z

Young Writers Society

Circle Story

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:45 am
hawk says...

I couldn't believe my eyes. All my beliefs had been shattered overnight.
I no longer know what to think. What I had seen had destroyed my hopes and my future, and they drifted away, out of my reach. Have you ever dropped something in a river, right before a waterfall? Thats what it was like. It floated away on ripples of my despair.

It all started with that chicken. Or was it chicken? In my existential view of simulated reality, I didn't really know, or didn't really care whether or not the stupid bird was a chicken. All I knew was that as I stood there under the static TV like glare of the grey morning sky was that, that, that bird just appeared out of nowhere stammering some incromphensible string of gibberish that my nihilistic self could not possibly comprehend.

But hey, it sure tasted like chicken, after I'd cooked his behind. That made me feel better.

Except the chicken - if it was a chicken - was only the beginning. Nobody changes their entire view of life because of a chicken. No. It was the rhino that did that. He was HUGE!!!! Like a bulking.....well he was just a bulking rhino;all big horn and no talk.

No talk indeed, I thought as I eyed him with a menacing stare. Yet, as I turned to walk away, the rhino opened his mouth and began to speak.In a voice deep and rumbling, he said, "The world's not going to stop if you die."

His voice was gravely, but booming and loud. It forced me back with the force of eight eighteen wheelers.

I attempted to prevent myself from falling with an unstable foot, delaying my meeting with the ground only for a few seconds. It was like a mental snap, as I regained composure, and mulled over the words. What would a pathetic rhino know about death and dying? I looked across the room, at the penetrating grey haze that seeped in through the window, and touched my temple lightly, really ever so lightly, sending a sharp rhythmic sensation down my spinal chord, ripping my head in two. Great, I thought. All that water and I still have a hangover.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:33 am
Tara says...

I no longer know what to think. What I had seen had destroyed my hopes and my future, and they drifted away, out of my reach. Have you ever dropped something in a river, right before a waterfall? Thats what it was like. It floated away on ripples of my despair.

It all started with that chicken. Or was it chicken? In my existential view of simulated reality, I didn't really know, or didn't really care whether or not the stupid bird was a chicken. All I knew was that as I stood there under the static TV like glare of the grey morning sky was that, that, that bird just appeared out of nowhere stammering some incromphensible string of gibberish that my nihilistic self could not possibly comprehend.

But hey, it sure tasted like chicken, after I'd cooked his behind. That made me feel better.

Except the chicken - if it was a chicken - was only the beginning. Nobody changes their entire view of life because of a chicken. No. It was the rhino that did that. He was HUGE!!!! Like a bulking.....well he was just a bulking rhino;all big horn and no talk.

No talk indeed, I thought as I eyed him with a menacing stare. Yet, as I turned to walk away, the rhino opened his mouth and began to speak.In a voice deep and rumbling, he said, "The world's not going to stop if you die."

His voice was gravely, but booming and loud. It forced me back with the force of eight eighteen wheelers.

I attempted to prevent myself from falling with an unstable foot, delaying my meeting with the ground only for a few seconds. It was like a mental snap, as I regained composure, and mulled over the words. What would a pathetic rhino know about death and dying? I looked across the room, at the penetrating grey haze that seeped in through the window, and touched my temple lightly, really ever so lightly, sending a sharp rhythmic sensation down my spinal chord, ripping my head in two. Great, I thought. All that water and I still have a hangover. a dizzy sensation pulated through my body.
dear God I thought, I'm going to throw up
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:37 am
niteowl says...

I attempted to prevent myself from falling with an unstable foot, delaying my meeting with the ground only for a few seconds. It was like a mental snap, as I regained composure, and mulled over the words. What would a pathetic rhino know about death and dying? I looked across the room, at the penetrating grey haze that seeped in through the window, and touched my temple lightly, really ever so lightly, sending a sharp rhythmic sensation down my spinal chord, ripping my head in two. Great, I thought. All that water and I still have a hangover. a dizzy sensation pulated through my body.
dear God I thought, I'm going to throw up. [b] But then the rhino beat me to it. Bananas fell everywhere. Bananas in every color of the rainbow.

I should have never put this on here. You guys are too serious with this!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:08 am
hekategirl says...

dear God I thought, I'm going to throw up. But then the rhino beat me to it. Bananas fell everywhere. Bananas in every color of the rainbow.
I looked at the ground disgusted, this rhino was twisted and I had to get out of here fast.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:05 pm
niteowl says...

I ran and fell in a bottomless pit.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

323 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:29 am
View Likes
hekategirl says...

dear God I thought, I'm going to throw up. But then the rhino beat me to it. Bananas fell everywhere. Bananas in every color of the rainbow.
I looked at the ground disgusted, this rhino was twisted and I had to get out of here fast. I ran and fell in a bottomless pit. Down, Down I fell. My speed gaining every second.
My mind couldn't take this, my eyes slowly blacked out. But the last thing I heard before I lost consious was the rhino giving a grunt, a pleased, happy grunt.

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:46 pm
View Likes
Harley says...

I clutched my head and groaned, the pain like a metal drill grinded on my temples, and I lay on the ground to rest. As I looked up, a winged mule stared back at me; it's brown eys boring into mine as it gradually lowered itself to ground level.

Reviews: 1
Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:30 pm
Baerodach says...

I looked at the ground disgusted, this rhino was twisted and I had to get out of here fast. I ran and fell in a bottomless pit. Down, Down I fell. My speed gaining every second.
My mind couldn't take this, my eyes slowly blacked out. But the last thing I heard before I lost consious was the rhino giving a grunt, a pleased, happy grunt.
I clutched my head and groaned, the pain like a metal drill grinded on my temples, and I lay on the ground to rest. As I looked up, a winged mule stared back at me; it's brown eys boring into mine as it gradually lowered itself to ground level.
Then all of the sudden it farted; a sickening odor fanned out through the air and invaded my nostrils, which at once were covered by my hand.
All my life i've been searching for somethin',
something never comes never leads to nothin',
nothin satisfies but i'm gettin' close,
closer to the prize at the end of the rope.
All night long I dream of the day,
when it comes around and it's taken away,
leaves me with the feelin' that I feel the most,
feel it come to life when I see your ghost.

323 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:55 am
View Likes
hekategirl says...

Then all of the sudden it farted; a sickening odor fanned out through the air and invaded my nostrils, which at once were covered by my hand. But as I looked at the winged mule I saw in its eyes it really ment no harm, or thats what it seemed like. But ethier way I climbed on the its soft back, and it started to trot away.

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:39 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Then all of the sudden it farted; a sickening odor fanned out through the air and invaded my nostrils, which at once were covered by my hand. But as I looked at the winged mule I saw in its eyes it really ment no harm, or thats what it seemed like. But ethier way I climbed on the its soft back, and it started to trot away.

The mule crawled through the window into the grey mist. Then it spread its wings, and it flew.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:15 am
View Likes
Shady says...

The mule crawled through the window into the grey mist. Then it spread its wings, and it flew.

We tore through the sky, but I couldn't see much because of the hazy fog that surrounded us. But up ahead, I could see us approaching something. Was it... another chicken?

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:22 am
NewHope says...

I no longer know what to think. What I had seen had destroyed my hopes and my future, and they drifted away, out of my reach. Have you ever dropped something in a river, right before a waterfall? That's what it was like. It floated away on ripples of my despair.

It all started with that chicken. Or was it a chicken? In my existential view of simulated reality, I didn't really know or didn't really care whether or not the stupid bird was a chicken. All I knew was that as I stood there under the static TV like glare of the grey morning sky was that, that, that bird just appeared out of nowhere stammering some incomprehensible string of gibberish that my nihilistic self could not possibly comprehend.

Except the chicken - if it was a chicken - was only the beginning. Nobody changes their entire view of life because of a chicken. No. It was the rhino that did that. He was huge! Like a bulking... well he was just a bulking rhino; all big horn and no talk.

No talk indeed, I thought as I eyed him with a menacing stare. Yet, as I turned to walk away, the rhino opened his mouth and began to speak. In a voice deep and rumbling, he said, "The world's not going to stop if you die."

His voice was gravely, but booming and loud. It forced me back with the force of eight eighteen-wheelers.

I attempted to prevent myself from falling with an unstable foot, delaying my meeting with the ground only for a few seconds. It was like a mental snap, as I regained composure, and mulled over the words. What would a pathetic rhino know about death and dying? I looked across the room, at the penetrating grey haze that seeped in through the window, and touched my temple lightly, really ever so lightly, sending a sharp rhythmic sensation down my spinal cord, ripping my head in two. Great, I thought. All that water and I still have a hangover. A dizzy sensation pulsated through my body.
Dear God I thought, I'm going to throw up. But then the rhino beat me to it. Bananas fell everywhere. Bananas in every colour of the rainbow.
I looked at the ground disgusted, this rhino was twisted and I had to get out of here fast. I ran and fell in a bottomless pit. Down, down I fell. My speed gaining every second.
My mind couldn't take this, my eyes slowly blacked out. But the last thing I heard before I lost consciousness was the rhino giving a grunt, a pleased, happy grunt.
I clutched my head and groaned, the pain like a metal drill grinding on my temples, and I lay on the ground to rest. As I looked up, a winged mule stared back at me; its brown eyes boring into mine as it gradually lowered itself to ground level.
Then all of a sudden it farted; a sickening odour fanned out through the air and invaded my nostrils, which at once were covered by my hand. But as I looked at the winged mule I saw in its eyes it really meant no harm or that's what it seemed like. But either way, I climbed on its soft back, and it started to trot away.

We tore through the sky, but I couldn't see much because of the hazy fog that surrounded us. But up ahead, I could see us approaching something. Was it... another chicken?

I hit it away as it came diving for my face. Leaning over in the saddle, but the mule jerked the other way. Trying to turn in the other direction. And that was when I fell. Flung around like that stupid bird. Rolling down a hill. Picking up speed as if I was never going to stop. Spinning uncontrollably until my back hit solid rock. I moaned in pain and tried to get up, but my hand slipped. I was disgusted by the sticky, red substance. It was all too familiar. Blood, that was for sure. But from where? His eyes gaped in horror as he stared at the body of an impaled woman.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington