z

Young Writers Society

The Worst Story Ever

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:02 pm
Chairman says...

Game Rules:

It's basically a "countinue-where-i-left-out" activity...but the final product has to be extremely bad. No flaming allowed, but a sudden change of plot and confusing details can be added. Grammar shouldn't be left out.

Let me begin:

No one, ever, had disturbed the silence, as John walked down the hallway. The hallway was bustling with life and loud music.

(Get an idea?)

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:11 pm
Ofour says...

Several tortoises dropped from the ceiling as he gingerly tiptoed over a steaming pile of horse manure.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:15 am
Wiggy says...

"Eureka!" John cried. "It's an icestorm!" He looked out the 20th story window onto an iceskating pond where they were shooting a new movie.
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:30 am
Sam says...

The movie was a sweet Valentine's Day tale of romance and action, and- being tall, muscular, and blonde- John walked passed and was nearly tackled by the director, who asked him to star in the movie.

Then, prompted by attacks by the inferior-looking, evil-souled original leading man, the director proposed that John and the previous star engage in a duel.

"This town ain't big enough fer the two of us," said John, and the fight began, as they circled the park with their pistols pointed at each other in an intense manner, shirts torn to accentuate their heaving, beautifully toned (and sweaty!) pectorals.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:19 am
Shafter says...

(:lol: You're terrible, Sam!)

As they circled, beautifully toned (and sweaty!) pectorals heaving, the street curbs became littered with bodies-- bodies of fainted girls who had come to watch the duel.

BANG! BANG!

The smoke settled slowly. The townspeople gasped.
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

9 Reviews

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:11 pm
Chairman says...

"Oh! Oh!" Crowds of penguins gasped in the distance.

"Want any pizza?" One asked another.
'"Yup. And a double cappucino shot cappucino."
"Okay...I'll pass by starbucks."

The penguin cycled around the town, eventually kicking into John. Suddenly, John had the thought of talking to it.

"Hello."

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:02 pm
Ofour says...

The penguin, disliking John's attitude, delivered a forceful punch to his stomach. Grabbing a nearby iron bar he laid into John with gusto. Having killed his target he wandered off to find the Starbucks.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:16 pm
Lilyy03 says...

As the penguins left for Starbucks, John's would-be co-star (a tall, slender, bosomy, raven-haired woman) dashed to his fallen body. She wore a plain blue dress, but its demure simplicity did not subtract from her unsurpassable good looks.

"Oh, how very terrible!" she screamed. She flailed her arms in a windmill-like manner. The top layer of her makeup began to be washed away by pearl-like tears.

John opened one eye.

"Shh," he said. "This is just a ruse to show off my superb acting abilities."

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:12 pm
bubblewrapped says...

"Shh," his (would-be) co-star whispered right back. "So is this!"

But before the two of them could take the scene any further (John had a dramatic death scene in mind, while the woman was wondering whether fainting or sobbing against John's manly chest would be more effective) the penguins returned.

They brought with them the giraffes.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:42 am
Tara says...

"THIS IS NOT WALLMART!" John shouted, nervously shoving a pickle in his ear.

"Great Scott!" The penguins gasped, mounting the giraffes promptly, "He's right!."

They galloped off into the sunset, ready to spread the word of their adventures to unsuspecting victims.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

9 Reviews

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:14 pm
Chairman says...

"Okay, the penguins are gone...so can we continue the scene?" John murmured.
"Well yeah."
"Yeah."
"Yeah."
"Darn...I'm thinking of dialogue."
"Me too."
"Yeah."
"Yeah."
"Yeah."
"Yeah."

55 Reviews

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:25 am
Shafter says...

One of the random bystanders decided it was time to quite the stupid romantic tension between John and his (would-be) co-star.

He promptly threw a handgrenade into the nearest building.
Got YWS?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:26 am
bubblewrapped says...

As the building exploded, John and his (would be) co-star were thrown backwards. French fries rained down on them.

"Mmm. Must have been a McDonalds," John commented, sticking a fry in his mouth.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:35 pm
Myth says...

One of the chips got up and started to walk away when the director spotted it. "Hey, wanna be in a really frabjous movie about weird things that talk and eat humans along the way?"

The little chip nodded his head and trotted after the very large director.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

55 Reviews

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:11 am
Shafter says...

Meanwhile, John got to his feet and asked his (would-be) co-star, "What's your name?"

"Penelope Q'zartialanis," she replied.

John blinked. "You mean you're--"

"From a fantasy story. Yes."

The innocent bystanders passed around the popcorn. This was going to get interesting.
Got YWS?

A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden