In The Picture

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:57 am
View Likes
Myth says...

"I have a broken ankle? I thought I got punched?"

"You did."

She squinted, staring out the glass box, her prison—for now, at least.

"But my ankle—"

"—Is something I made you believe. Get up if you like, take a little walk."

She got up, then fell. Her ankle really was broken. Aethel swore, her assailant laughed.

"Let's see you try that again."

.:

Scenario: Your character is having a nightmare, what does he/she see?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:54 pm
tinny says...

There was sunshine and long green grass, the scent of fresh spring flowers drifting in the air. In the distance there were crisp pointed pine trees, stout and proud. Wires cried. She sobbed and sobbed into her father's chest whilst he stroked her hair, soothing her.

"It's my fault." She mumbled through her tears, "It's all my fault." He father hushed her.

"No, of course it's not. You all had a choice didn't you? You made yours, and he made his. It can't be helped if the two are different." He said, in that voice which never wavered, yet never told any hint of emotion, just calm. Always calm. Yet now it held that unnatural slick hint of malice, "And you'll have till the end of the world to accept that."

Wires woke with a jolt.

Scenario: characters sees someone that were close to but have not spoken to for a very long time, yet this person neither recognises nor remembers them. What do they do?
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

820 Reviews

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:26 pm
Myth says...

"I thought you'd remember me. I mean, you know what happened."

"Leave her alone." Paron laid a hand on Ovid.

"Aethel? I'm—"

"Paron, get rid of him. Keep the boy and his gynoid." She swung around, sticky tape stuck to her temple. "News says you're wanted, Boy."

Why doesn't she remember me?

The one called Paron pushed him into an empty lift.

.:

Scenario: Your character[s] is running, from who?

'...'

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:36 pm
tinny says...

There were too many trees. Sure there'd been trees back home, but no think forest such as thins, and Heath knew that were it not for Ash-May's hand guiding him along, he;d have long since been lost.

"What's after us?" He asked, breathlessly.

"Shadow." She replied, it looked like she was catching flies out of the air with her spare hand although Heath could see no insects buzzing around. They paused for a moment, to see how far they'd come, when he saw the dark mass, semi-human in shape, all black except for the crisp green human eye which was staring at him. Ash-May grabbed his arm and pulled him away again.

Scenario: Your character is told that they have three days left to live, what do they do?
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

820 Reviews

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:42 pm
Myth says...

"Seriously?"

"I'm afraid so. Unless you co-operate."

Aethel snorted. "I died once. Did he tell you that? Maybe I'll survive, cats have nine lives."

She heard a chuckle.

So much like mine. "You're not me. Even your hair is wrong, everything is wrong. If I die, then it is God's will."

Silence.

"Didn't he tell you? I'm not a Heathen like other Citizens. No cremation for me." She laughed.

.:

Scenario: Your character finds a bloody knife, what does he/she do?

'...'

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:14 pm
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

Tov dropped the bloodied switchblade like a live-wire.

"Er, hey," he told Teller, whose abstracted gaze had focused on him with grim inquiry - "Not mine. Honest."

--

Scenario: Your character runs into an unexpected proposal of marrriage. From whom - and what is their reaction?
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:03 am
chocolatechipmuffin says...

WARNING: My character has some very serious issues in her life, so this post is...PG-13, I guess, maybe higher, for sexual innuendo. I'm sorry if you're offended, but this is how her story goes (and I'm planning to fix her life up for her, don't worry.)

My father's drunken swagger carries him somewhat to my left, and he only avoids crashing into the wall-covered with gaudy posters, of course-by crashing into another patron of the smoky, grungy bar, who is beyond my father's stage of drunkeness, and into the falling-asleep-on-top-of-his-beer stage, and therefore does not bother to confront his attacker.
My father's friend, either not as drunk, or quite accomplished at passing the walk-in-a-straight-line test, does not miss, but comes straight at me. There is something sinister about this man. My father is violent when sober, the drink amplifies it, but this man is more wily. He reminds me of one of the types of people they warn you about in school, the type who supposedly lurk in dark alleys. It was probably his idea, to snaatch my brother, but why?
His hand stretches out as though to shake mine, but something is off, he's aiming too high-
Now I remember. He is a groper, a feeler-upper. I smoothly deflect his hand, thinking, I can handle this, it's just like ducking a punch. I grasp his hand, shaking it, pretending I don't know what he was doing.
He grins at me-no, he leers at me, and I am reminded of greasy hair. Looking up, I see why.
He turns to my father, and I am relieved, he's moving slightly away from me. My father has gotten up and is swaying a bit, but will not fall any time soon. He does not fall unless a wall gets in his way.
"I'll take her," the man says, confusing me. Take who?
Horror slowly floods through my mind as I begin to comprehend his meaning. I stare at my father. He may be violent, and I hate him, yes, but surely he couldn't do this to me. He can't, can he?
An odd thought presents itself. "He can't, can he?" disregarding punctuation, would be a palindrome if the e and h of the last word were switched around.
"Isabella," my father slurs his words, and I snap back to the situation at hand. "you're getting married."
I look wildly around me. Where is the barkeeper? The other patrons? Anyone?
The strange man is advancing on me again, coming from the door, cutting off my escape. I look behind me, praying for a window, but God apparently has other plans. Please, Lord, I think, save me!
The door burst open, and my savior is framed by the light, just like a movie.
"Help!" I call, realizing how foolish I was to not scream before. Note to self: When in a crisis situation, calling for help is a good thing.
The man, comes running, and as he comes closer, I squint through the smoke and see that it's him. Joe. Thank you, Grandma, for living in a town that does have some teenagers, who think I'm attractive. Thank you, Joe, for being awesome. I really do love you, and I'm going to tell you so. Thank you, God, for sending me Joe.
The stream of gratitude stops as I head for the door, listing my father's weak points for Joe, who calls back, "Red pick-up. Passenger seat. Be right there!" I run for his truck, jump in, stick the keys in the ignition, open the driver's door, and wait for Joe, who is soon out, in the seat beside me, driving me to safety.
"Joe," I start, and I am interrupted when he stops at a red light, leans over, and kisses me.

