z

Young Writers Society

Character dialogue

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:46 pm
Poor Imp says...

Rhetorical question, right?

Unless you think people keep track of, er, the history of their word choice. Hey, if they're crazy.
-Tov
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:50 pm
Firestarter says...

Like you, right? - Jade
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

459 Reviews

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:52 pm
Poor Imp says...

No. Or yes? Wouldn't be talking to you otherwise. Obviously. -Tov

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:45 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

WHAT are you guys talking about??? ---Kitty
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:49 pm
Shafter says...

"Nothing, apparently. That's what they're best at. In that case, I shall attempt a new line of discussion: is it morally acceptable to kill someone who calls you by a nickname. Opinions, please?" ~Traistal
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

459 Reviews

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:56 pm
Poor Imp says...

Sure. Acceptably argued, right?

Just, er, doesn't apply to this situation.
-Tov

-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:11 pm
McMourning says...

Is it morally acceptable to kill at all?
Sure, I'd like to kill some people for calling me [nick]names, or making fun of me. But, I really don't think I could live with myself if I did that. Not to mention, I don't think it's Socially Acceptable.

~The Narrator
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

55 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:49 am
Shafter says...

"My, what a boring name you have, Narrator. Any reason for the capitals in 'Socially Acceptable?' It was a rhetoric question anyway; to you-know-where with social acceptability." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:09 am
McMourning says...

I can see that, but we needed something to continue the conversation. And, now we have one....my name may be boring, but it suits me, as I am the opinionated, nameless narrator of the story. What about your name, Traistal?

~The Narrator
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:27 pm
Twit says...

"Trai!" *dances out of Traistal's reach, thumbing nose mockingly* "Hey, Trai! What about your name, Trai?" ~The Raven
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

236 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:43 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

In answer to a question somebody asked a long time ago, yes, it is definitely morally acceptable to kill someone who calls you by a nickname. My name is Fatima. Can you imagine? Ugh. ---Fatima de la Rhyn
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

55 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:31 pm
Shafter says...

*Traistal throws his knife, grazing Raven's head but only drawing a little blood*
*Ahem*
"My author thought I was a throwaway character, and thus gave me a rather boring name, though I've come to be used to it. I prefer my formal name, though: Avanmore. Oh, and Fatima, my condolensces on your nicknames. Though I assure you the name has fine cadence." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:10 pm
Twit says...

"Ooh, big ouchie present here! I do value my blood, you know!" *tosses up Traistal's knife and starts juggling with it* "Your formal name is Avanmore? Avanmore, Avanmore, 'ave some more, Avanmore? And Fatima...Fatty, tee hee. Na, that is too cruel. I abstain from jeering at you. Hai mai, I'm getting soft!" *balances knife on finger before throwing it back at Traistal* "Catch, Trai!" ~The Raven
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

236 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:49 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

You throw around this knife as if it was a child's toy. Have you know sense of propriety, no emotion for other humans? A knife is no toy, boys. It is a weapon. There is no end to violence these days.
---Kaska

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:16 pm
Via says...

"*shifty eyes* Dude, you guys seriously need a hobby." -Annah
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

You are in the wrong land even if the roosters recognize you.
— Nathalie Handal, "Noir, une lumière"