thank you.

(I was wondering if there was some huge kana thing that I'd overlooked.)

No problem... Sorry to sound like such a jerk today. :(

Hmm... Maybe I can give you a good tip. I'll pm you.
-Ki

Reviews: 2
Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:35 pm
sar_a215 says...

how are you guys doing that?
सारा मेरा ज़िंदगी मैं माल असबाब छिपा हुआ

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:39 pm
Emerson says...

I just wrote mine on a piece of paper and scanned it in. That's the easiest. ^_^
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314