z

Young Writers Society

In The Picture

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:15 am
Shafter says...

Daekom slowly lifted his head and squinted at the rusty lantern that swung high above his head. What the hell...? He winced as a throb of pain pulsed through his head.

It took him a full minute to remember what had happened: the road robbers, his willingness to give up everything but his necklace. He wouldn't give up the necklace. They had threatened him, he'd attacked.

You were outnumbered. What did you expect, to win? But why was he here? And why... He felt the small silver chain around his neck. Why hadn't they taken his necklace? Wasn't that what they wanted?

With a sudden clank, an unseen door swung open, spilling blinding light into the small room. Daekom squinted, trying to see who was silhouetted in the light.

"You put up a good fight," the figure said. "But of course, I expected that."

Daekom leaned back in disbelief. It took him a moment to speak. "Erik."

"Hello, brother."

Scenario: Your character is at a party and a repulsive person starts flirting with him/her.
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:44 am
View Likes
Myth says...

Aethel looked at the man with distaste.

"Look, I'm not in the mood for your rattling. Dill put you up to this, didn't he? Tell him to go stuff a chicken, if he knows what one looks like." She walked away, remembering, all those years ago, when Paron had had to step in.

I'm not that person anymore.

.:

Scenario: Your character stumbles across a dead body with an open bag, containing money, what does he/she do?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:03 am
Crysi says...

Saphirus looked around, quickly, cautiously. None of his senses hinted to the killer's presence. Must be new to the trade... Lost his nerve at the sight of blood. Stooping down, he grabbed the bag, then slipped back into the shadows.

Mother will eat well tonight, at least.

~*~

Scenario: Someone has just mentioned the one thing your character is extremely stressed out about. What does he/she do?
Love and Light

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:26 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Cries. Warrior would probably just start crying silently and hiding behind her hair. See, her lover was just murdered by his demon side and his demon is now in charge of his body and trying to both fight his want for her and kill her. Woo.

Scenario: Your character has just had their car (or mode of transportation) crap out on them in the early morning in the freezing cold. What do they do to remedy the situation?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:31 am
bubblewrapped says...

"Goddamn it!" Vera cursed as she got out of the car. What had she done to deserve this? First, she'd been coerced into making this trip against her better judgment, in order to provide moral support for a friend she hadnt spoken to in years. And now here she was, stranded in the middle of nowhere, and it wasnt even five o'clock yet.
Wonderful.
Vera was not a mechanic, but she walked to the front of the car anyway and lifted up the hood, more in an attempt to jump-start her exhausted brain than anything else. She stared at the mess of wires and smoking parts in front of her. What was the use? She'd probably blow something up if she tried to fix it by herself.
With a sigh, she felt in the pocket of her jacket for her mobile phone. It wasnt there. She checked again, then looked in her handbag for good measure. No phone. She must have left it at home, or packed it in her suitcase, she realized. Damn. Now what? She looked helplessly up and down the deserted highway. It was bloody cold, and there was no-one in sight.
She so should not have let Emma talk her into this.

Scenario: Your character just found something precious that they lost a long time ago. What is it, and how do they react?
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:03 am
Alteran says...

"I cant keep dening it anymore!" Cried Alice. Tear after tear falling gracefully down her face.

"Neither can I," said Colin; just louod enough to be heard. She took a step back, trying to wipe away her tears.

Colin stepped forward forcefully and grabbed her. I though I was over you, but I'm not. I finally found the girl I fell in love with again.

She smiled at the sound of his thought and they kissed. Love at last.

Scenario: A bounty Hunter has come to collect the bounty on your head.
Last edited by Alteran on Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

72 Reviews

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:45 am
View Likes
luna_the_shiekah says...

Deelia frowned upon hearing the grouchy man's proclamation that he was to kill her for the bounty she apparently had. Instead of growing fearful or panicked, she merely tilted her head upward as if giving her companion Jyace a quizzical look. But being blind, she couldn't.

"I have a bounty? Why don't you?"

"You are far more irritable. You probably made an enemy of whoever we spoke to last."

"Great." She heard the man come at her and only sighed, sidestepping the amateur with a look of disgust on her features.

"All this for a blind girl. Idiot."

