z

Young Writers Society

Offer a plot bunny

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:48 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

-Waves- first, a bit of an intro. I'm currently facing a tiny bit of writer's block, and I ended up coming up with a way to -hopefully- get some ideas. So I came up with this idea and posted it to my Creative Fantasy LJ community (http://community.livejournal.com/creativefantasy), and I thought I would post it here as well.

The task: List as many fantasy plot bunnies as possible. These can be ones just off the top of your head, or ones that you have come up with when trying to find an idea that you've ended up not using (as long as you don't mind letting others use them and would be willing to see what people come up with). If you have no ideas but know of a web site (OTHER than the Seventh Sancrium (or whatever the name of the site is)- most of the ideas there are too silly for my tastes) that might help, you can link to that instead. Try to indicate what a good part in a story it could take place at would be (beginning, middle, end, prologue).

The goal: Have them with as little cliché as possible. Since this is fantasy, it's a bit unavoidable, but try to make them as original as possible.

Try to go in to a bit of detail for some of them if possible. A few sentences or more would be great.

I'll start with the first one.

I have this scene in mind where there's some sort of duel, between siblings or enemies or something, but I have no ideas beyond that. Perhaps if they are siblings, the writer could make it seem like they hate each other, but at the end of the duel it's shown that they can actually tolerate each other. (I actually thought of an interesting idea using this plot bunny. Hmm...)

The point: to have fun, and to hopefully get those creative juices flowing if you need them to.

Now it's your turn.

I can factcheck ur flashback outfits
— SirenCymbaline