Sorry it's so long. I got carried away with Prince Charming.
Anyways...
Showdown between your character and his/her nemesis. In a meadow. Who wins? Are their weapons words or...weapons? Describe the fight.
"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky."
~Solomon Short

"We are all of us living in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
~Oscar Wilde

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:02 am
Alteran says...

(SWEET SCENARIO)

Colin's eyes grew brighter and brighter. So much energy coarsed through him. Nanil simply stared. For once he was serious. No more games, no more playing, he was ready to finish it.

Light flashed across the field in all its purity. Darkness met it with all its corrupted vileness.

"You cannot win!" cried Nanil. There was no response. "To afraid to answer me?"

Only a fool wastes breath on speech The Light split into hundreds of beams. Each targeting Nanil. They struck the empty ground where he once stood.

The suns heat approached. The black robed Nanil was too slow. The solar flare hit its mark sending the Lord of Darkness to the ground.

Colin Flew with all his speed towards the ground, taking his Diamond sword in his hand. Power swirled around it as the spirit of Colin, Chris, and Alice readied the final blow.

The sword swung down only to be met by....

(I'm sorry but I cant go any further. It would ruin the ending of my books and I just can let that happen. Please understand.)

Scenario: SPEW Commandos have dropped from the ceiling. They are trying to take your character because they think they are a member of the CCF. Is your Character a memeber? What do they do?
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:49 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

"Get the hell out of my bedroom. I'm mourning if you can't tell." Warrior's sharp violet eyes glowered vehemently at the trio standing in her bedroom.

Her normally tan skin is pale from lack of sunlight and there's a faint red rim about her eyes from her crying. The woman's dark green hair is bedraggled and her expression distinctly haunted.

"If you don't get out on the count of three, I will not hesitate to dismember you all. Slowly." To prove the seriousness of her threat, her hair began to darken and fangs protruded from her mouth as her nails lengthened into claws. Her demon blood was slowly becoming unfurled.

"One..."

Scenario: What would you character do if they were to become an insomniac?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

820 Reviews

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:23 am
Myth says...

"You won't sleep or you can't sleep?"

"No."

Paron unhinged his jaw, an act to show his suprise. Aethel ignored him, watching holo coverage.

"I'll get you some pills."

"No, no, no! I don't want to sleep. I hate dreaming," she said, "you don't know what it's like to dream."

.:

Scenario: Your character reads the paper and finds out his/her friend has died. What does he/she do?

'...'

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:27 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Lydia stared sorrowfully at the periodical in her grasp. Her brown eyes misted with tears at the name in black ink that splayed across the obituaries.

So it was true, that head wound really had been fatal after all. Guilt gnawed at the young teenager's insides and she realized the idea Mimi had of starting over in a remote town didn't sound so bad now.

She'd rather grieve alone.

Scenario: What would your character do if they realized they weren't what their adversary/friend had expected?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:36 am
Alteran says...

"You thought what?" said Chris in disbelief.

"Well I figured you were like a well criminal," said Alice, "you were hiding in a museum after all."

"If I do recall, Colin is the one that stole the Sword."

"What can I say," Alice started to get up. She had become flustered.

"Fine! I guess I kinda of thought of you as a skank!"

The wind whirled with Alice. Her sliced through the air *smack*

Scenario: A kangaroo Mother has mistaken your Character as its child (I dont know why!) What does your character do?
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

820 Reviews

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:38 am
Myth says...

"I always wanted a mother. Can I have a ride?"

Aethel climbed into the kangaroo's pouch.

"Wait a minute. You're meant to be extinct!"

.:

Scenario: Your character meets his/her double, what does he/she say/do?

'...'

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm
Meep says...

Ian blinked. He knew, rationally, that him and Pi were the same person, or, at least the same DNA. Actually seeing the little twerp was an entirely different matter. His doppelgänger stared up at him, and for a moment he was afraid. Superstitious people said seeing your fetch was an omen of death. I am not a superstitious man, Ian reminded himself. I am a man of science.
Nonetheless, he couldn't keep from looking over his shoulder and jumping at every sound.

scenario: your character has the oppertunity to escape death by allowing a complete stranger to die in their place, what do they do?
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

820 Reviews

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm
View Likes
Myth says...

"Take Boy, he's useless." The woman pushed Juvenal between herself and the man.

"There's nowhere left for you, Aethel."

Juvenal was forced backwards, the woman had her arms around him, pulling him back.

"I'll just kill you both. The boy first."

"But I don't—" Juvenal began.

"Sh, Boy. We'll get away." The woman continued to drag him back again.

.:

Scenario: Character was up from a coma, who is the first person he/she sees?

'...'

Well, the only way to start is by starting
— AvantCoffee