Scenario: Your character has found out that a rather embarassing photo of themselves has been put in the hands of their enemy. What do they do?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

820 Reviews

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:32 am
Myth says...

"Well, I'm supposed to be dead. It doesn't really matter," Aethel said.

Paron watched her with with his bright eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. Besides, I don't really care,"

"You don't?" he asked. "I'll retrieve it just in case. I know what your like."

.:

Scenario: Your character wakes up to find him/herself in a glass room, he/she can hear voices and laughter. What does he/she say/do?

'...'

72 Reviews

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:47 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Jyace blinked blearily and looked about. The entirety of his surroundings were made up of glass. Crawling over, he tapped the side with his finger and froze as a strange imp like face with bulbous yellow eyes peered back at him.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

"Err...I'm sorry?"

"You'd better be! Lousy human..." And the imp's face faded away making Jyace both disturbed and curious. However, he had found a way to entertain himself in this odd prison.

Piss off the imp.

Scenario: Your character is hungry and has no cooking skills or items to cook with, what do they do?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:05 am
Ani May Queen says...

Taban's stomach growled for what was not the first time in a short while. He frowned and glanced at the clock. 4:00, and dinner was at 5:30. He sighed and made his way to the kitchen.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Candy called, grabbing him by his earlobe.

"Hey! Ow that hurts!" He cried, pulling away. "I was just going to get something to eat!"

"Oh no you don't! You'll ruin your dinner," she said, trying her best to sound motherly. "And beside, you're not allowed in the kitchen after...well after last time you tried to cook." They both flinched at the memory.

"Maybe, Matt will want to go out to dinner," Taban said, heading for the phone. "I'll call him."

Scenario: You're character has to get a speech to a large group of people in ten minutes. What are they doing?
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. - Jules de Gaultier

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:41 am
Shafter says...

Émon paced the small room, tugging at his cuffs and too-tight collar. "I can't do this, I can't I can't I can't..."

Andréva followed him around, rearranging his disorderly hair. "Don't worry, Émon, you'll do fine!"

"No, I won't." Émon stopped pacing and leaned heavily against the wall. "Maybe if I just close my eyes tight enough, the crowd will go away."

Andréva sighed sympathetically. "Just calm down. Take a few deep breaths."

Émon obeyed, shuddering with each intake.

"Now stand tall, be confident and don't worry. Are you ready to go out there now?"

Émon drew another deep breath. Then he banged his head against the wall, so hard that it left a dent.

Slightly dizzy, he turned to face her. "All right, I'm ready."

Scenario: Your character has to walk a mile through five feet of snow to warn his/her family about an upcoming disaster.
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

72 Reviews

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:01 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

"Will you just OPEN THE DOOR?"

Mimi panicked and ushered her irate daughter inside. She gave the teen a once over and frowned at the blue hue in her cheeks and the snow that decorated her pink locks and boots.

"Lydia sweetie what's-" She watched her shivering daughter begin to throw clothes into suitcases. "Lydia?"

"We..." She coughed."Have to leave. NOW!"

Scenario: Your character has decided to never return to their most beloved person/place again. What's their next step?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:08 am
Crysi says...

Saphirus moved forward relentlessly, ignoring the winds that threatened to tear through his cloak. He had walked these streets so many times before, but always with a calm sense of purpose, save once. This time around, his mind raced so quickly he wondered if he was really thinking anything at all.

And then, as the image of her face flashed in his mind, he did something he had never done in his life.

He looked back.

Scenario: Your character must take a medicine in order to cure a rather nasty illness, but the side effects seem equally as terrible. What does he/she decide to do?
Love and Light

820 Reviews

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:27 am
Myth says...

Aethel snorted at Paron's warning. "I survived a five level drop and ended with a scar. You can always patch me up if things go wrong."

She drank from the crystal bottle.

Scenario: Your character is in the stocks/prison, how does he/she plan to escape?

'...'

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:13 pm
Poor Imp says...

"And you're going to survive this?" remarked Dashevsky.

There was a pause. Disoriented, Tov shook his head, gaze flicking from white walls, windowless and back to the questioner's face.

"Er, hey - if you let me out, right?"

--

Scenario: Your character is trapped on a roof for some reason. Why and what does he/she do?
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic