z

Young Writers Society

Character Answer Game

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:44 pm
Sam says...

Bah, deafness and blindness and smellness...we shall put it this way: I'm already a Molly, if you'll excuse my crudeness. I don't need any more deformities or illness to make me perhaps more hated. I'm already not fine the way I am.

Ha...oh, I'll quote myself. I like that last line. *stalks off*
- Adelais

Society? What society? I live in a bloody tower- this is where Anne Boleyn awaited death, you do know? It's not really atmospheric; I'd pay to not have a nose or ears. - Mary Reeve

*blink* I couldn't hear, and I couldn't smell. Why would I want a thing like that? - David

When did your family first come to [Insert Country Name Here]?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:52 pm
Fishr says...

Massachusetts? I was but a mere boy - around the age of five. For the life of me, I cannot remember the year of the voyage. I was born in 1709 if that will put your miles of questions to ease. - Welcome Garrison

Virginia? I rightly do not remember clearly. My Father was a Scottish-born planter though. - Patrick Henry

Apollos Rivoire, my Father, born in Riocaud in 1702; sent by his family to the New World in 1715. Arrived in 1716, yes ma'am, he did, and taught his son about Goldsmithing. - Paul Revere

Henry Adams of Braintree; he took his flight from the Dragon Persecution in Devonshire in England, and alighted with eight sons, near Mount Wollaston. First son of Henry, Henry (jr); born 1604, settled in Medfield, where the poor lad was killed in a supposed war - Philip's War, and his wife likewise, in the most tragic manner. My brother, John [Adams], has regaled often about the past of Adams'. - Samuel Adams

Does your family have a long, and exciting family history? Give us an example. Good or bad.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:46 am
Shafter says...

fishr wrote:Does your family have a long, and exciting family history? Give us an example. Good or bad.

"Uhm, Momm said she was learning to sew when the Untouchables were thrown in camps. I think her mother was a seamstress or something. I don't know anything further back than that." ~Émon

"My family has a very long and dull history of being in the wine business. My favorite story, however, is of one man of my line nearly eight hundred years ago who served as cupbearer to the emperor. He actually lived through the emperor's entire reign, but then was executed when the next one came along. Fascinating." ~Myron

How much did/does your relationship to your mother affect the way you live?
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:21 am
Twit says...

"Uh... I never knew her, but I think it was because she'd gone that Da never settled down properally." ~The Raven

"When she died, there wern't no one else, so I s'pose it did affect me a bit." ~Kit

"Elam wanted me to enter the E.C, and I did. She gave me determination to try for it." ~Fal

"Mother? Don't think I have one. No, really." ~Rohsair

How many siblings do have? Describe them.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:30 pm
gyrfalcon says...

"Do not get me started on my siblings! First of all, there're about a hundred of them, and of course half of them are only half-sibs because, yep, mom and dad were Elementals and let's face it, there's not a lot of faithfulness involved when you're Air and Water (respectively) incarnate. Anyway, I don't really know any of them very well, though I suppose you could say that Karoon's my half-brother..." ~Tannar

"I have two, a younger brother and a younger sister. Neither of them know they're related to me, of course, and both are only half-sibs through my mom." ~K'ratcha

"A younger sister, Kassir. Even though she's quite a lot younger than I, we've always gotten along very well. She's stubborn, determined, loyal, and very, very good with a blade." ~Danteel

what's your dream job?
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:40 pm
Sam says...

Uhm...that's odd. I've never really thought about it. I know what I might become, but even if I don't actually- you know- then, I've still got two million pounds. That would last the Bank of England through a famine, so I think I'm all right in that respect. - Luke

I'd want to be a banker, just like Barclett...but, if I weren't the way I am, I'd want to be a missionary. To India, of course, and find my father. - Upton

Oh, Hell- nice as Mr. Smart is to me, I don't want to be a lawyer. At all. I want to be one of those Transcendentalists- you know, the artists and poets who live in the wilderness and, er...paint. And write poetry. It sounds wonderful, and not lawyer-y. - Adelais

What's standing between you and living out your fantasy life?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:48 pm
Emerson says...

I don't think I have a fantasy life. Yes, I do dream, but I'm a cynic as well. - Rosen

Maybe it is my own phobias. I'm horrified of so many things that would be nice, you know? No, I suppose you don't. And that makes no sense, anyway. *nervous laughter* - Clive

Oh I... I'm not really sure. I dream about a lot of things. What are parents like? And love, what is love like? But I haven't had either and.. I don't think I ever will. - Vadoma

The only fantasy that I think about is Alastair and...I dare say it's his horrible alcohol that keeps me from him. And perhaps his own fantasies. Men can be horrible sometimes. - Audrey

How cleanly are you?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:51 am
Joeducktape says...

Cleanly enough.~ Kyra

Organization is top priority. But I do sometimes let it slide. ~ Eli

Phst. Sometimes? ~ Akita

What would your dream house look like?
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:17 pm
logosgal says...

I've never really thought about it much. I'm only 14! I do know that I want lots of kids when I grow up, so it'd have to be big enough.
-- Daniel Larriway

Right now, I'd take just about anything that doesn't involve carrying bulky packs and running from unknown dangers.
--currently unnamed Elf from a currently unnamed fantasy story

I'd like my old house in the village back, with my family standing out front waving to me when I come home from hunting. I still find it hard to believe that it's all gone.
--currently unnamed Man from the aforementioned fantasy story

How do you pronounce your name?
Home is where the books are.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:57 pm
Writersdomain says...

"Uh... my name is Strick. Do you really need a pronunciation for that?" ~Strick

"It's Uh-ree-oh, not Uh-rill-oh, you idiot. Uh-ree-oh." ~Arillo

"My name is pronounced Kray-uh. I know it looks like Kree-uh, but it's really not. The mistake has been made many times, so don't feel bad about pronouncing it wrong." ~Creiha

Would you ever think of naming your child after yourself? Why or why not?
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:14 pm
Alice says...

"Absoloutly, its the only way I figure my kid'll get through life, being refernced to me constantly." ~~James

"No, I hate my name, just like the rest of my life." ~Alexia

"Of course, i mean what better way to scar your child than naming it after yourself?"~~Sarah
I just lost the game.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:17 pm
Twit says...

"Don't intend on having any children, so the question doesn't arise." ~The Raven

"Never thought about it. Do I need to?" ~Kit

"Naming it after myself? How egotistical." ~Rohsair

"If my son Saw as I do, then, sa, I would like him to share my name." ~Fal

What's your favourite element?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:18 pm
Twit says...

Oh, dubble post, but my one's the one with the question in.

#TNT

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:49 am
Shafter says...

ShadowTwit wrote:What's your favourite element?

"Fire." ~Narvik

"I'd have to agree with him for once." ~Traistal

"Uhm... water?" ~Émon

"I think earth." ~Myron

"Earth. Fire's a close second, however." ~Andréva

"Sky! Oh wait, is that one of the elements? Is it wind...?" ~Keer

What's the last thing you said aloud?
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:52 am
Poor Imp says...

'Right. You think. Er, wait, honest?'

...Bloody stupid to an idiot with a switchblade. Unless you can run. I can, da?
-Tov

--

How long since you felt grateful for something or someone?
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown