z

Young Writers Society

Character dialogue

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:12 pm
Shafter says...

"Many thanks, Mrs. Mills, but I'm not on a blood trail. Believe it or not, I'm hunting my best friend. And no, I don't intend to kill him, despite what Freud may think." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:25 pm
Twit says...

"Trai, you're hunting your best friend with the supposed purpose of killing him, when you actually don't intend to kill him? What happens when you catch up with him? There'll be a lot of confusion and disappointment all around. If you kill him, he'll be disappointed that you did, and if you don't kill him, everyone else will be disappointed that you didn't." ~The Raven
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

55 Reviews

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:10 am
Shafter says...

"You deftly demonstrate how little you know of the situation. In fact, the man who hired me would kill me-- and I do mean that literally, not figuratively-- if I killed the young man I am hunting. Confusion is for bored people; I don't have time for it." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:12 am
Crysi says...

Which is why you must always look for work from someone who orders a death - death is the final blow, the action which ends all confusion. ~Sijaeus
Love and Light

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:34 pm
Twit says...

"Or death can cause the confusion. What if a country had been in peace for years, then the queen dies, leaving dubious instructions behind as to who will succeed the throne, and then the king dies a month or so afterwards in suspicious circumstances? Then the country is thrown into chaos, and an extreme case of sibling rivalry, resulting in every country's worst nightmare. Said worst nightmare being civil war, which is in fact the only way to avoid turmoil and a reign of darkness.
See what confusion those deaths caused? I rest my case. Here, under the table"
~The Raven
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:03 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

Raven, was your story just off the top of your head, because I know a story just like that. Actually, it was my grandfather, you see. His parents died, leaving him and his twin brother, my great-uncle, to fight it out. There was a huge civil war, and that's why Marren is a seperate kingdom now. Are you, perhaps, a seer? ----King Sunset
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:57 pm
Twit says...

"A seer? I'm not sure." *laughs* "How can I be a seer and know what's going to happen, if I don't know what's happening now? An unsure seer. Can that variety of seer even exist?" ~The Raven

#TNT

55 Reviews

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:24 pm
Shafter says...

"An unsure seer is the only kind that can exist, Raven. Unless, of course, the magic in your world is different than the kind in mine. And, King Sunset, you should get your act together! What kind of a disorderly country do you rule, anyway? You could learn something under Naryen-Mair rule." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:36 pm
extrication says...

And how is Naryen-Mair so different? Mind, kingdoms have been dead since like forEVER where I am. Besides, civil wars start somewhere---and it's almost always because the people are discontent. Doesn't that mean that it's the rulers who're disorderly? --- Dresden
because memory moves in orbits
of absence, because she holds her hands out in the rain,
and rain remembers nothing, not even how it became itself.
- Las Ruinas del Corazon, Eric Gamalinda

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:47 pm
Twit says...

"Na, na! It could be division among the people in the country, or two potentially brilliant rulers fighting with each other to determine which one should rule. Or it could be just because the one doesn't like the other's attitude. So, we've gone from philosophy to politics. How did that happen?" ~The Raven

#TNT

55 Reviews

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:55 am
Shafter says...

"I've found that philosophy and politics are often closen woven together. I believe civil wars happen for a multitude of reasons. But when a country can't decide on a successor to the throne and a battle for the throne ensues, I don't call it complicated-- it's sloppy politics, plain and simple. That's why Naryen-Mair always has a successor ready, even if the successor himself doesn't know it." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:35 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

Geez, serious much? You need to find the fun a little, you know? Ugh, if all I could talk about was politics, I's drive myself crazy. And that's not an overstatement. ---Nightshade
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:42 pm
Twit says...

"Politics figure pretty highly if you spend most of your time with the Queen. Even when your time with the Royal Family involves balancing sugar lumps on one's nose, politics makes itself felt. Most uncomfortably felt.
I find I can look at Kiona's politics quite dispassionately, which I suppose is helpful when I an unbiased view is needed. Not that anyone listens when the dog speaks, but I like to hyperventillate. But Sunshade is zigackerly correct about fun."
~The Raven

#TNT

55 Reviews

Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:10 pm
Shafter says...

"Who said anything about not having fun? But when you're in my position, politics have to be all I think about. Unfortunately." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:25 pm
Twit says...

*cartwheels all around Traistal* "Poor you! Thinking about politics all the time! On a completely different threadle of thought, who would you consider your closest friend or companion?" ~The Raven

#TNT

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
— Honore de Balzac